December mini Quilt swap

Old 12-03-2014, 03:30 PM

The fur baby is cute!
The new grandson is adorable!! Have to agree, Tlambing, nothing like a puppy or a grandbaby!

Bilben,
Congrats and how exciting!! He's precious.. My 1st (and only) grandson will be a year old in a few days. I still recall the total overwhelming love, joy, happiness, blessedness, everything-ness dh and I felt when we "met" him for the 1st time at 5 minutes old.. He was swaddled in Mommy's arms, lil cap on his head, all big bright eyes. He was looking right at my daughter-in-law and cooing. I melted... But recovered long enough to snap a pic..And it's still one of my fave pics.

So enjoy that baby, I know you are!!

JuneBillie,
I have terrible insomnia, have had for about 2 years. Good thing my work is PRN, be hard to find any patients who'd like to do there OT at 2,3,4 a.m..lol.
One symptom of Lupus is overwhelming fatigue, another is chronic insomnia..makes sense, as it's a vicious circle. But as I always say, I'm much better off than many are, so quit whining, Kif!!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-03-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:55 PM

I will join in January. I think I asked to be on the list but didn't hear from you ..its ok I am so tired. waiting for the doctor to give me a little something that will wake me up more. slow blood I think is wiping me out. sigh.. please make sure to get me on the next list Teresa. I cant wait to see the pictures that are posted.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I will join in January. I think I asked to be on the list but didn't hear from you ..its ok I am so tired. waiting for the doctor to give me a little something that will wake me up more. slow blood I think is wiping me out. sigh.. please make sure to get me on the next list Teresa. I cant wait to see the pictures that are posted.

You asked me to put you on the January list Brat and I have. If you'd like to play this month also, I bet I can accommodate that. Just you let me know.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM

I actually have a couple started, so if Brat wants to play, put her with me... Bwahaahaaa....teehee..

Okay, I think I changed my mind (again), here's my newest inspiration sneak peek. It's a block I made for a monthly themed quilt, still haven't put them all together to make the quilt.
I'm thinking I'll make a similar block for Tlambing...maybe do a few things the same, or not:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]501125[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20141203_210304.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-03-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

That is another tease of a peak. Very interesting! Looks like a possible little round nose. lol...
I have been looking at fabric, and trying to decide which way to go.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:25 AM

I heard from my swap partner. Now to get started...I'm so excited!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 AM

Well Kif, that's a very intriguing peek! I spent a little time trying to figure it out, to no avail.

Yesterday, I spent my spare ten minutes yesterday trying to figure out my snow fabric. I've narrowed it down to fusible fleece, or white cotton with snow flakes. Hmmmm.... I think experimentation may be needed.

I need an opinion, since I have 2 lucky swappers receiving minis from me this month, is it ok to make the same mini for each? With subtle differences of course. Or should each be totally different?
"What say you?"
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 AM

tlambing .... I say "Why not?" I've envied a lot of things that you've done. Each would still be unique.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:54 AM

I have made contact with Cheesehead yesterday and the ideas are swirling about in my head. I will sketch several of them and then decide which one I would like to use. We both like surprises, so it is nice to do something with a little more creative to keep that part of my brain working. LOL. Chances are I will take bits & pieces from a couple designs combine them into the final project. We'll see how it will go. I'm off and running to do some stuff of the quilty kind.

Tricia
Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 AM

Teresa, I say go for it. I would do the same with a few changes...or even the same with no changes. Whatever you make I know they will love it.