December Postcard Swap

Old 01-05-2016, 07:08 AM

Nanica, what a clever idea.......falling snow........
Old 01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Everyone did such cute, pretty, elegant cards. So many different ones, so I tried to cover all the words to fit each I could think of.

Others with their creativity help me to get new ideas. I love it.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 PM

BettyJ is still on a Holiday getaway, haven't heard if she received her Dec. postcard...............calla
Old 01-06-2016, 01:28 AM

susan, i'm happy you like it! i will have areas in which i can improve the next one. new glue is my first priority. lol. and i will have the january card sent out early! i love my snowman , jb. it is just lovely! we might get snow this winter-- fingers crossed! till then i have a nightfall of snow to gaze at and dream! thank you.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

I am like you nancia on many counts. I hope to get January's card out much sooner, hope for snow this winter, but until we do I can look at my card and see falling snow.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:19 PM

I am just back from my holiday to NZ. My husband and I had a wonderful holiday and the weather was fine until the last day so we were quite fortunate. The highlight of the trip was flying over the mountains in a small 8 seater plane to Milford Sound. Once there we went up the sound in a tourist boat. Even though it is summer there was still quite a lot of snow on the peaks.

My lovely Postcard from Calla was waiting for me when I arrived home. Thank you so very much, Calla, a lovely swap, everything you included is wonderful. I am intending to make a Christmas ornament to attach the adorable beaded star you made so that it doesn't get lost. Lovely Postcard, great buttons, ribbon and fabric and coins.
Attached Thumbnails imgp7482.jpg  
Old 01-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Posting the picture that I took of the swap I sent to Calla. I am sorry that the picture isn't a bit more clear.
Attached Thumbnails imgp7422.jpg  
Old 01-06-2016, 07:09 PM

BettyJ, so glad my items arrived OK. I sent some additional items as it was Christmas, the beaded snowflake I wear as a necklace pendant. And the coins Canadian as the Queen is on them, I thought you meant get enjoy them. The PO here damaged your envelope but all arrived fine. I so appreciated them all. Please see post #244.... Thanks for swapping with me......so pleased you had a nice time.......calla/Sue
Old 01-06-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
Thank you BettyJ, my envelop arrived. However, it was damaged, my .p.o offered an apology. However, the bookmark, snowflake and postcard are in fine shape. They are gorgeous such intense stitching. I also appreciate your note. I hope you find yours ok when you return from your trip. Thanks for swapping with me.........calla/Sue
Oh Calla, I am so very sorry that the envelope was damaged but very relieved that the contents were okay. Maybe I should have packaged them more intensely, but I was trying to keep the postage down. We have just had a massive postage rise here in Australia. Ordinary internal letter postage has jumped from 70 cents to $1.00, I am in shock as we are still in business and have accounts to post each month. I am thinking that the system wants everyone to do everything online, but I am sure that will come and get us as well. Our day to day costs are just going through the roof at present, I am happy that my husband is considering retirement in the next 12 months.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:09 PM

BettyJ, no no not your fault....the P.O. here did it. And I'm sure since you had everything protected in the clear envelopes they were not damaged. However, I'm also sure the postal workers lusted over what they saw.....all are so very nice.....thanks again nite.........calla/Sue