Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 PM

We have 39 people who have not received firmy or squishy for June. Of those,19 are in the mail now to their secret pal. That leaves 20 that I will be sending out pms to. That is much better than the 67 pms from last month! Please answer asap so we can start July up!
    Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Please pm me if you have received your package! Imagine how upset you will be if you don't let me know and can not sign up for July! We are down to the wire and I will be forced to deny your request to sign up and I really don't want to do that.
    Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM

Still on the bench. I'm convinced my SP waited to send it so I would receive it on my birthday next week, so I'm still in a positive mood. But I need to get up and move around a bit, or these old bones will start screaming at me to stop being so lazy.
    Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 PM

hang in there SharonAnne.
    Old 06-24-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
    reeskylr.............................

yes it is a tiny pincushion. the chair bottom lifts up to reveal a secret hiding place....
    Fidgety,

It is no longer a secret.
    Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 AM

Just answered Loris PM and have mailed mine on June 4th and have not received yet.
    Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Here are my pictures of my package from FQ Stash Queen She was so thoughtful to send me 16 FQ of bug fabric for the bug jar quilt I plan on making for my grandson Austin. She also enclosed 14 FQs of beautiful fabric, take a look! There was a baggie with 25 10" blocks of all different colors. She hand made a binder keeper (next to starch bottle) and a lovely pin cushion ring. There was a pair of small scissors and the neatest thimble, a large pink pom pom pen (say that 10 times fast!) a samall notebook with pen holder on the side, 6 spools of thread, a "hot pad" for the iron lol, a large butterfly that will go on my potted plant. 2 packages of straight pins 1 pearlized pins and 1 for applique, a magnet for my refrig with TO DO and TO BUY lists. I just know that I will forget something so take a look at the pictures, they speak volumes!! She said all of this was from her stash, now I know why they call her the FQ Stash Queen!
    Such a nice package from FQ Stash Queen for our great host! I can't wait to see your bug jar quilt! Please tell us a little about the binder holder...what a cute and unique gift!
    Old 06-24-2011, 04:51 AM

I am also still waiting for my package. However, it is I am sure in the mail somewhere along the way.

We are having a postal strike right now and no mail is going at all.

Sure it will be here when they start delivering mail again.

:thumbup:
    Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 AM

NOTE: If I was your SP and you sent me a package and I have not acknowledged its receipt, the last time I was able to check my mail was on June 15, on my way to my mother's to run some errands or her. When I went to my car to leave on those errands my car would not start. The closest garage was called on the 16th and had to wait until they could get their rollback fixed (they are the only one for miles). After numerous followup phone calls they finally admitted yesterday, they had not even started working on their rollback and had no idea when they would get to it.

Yesterday I called a garage in the closest city and they sent a rollback yesterday p.m. and my car is finally being worked on and hopefully can pick it up late today or tomorrow morning. After talking the to tow driver, he was nice enough to give me a break on the tow charge and only charged me his local fee rather than his long distance fee. This was a major break as we thought it was the fuel pump that needed to be replaced.

Needless to say I have not been able to check my mail since the 15th and it may be next Tuesday before I can get to my post office to check it.

So, if you sent me a package and it is showing received and I have not acknowledged it is because I have not been able to check my mail. I did notify Lori on the 16th of my car problem and I sent her a PM earlier today.
    Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 AM

cute bug jar fabric Lori :)