Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Blog Entries
    sorry, they get full so fast

Thanks for counting me in quiltingkrazy. I am looking forward to see who I will create for... Hugs

tough being so POPULAR kwiltkrazy sheesh!mine is not so buy I don't hold on to that many delete as I go or put in a special folder which when that is done (ie my swaps) its deleted too so there is room for another list of swappers your one popular lady!

I am thinking a horse with a halo and glitter? angle wings and cats? turkeys and don't eat me signs.. um.. well these is always a Christmas tree with all the sparkle.. um.. a wreath with... a cow with a .. rainbow colored .. um.. presents lots and lots of presents! or perhaps you want.. snowmen as well you love snowmen and turtles.. um.. you decide and I shall master my fear of creating goofy oddities. (this should take a minute at least). I can do very traditional too a star design.. or a santa something or a .. well come on already I am anxious to get going. this is going to be super fun!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Brat your creativity astounds us all ! Or at least your wit! Speaking of creativity. I have a like EQ7 I'm going to sell if anyone is interested pm me. I just don't use it since my computer died
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

I'm in.....thinking of something kind of Folk Artsy this time. We'll see what my partner thinks.
    Sent you a PM.

linny YIPPEEE and another one comes and another one comes and another one... hey is this like the ants come marching in hurrah hurrah the ants come.. no? its better? OH GOOD!

I think the clock is ticking and well I am so ready to make something. its snowy outside but think that more snow has passed and maybe the trick or treaters will be getting ready for some fun this week. Windy on Halloween but that never has stopped a kid yet I think. I just heard from dabbler. OMG she has over 200 bags of candy ready to hand out. I haven't had that in about 5 yrs and kinda think I will miss that. The children if there are any near me will surely go into town where the homes are all so close together. Do you still get lots of treaters???
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Oh, my!!! Upside down? Must have been the gremlins. I would NEVER do that! I sure hope it did not cause all the devestation you guys have had there for the last few weeks!! How close are you to the fire? Went back and looked. How on earth did I not see that? Old age is kicking my A##s##s
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to get my partner's name.
    waiting....waiting....
    In my quilt lab!

waiting waiting waiting I wonder what are you hoping to make this month ladies? I am thinking Christmas of some sort or cows.. why cows don't know but after seeing a couple patchwork cows they are appealing to me a bit. ok I canmake a cow for me it would fit in perfectly with all my cows and cowboy artwork.. I can make a candy cane wall hanging.. or candy wall hanging I found a perfect pattern .. reds/whites/greens. you are going to love it! lol.. if you want Christmas that is..
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Oh, my!!! Upside down? Must have been the gremlins. I would NEVER do that! I sure hope it did not cause all the devestation you guys have had there for the last few weeks!! How close are you to the fire? Went back and looked. How on earth did I not see that? Old age is kicking my A##s##s
    Can totally agree, old age can make you do the weirdest things. The devastating fires were on the mainland (in the beautiful Blue Mountains area of New South Wales) so nowhere near me thank goodness. It is going to be a long hot and scary summer season for us if we have had such fierce fires in October when our worst time is Jan/Feb/Mar.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Oh no Lynnie25, I went up there several years ago and it is such a beautiful place. Won't be back to australia for a while. My Daughter and Husband have bought their own Dental Practice and so no money for me to visit. In a few years I will be back. I haven't been doing the DQ for a while as I was very busy working on quilts that I have piled up to do. Yikes can't imagine how that happened? It's like they just kept growing. Hope to join back up in January.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

well ladies our family is back from our vacation, and working on recuperating. i was at hancocks of paducah last evening, and i can tell you it was very strange to be walking through the catalog. literally all of those beautiful fabrics are there sitting on shelves organized similar to how they are in the catalog and all of their shop ladies are pushing carts through this massive store gathering up bolts to cut for mail orders. I loved it but it was very surreal. we also went to the national quilt museum it was a beauty. now i am home, motivated to get my DQs for nov. and december done...

Ready to get started..got some wool and a few new cottons. It seems this one will be Christmas or not Christmas because of the delivery time and depending on what our partners would prefer. I love the holidays and something new to lay on the table would be nice. Brat, you mentioned cows...cows are good...and rabbits and sheep and feather looking trees and snowmen and stars.....oh now I really want to get started. We will know right after midnight I'm sure............HA!

ok quiltingkrazy I think I would like two partners please. my ideas are going all over the place and I need to experiment with these ideas.. TWO did you guys hear me Please!!! I have too many ideas for just one. I think I can make sheep with a feather looking tree.. just have to figure out what a feather looking tree is so linny post a pic for me of that please...

OH YES HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Happy Halloween!!! Raining cats and dogs here. Warm, though. Took a beautiful walk on the beach last night, my beach walking days are becoming scarcer and scarcer. Time to start working on those stones I been picking up all summer. I hope to make things out of them. HEHEHEHE! I am really looking forward to this swap, especially after skipping last month. That was hard. Now, 2 months in one? Yikes! I need 2 partners too. Have been thinking that all along, but finally decided to "go for it". Brat, it is your fault. Yes, I want 2 this time. At least one needs to make me a christmasy DQ. There, I said it. 2 please.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

If you google feather trees you will see all kinds..historically the branches were sparse but today they sell some that have very dense branches. I like the sparsely branched ones and you can have more ornaments....mine is small with miniature ornaments. Okay, waiting for the list.............

I am backkkkk, no one probably realized I was gone since August. But I am glad to be back on the board, I PM Lisa to say I would love to be in this swap. Just in case someone was thinking, why was she gone for so long. I was in the hospital 3 times in 7-8 weeks for acute kidney failure. My kidney functioning was down to 15%, but I am better and just ready to do my favorite swap and to read what you extremely great ladies like write & post pics of all the lovely quilts.
    Last edited by eagleoneowl2u2; 10-31-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    (¯`v´¯)
    `·.¸.·´
    ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸ ❤ Christina M. Canfield-Russell
    "Live Alltag, als ob es Ihr letzter wäre!"
    "Live every day as if it were your last!"
    Yes I have hot pink hair, yes I listen to heavy metal music, and YES i'm a quilter!!

Welcome back Christina! I DID notice you were missing and was thinking you might have had another health issue...Glad you are better!

Blog Entries
    What's with this month and y'all wanting to do TWO dq each??? HEY if you want two partners I can make that happen! and by the way....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lisa B in NC

Welcome back Christina.....happy to hear you're doing better.

Blog Entries
    Halloween Witch 2 by *Emoon18 on deviantART">
    Yea, that's me.
    Onalee Rose

Blog Entries
    Buslady,
    Thanks for the pic with all the quilts! I had never made a dq until the 50th one. Was a lot of fun. I just don't think I can sign up this time. I was a craz-ier person last month with all the swaps I signed up for along with life happening. And yep, I know we all have lives..I just admire all of you who manage to live yours and do so much on here! Especially my fellow quilters with serious health issues like myself. I wish I could figure out how to have the strength to "do it all"! Or at least do it and not go "down for thge count"!!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Went back to read the sign up info and realized we won't get partners until Nov 5th...was all pumped to get going on Thur and Fri as hubby is gone for work...gives me more time to think about what to do I guess.

Blog Entries
    So Ladies, here is who I have so far.... let me know if I left your name off in error! I promise it wouldn't be on purpose! the "x 2" beside a name means that person wants TWO Partners!
    chasezzz buslady
    ms grace
    quilty lousie
    elisabrat x 2
    jaba
    psychomomquilter
    paperpieceme x 2
    lynnie25
    quiltymom
    klgls
    rose bagwell
    tlambing
    likethedog
    letsquilt
    cuppy
    bilben
    juanitabean
    cheesehead
    dabbler 312
    sapphire rae
    tesspug
    justducky65
    omacookie
    kwiltkrazy
    linny
    eagleoneowl2u2 x 2
    tam…moo
    sienna's gigi
    Lisa B in NC

waiting waiting waiting.. patiently of course.. yup patient me... waiting waiting.. tap tap tap on the glass are you opening soon???? waiting...

ok I know how hard it is to get them all sorted and sent out. I will cross my fingers you have a lovely time doing this.. the group is much bigger than last month it seems. YAHOOO!!!!
    Linda

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast