Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

love the santa collection. my son,now me, has a nutcracker collection. only about half about 50 of them are on display. can't find room for the rest of them.

does anyone know January's theme yet? I need to get a rush o it, there was a nasty fire here in the condo. 4 houses burned down to the ground. Seven kids. I offered to make them all new stocking with their names on it.it's a lot of work, but these poor kids have nothing but what they escaped with on their backs. I'm also donating my mystery quilt. doesn't really match anything in my house, it will keep someone theer warm. hope they like homemade quilts.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Lynnie tat is really sweet of you to make them all stockings and not sure how fancy you get but they really don't take that long... The quilt, any one would love a quilt and what makes it more special is that it's handmade... What you are doing is very unselfish... Thank you for helping them...
Old 12-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Lynnie, you are such a wonderful generous person! I'm sure the kids will love their stockings and the quilt sure will keep someone warm.

The theme for January is "no theme". It is make whatever your little heart desires. It should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:47 PM

I thought I read in one of the posts about everyone doing there own theme, not sure though. I think a snowman one would be fun. We did the chicken one and look how many different ones we came up with. I don't know all that has been done in the past, I remember someone saying something about doing a cardinal. Lynnie it was nice of you to make all of those Christmas stockings and donate your quilt.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 PM

Rosemary, Karen and I must have been posting all at the same time. Well that makes it easy, do whatever we want. I had to bum fabric from DD to make mine this month. I really enjoy this swap.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Don't forget that Wednesday, Dec. 17th is the deadline for mailing your pc's and nc's. If you are going to be late mailing, please let me know.
Didn't remember the hard and fast date for mailing, thanks for posting it! I will have to give up on the "parts" I am waiting for and get this package packed up and sent! I had fun with this one!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:55 PM

Lynnie, I think you are wonderful person for taking on the stockings for these kids. Christmas probably seems like a lost dream to them about now. Thank you for your generosity of spirit and your large heart. The quilt will be appreciated I am sure.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

the girls ones on the heel and toe and on the top and bottom of where the name is will have piping and lace. the boys just piping. this is usually contrast. I'm looking forward to doing these for these poor kids. could you imagine sitting in your house and the fire place blowing up?? what a horror. everyone got out o.k. I wish I had more quilts to give away. I said I was doing this for a tragedy. well this one is very close to home. 5 parking lots away.

The stockings are a bit fancy, but elegant looking, something they will have till they are 50. I make them "NOT" kiddish. I want them to be used for ever. no kiddy theme, all pretty Christmas fabrics. thanks for the encouragement all. I'll need it by the time i'm done with # 5.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

I have to say that if I join in on the January one I would love one with some type of winter theme. I read a book once many years ago about this woman who had been very sick, and whenever she seen a redbird she said, that means it's going to be a good day. I think that now every time I see a redbird.

Lynnie it is very kind of you making these things for the families whose house burned down.

All of you have made such beautiful pincushions and needle cases again. They are all just great.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Hey Susan, you never know. sign up, I did a nice cardinal. you'll love him. keep your fingers crossed, and hope and wish, and maybe you'll get me in the swap. join us for January.

everyone will be done with things and want a project to do, so join for January. EVERYONE!!!