Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

i am also going to sit this month out, after thinking about it, we just have too much going on for me to do a good job.

I should sit this one out but my imagination is already working !! Count me in. I love to blow out candles. Hugs

I think you all should play! don't run, don't hide.. embrace this challenge with vim and vigor. If you sign up I will sign up. there I said it.. I have other things to do too but this is so much fun and seeing the variety of things that are made is so much fun. I love the concept here because well you can interpret it your own way. Does a candle mean romance to you? candles flowers.. vino? lol.. have a glass of that btw and your ideas will just start jumping at you on paper! its true I have tried it! two glasses don't sew or drive but draw draw draw! the best part about sketching something is you can crumple it up after and well no one will see your art work. hum how about just doing a dq in the colors that to represent the light of a candle? like a graduating light colorwork? or.. if you truly don't like the theme you can work with your partner on your own agreed upon theme. This way you do not make a Christmas work for a person who does not celebrate this. but candles most of us light candles and that is non denominational for sure. its a candle. when do you light one? make a dq that represents that emotion of how you feel when you look at one.. I love to light them especially near the holidays. and sit at night and just enjoy the glow. I say you picked a great them Quiltingkrazy. fun fun fun!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm in, just sent you a PM Krazy. Have to think on this a bit, but I'll come up with something..

oh dont tease brat. you know you want in whether we are here or not. you have about 50 quilt ideas in your inspiring post.
    i am taking my family and my parents to DC for a good chunk of October, in a mini van from WI. i just cant imagine getting it done on time.

Blog Entries
    I got one ...... how about what most of us do each day..... we .... "burn the candle at both ends" BAHAHAHA
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I am in too. Thinking outside the box...could be very interesting to see how everyone interprets this theme. Thanks for making this swap interesting. Okay Brat you promised you'd sign up if more people signed up so come out quilters you know you want to....
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blog Entries
    I love this theme...but I am a tad confused (what's new)..So we will make what our partner wants, or we will make a quilt to do with this theme, and then send it as a "surprise" to the partner?
    Kif
    I "get" the share preferences...I just wasn't sure since some had said if they made what their partner didn't like, they would keep it and make something else...
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

I've had a flicker of an idea for my little quilt. I had a pattern picked out to do for the next LQS challenge and guess what - is has a candle or two on it SOOOOOOOO...... I am going to make two of the same pattern - one as my dolls quilt swap and the other as my challenge.... Mission Accomplished !!!! Well not exactly but from this flicker I hope to move on to a spark
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Kiffie, if you make a Christmas candle say and your partner is not a Christmas celebrating person can you see how this might not work? so if you wait, ask your partner do you celebrate.. first before you use a specific holiday related candel then you are safe right? but if your making a rainbow background to a colorful candle then you wouldn't need to ask right. Or you say when you sign up you prefer to send something you both agree on (dolphins eating peanuts at a baseball game say) then you both do what you agree on. JUST SIGN UP for heavens sake girl. its fairly simple follow the theme and you go holiday make sure its the one your partner celebrates if you go just fun candles that burn at both ends say start sewing now. and if you want to make something else let quiltingkrazy know and she will hook you up with someone who wants to make something else too. SIMPLE truly is. me, I need to relight that candle all the darned time. maybe my candle with have no golden flame at all. oh no! wait you have to sign up first for me to worry about having to make one yet.. sign up its a simple PM I am in. tada!
    Linda

isn't there a candle song out there? jack be nimble jack be quick jack jumped over the candlestick! oh wait I was thinking about "the candle in the wind" line think its Elton Johns tribute to Marilyn..what about the old Ebenezer scrooge movie where they walk around in their night gowns with a candle in their hand.. or perhaps the little Swedish girl with the wreath on her head with candles in it.. Lucia fest I think that is.. then there is..
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh, Brat..you're killin' me here!... One teensy lil I'm a tad confused, and Brat turns into.....Kiffie!!! Auuugh... ..LOL..gotta love our wonderful sense of humor, eh??!!
    I'll give it lil more thinking...
    K
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-25-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    ...about the DQ swap..NOT our sense of humor...

Blog Entries
    sent you a pm, wow this month has flown by!! where did it go?
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    thanks so much qultingkrazy for what you said. I really appreciate that. Now need to go find candle fabric! I am going to have fun and not be stressed out.....
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    Brat, you amaze me with your wit! thanks for that! Kiffie, come on and join up! you know you want to!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Quiltingkrazy, I can't believe you're not perfect, hahahaha.

Sign me up, I really like the theme.

SRae so creative, ideas keep flickering through my mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Brat, you amaze me with your wit! thanks for that! Kiffie, come on and join up! you know you want to!
    I absolutely DO want to sign up...I also want to make sure I am welcome in the future for swaps..and am not "shown the door" due to not finishing things .
    If I don't make it this time, I will have to "skulk" about and see about next time...
    Regards all,
    Kif

DO sign up kiffie, it's a fantastic swap !! Who knows, you might get me as your partner
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    DO sign up kiffie, it's a fantastic swap !! Who knows, you might get me as your partner
    Now Lynnie, that would be awesome! Except I would just have to mail this quilt separate from your table runner/fabrics/thread pkg I am readying..otherwise you would never get any of it!!
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Kiffie, if you make a Christmas candle say and your partner is not a Christmas celebrating person can you see how this might not work? so if you wait, ask your partner do you celebrate.. first before you use a specific holiday related candel then you are safe right? but if your making a rainbow background to a colorful candle then you wouldn't need to ask right.
    Perfect explanation, thank you Brat! This is a sneak peek at what I am working on, if my partner does Christmas I will use the holly and berries. If she prefers something else I will substitute something else in it's place. Name:  MVC-745S.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  24.5 KBName:  MVC-746S.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  28.5 KB
    Jan

ok I am stalling going over and hitting my ufo box so maybe if you would just sign up I would be 'forced' to make a dq this month.. still waiting for the sign up's here so it just well has to happen.. how many are signed up now I wonder? and Kiffie get going all that time you spend sitting on a fence could be making candles out of fabric and tunnels and wings and all sorts of things and noooooo your just sitting there saying oh woe is me.. no time.. get sewing sugarpie and you too will find your finished in not time at all. BUT you have to sign up. maybe you will get me as a partner and then oh oh oh what would you find as your dq? not traditional might be the first clue. or maybe totally traditional..

cheesehead those are my favorite type of candle holders.. so so cute. grand idea with the interchangeable parts on the bottom!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Cheesehead I love it!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    So far we have about half as many signed up as compared to last month... SO SIGN UP Y'ALL!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Okay, okay.. I am in. I told myself I was going to get caught up on stuff...but who am I kidding?? I will never be caught up.. Now Brat, I gotta tell you, it's not a "normal" woe is me, I don't have time, yadda, yadda this time.. I have a new grand baby on the way!!! A lil boy, due end of December.. and I have a sweet daughter-in-law who keeps sending me pics of things that "our darling baby-to-be" just needs so much..things his Grammy needs to make him. And my lil granddaughter, only grandchild I have as of now, is also telling Grammy what she just loves and "will you make me one, Grammy??" And, Grammy "my lil baby brother will need one, too..". Lol.. Just can't turn down those eyes.. and those happy hugs I get in return is a big payout! My mom always told me "Just wait til you're a grandma, you'll see..." boy was she right!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast