Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 -  TRICK OR TREAT !  Sign up now! >

Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 - TRICK OR TREAT ! Sign up now!

Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 - TRICK OR TREAT ! Sign up now!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM

Still searching for the "muse" before I can get started. So many good ideas online -- now just have to figure out how to combine them into my own.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Hey Yall, I am going on Vacation to FL to see my sisters tomorrow for a week! YEA!! Can't wait. So behave and take care of the board while I'm gone! Plan to disconnect from computers while I gone!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM

QK Relax and have fun. Really enjoy yourself, and your sister's company. See you when you get back.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM

oh what a lovely thought and hope to not hear from you the entire time your gone.. relax.. go away from work, from life from the board.. just be you for a few days. A novel thought! I hope you have a really great time with your sis you know those moments are precious. Take them!

Ok me a comedian? lol what a JOKE. I am just a quiet little country mouse most of my day then there are these little bursts then they fling right out the window! gone! and its me again. lucky you! you get the bursts! I worked on my doll quilt but it is becoming one big doll quilt let me say. how big? well a toddler might like it also or a table would think wow I could use that! buslady is luckily very forgiving and will probably say nice things regardless of the jumbo item she receives. I couldn't help it.. it was predestined to be.. big. but there are ghosts! cats! bats! pumpkins! how can one go wrong with that??
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 PM

QK - Have a great time!!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi Ladies!
Just popping in to say howdy. Things have been insane around here as of late. There is still a mountain of paperwork to complete before a fast approaching deadline. Lots of bumps in the road. So much to do just to tear down the house and there is just no stinking end. But I think we might just sell the land and move on. To where and when is the next big question. But before we even get to that ... my husband was just diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and must have surgery which is scheduled for October 7th. Hopefully it will not pop before that as that would be a fatal event.
Anyway ... will be back to swap sooner or later, although the way things are looking, it will probably be later rather than sooner.
OH!!! Lynnie25 sent me the most adorable "self-portrait" as a thank you for being swap hostess. I cannot upload pix right now, so I'm hoping she can.
Hugs to all!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:54 AM

Wow Krystyna...what a challenging time. Will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Great to hear from you.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:55 AM

I've been working on the quilt for Jean D and it is nearly done, just a couple more touches and I'll be sending it her way.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM

QuiltingKrazy, have a lovely vacation.

So nice to hear from you Krystyna, I thought things would be very hectic for you and I wanted to say a big thank you for being our swap hostess through your trying times. Prayers for your husband's successful surgery and recovery, but please look after yourself - we want to see you back on this swap one day.

Here is a pic of the little 'thank you' quilt I sent to Krystyna. She deserved a 'self portrait' quilt
Attached Thumbnails p9250005.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Oh goodie Sapphire Rae! Yours STILL needs two buttons sewed on! You know what they say...the cobblers kids who have no shoes....
Krystna prayers your way, please keep in touch. My husband had a brain anyrysm 24 years ago in April. Then two strokes. He's fine now, I value every day with him. He is a walking miracle.
Nice portrait Lynnie. Brave girl.
Elisabrat, I got to take my first painting on fabric class today! It was painting CHICKENS. We had colorful ones but no sunbathers:-(