Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 -  TRICK OR TREAT !  Sign up now! >

Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 - TRICK OR TREAT ! Sign up now!

Doll Quilt Swap #49 September 2013 - TRICK OR TREAT ! Sign up now!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:44 AM

After this month, I will be stepping out for a few months. I have too many other priorities I need to take care of. I want to play but also want to be able to give my best and right now I am being pulled in too many directions. I have had so much fun. I will still be around and checking in to see what you ladies come up with. This has been a fun group to be a part of.

This has been a hard decision but I have been praying about it for over a week and I will be back when I can.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 AM

Brat, I had a ball making yours this weekend. Would have finished it, too, if not for that ding dang phone call I got at 9:00. Employee called in and I had to worry about covering her. I was up at 2:30 head spinning, then at 4:30 texting dispatcher and aide for that bus. What am I doing up at that time? Can't sleep. Of course, not until it is time to get up!! Then I'm a snoozin like a bear in hybernation!!! No bus for dialysis patient that lives around the corner from me, so I said I'd just bring him in. Supposed to pick him up at 8:30, I woke up at 8:39. Out the door at 8:50. Now I just want to go home and take a shower!! Anyway, half hour and I can mail yours to you, if I get your addy!!! PMing you right now!! Oh, and size, mine is a little bigger this time, too. I hate to even give this one up!! If you don't like it, just send it back!! LOL I think you will. Much less "crazy" than the last one I sent you!! Can't wait to see. Maybe a "sneak Peak" tomorrow?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM

createfourpaws...I hope all is okay with you. You will be missed a lot! Take good care! However I am also pretty overwhelmed right now and have been giving thought to being absent for a month or so. I dropped out of all the other swaps I normally do but this one is just really special.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM

keeping my eye out for the October Swap Sign up.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Received this amazing little quilt from Paperpieceme today. Look how tiny the squares are ... and straight! I know I would go cross-eyed trying to put this pattern together -- I think she did a wonderful job, don't you? Thanks for being a great swap partner.

(Dog couldn't resist the photo-op ... what a ham he is!}
I am kinda down tonight, and what a lift I got from this little guy. Thank you
Old 09-16-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Look at this lovely DQ I received from JuanitaBean. How pretty!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436107[/ATTACH]

She also sent me some great fabric. I think she snooped around in my sewing room & took a look at my stash. I will definitely enjoy adding these fabrics to my projects.

Thanks!

Jane
I once was partnered with Juanita. She does beautiful work
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
createfourpaws...I hope all is okay with you. You will be missed a lot! Take good care! However I am also pretty overwhelmed right now and have been giving thought to being absent for a month or so. I dropped out of all the other swaps I normally do but this one is just really special.
All will be ok, mom is having some back issues, today took her for 2 MRI's and it took 2 1/2 hours to get them done. now waiting to see the doc to see what can be done for her back and neck pain.

I have 3 t-shirt quilts I need to finish for 1 person and keep putting it off to play with all the swaps I am in. I need to get them done, then to work on some of the block swaps I have done and put them together...instead of adding them to the UFO pile, which is already too large.

I have to stop over extending myself. remember to do what I can and no more.

Sharon thank you for asking. i will still be around and I also love this swap.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM

I know that feeling!! I am so swamped, have 6 or 7 quilts waiting to be quilted. But these cute, quick little babies are just so darned irrisistable!! I should skip a month, but we will see. Waiting for the theme for next month!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM

I am on a hiatus from making thing swaps. I have one more item then its just my round robins and finish up those 6 UFO's in my bin first so probably be the first of the year for me too. ITs probably so the very hardest for me to stop doing to, addictions being what they are I will be popping in all the time however to say hello between stitching batches.. in the mean time I am wishing for a variety of scary happy halloweenies here soon!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:56 PM

oh boy what have I started... It will be hard to take a break. Will also see what the next theme is.