Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #50 !  October 2013  Sign up here! >

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the compliments! What KwiltKrazy sweetly neglected to say is there is hand quilting around the 4 "curlicues" in the corners. I tried doing fmq around them and it looked terrible with a capital T!! So I took it out and did hand quilting around them. I keep hoping I will get better with my fmq, and that making these smaller items like doll quilts and table runners will help. But I seem to keep reverting back to my old stand by hand quilting...
Kif
Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 PM

Kiffie, love your lamplight quilt and that pretty batik border fabric,
Old 11-16-2013, 12:18 AM

Thanks, Lyn! I quilted it with gold metallic thread, doesn't show up much in pic, tho..didn't show up very well in pics I took of it either. Hope you are doing well..and that Spring has decided to visit you again! Though I do still envy you that snow. More boring blowing wind and dry, dry, dry here.. Makes me think of that old "Little Rascals" episode where the kids were trying to sell lemonade..no one was buying, so they offered "free" saltine crackers hoping it would make people thirsty and they would buy the lemonade..all the while Alfalfa was eating a saltine, and with voice a'cracking was singing the song "How Dry I Am". Funny what comes to mind at 2 am..
Take care,
Kif
Old 11-16-2013, 12:59 PM

Lynnie25,your package arrived the 14th but I didn't see the notice from the post office until today. That's what happens when you go to work and come home when it is dark. I will pick it up on Monday!!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:48 PM

Oh emc, you gave me a laugh! I must say while I am not a fan of hot summer weather, I really dislike daylight savings time and it getting dark at 5:45 pm...very depressing!
K
Old 11-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Most days its dark at 5 as it is already overcast. I get the mail on the way in to the house and don't go back out till the next day. Isn't winter fun!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Funny what comes to mind at 2 am.. Kif
Are you sure you weren't having a 2am snack of saltine crackers and lemonade LOL

Spring has definitely sprung the last couple of days so maybe it will continue. Don't send the wind our way though, would love one summer without that blessed wind blowing
Old 11-16-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by emc1118 View Post
Lynnie25,your package arrived the 14th but I didn't see the notice from the post office until today. That's what happens when you go to work and come home when it is dark. I will pick it up on Monday!!
Will make picking up the mail more fun on Monday So glad it has arrived safely.

Kif, I love daylight savings. We have it 6 months of the year but I would love it a couple of months more. Love going for an evening stroll after dinner when it is a little cooler.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Lynnie is snow normal for you in winter? I know your heading into spring but I hadn't realized you had snow. I visit in October many years ago NZ and Australia and well.. it was time for the rhododendrons to bloom and all the azaleas were gorgeous.. how funny.. never thought of snow. You must be up higher in elevation?

I love those doll quilts and that is tough going around the curle q's kiff, lots of slow stitching and lifting the pressure foot to readjust the placement of your quilt. I think you my dear are just incredibly hard on yourself. Love the ornaments and glitter? did you say GLITTER? I love glitter and don't mind wearing some at all! I have the whole set of marth stewart glitter in a ton of colors. One year I glittered over 20 pine cones big ones and laid them all over the house.. came out super cute. We didn't have a tree so I hung a garland up with my ornaments on the wall and those sparkly pine cones.. boy was I sparkling too.. and here is one.. I stupidly used key word Stupidly .. florist spray glue. works great.. but it never stops being tacky to the touch. So you touch one of those pine cones.. your had.. glitter queen. Never use that for glitter projects you might want to enjoy for a long time. yikes!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6409319]Lynnie is snow normal for you in winter? I know your heading into spring but I hadn't realized you had snow. I visit in October many years ago NZ and Australia and well.. it was time for the rhododendrons to bloom and all the azaleas were gorgeous.. how funny.. never thought of snow. You must be up higher in elevation? QUOTE]

Brat, those snow pics are at our fishing shack which is in the central highlands of Tasmania (middle of map of Tassie), a 2-1/2 hr drive up a mountain from my home. We can have 4 seasons in one day there anytime of the year and have even had a few 'white' Christmas Days where it has snowed.

I actually live on the north west coast, 5 minutes from the ocean and I can remember it snowing once here many, many years ago. For the most part, our weather here is mild all year round. And you are right, the azaleas are so pretty now, well mine are anyway.