Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM

YUP!!! to both I do know they talk and talk and talk and whisper and SCREAM!! and sometimes are very fresh..... I'm glad your back and next time I will surely give you a great big shout!!!! Nighty nite girlfriend!!:)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Good to have you back Cindy!

Whenever you want to send Andrea's center I am ready for it :)
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12

It will be awhile yet (I'm not late, am I??) :? I have to put the binding on two graduation quilts & make the 3rd! Nothing like waiting until the last minute :!: :thumbdown: :?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by montanablu
Originally Posted by quiltingbee12

It will be awhile yet (I'm not late, am I??) :? I have to put the binding on two graduation quilts & make the 3rd! Nothing like waiting until the last minute :!: :thumbdown: :?
Emily,

I had the quilt all ready to go to the PO today, & when the heavens opened & rained buckets, I chickened out & drove back home :-( And if you want to think I'm so sweet that the rain would melt me....OK! :thumbup: works for me :!:

So it will probably go out on Mon - I'll post for sure when it does.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 AM

Emily,

Andrea's center went out to you yesterday. Our Meijer has a postal station, so while there I dropped it off. He said it wouldn't be actually picked up by PO until today, but at least it's on the first leg of it's journey!

~Cindy
Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Great! I'll let you know when it gets here. I'm thinking something spiky like Mariners compass. Pineapple would look good too though..
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM

Cindy B - I've got your center now from Andrea and am pondering what to do for the final round...you don't have any bright red or glow in the dark fabrics so far...what do you think of that?
Just kidding; it is gorgeous as is so this is going to challenge me big time.
Thank you everyone for the beautiful rounds you put on my center - I have it home now and will be deciding how to finish it but not before I get Cindy's completed and on the way home. This has been such fun I kind of sad for it to be over.
Joyce
Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM

I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM

:-( Here's my latest dilemma that I could use some advice on. I'm hoping all of your suggestions will help me decide which route to take. Here's the problem:
Nearly a year ago I made a quilt for DH coworker, I really loved a few of the fabrics I used & thought they would be perfect for a very dear friend who is graduating next weekend. A long time ago I loaned the pattern I had intended to use to another friend who has been out of state w/new grandbaby for 2 months & isn't coming back anytime soon. So I chose another pattern & got half way thro it when I began to worry I wouldn't have enough background. :? Yep! You guessed it! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I am short 1/4 yd!

I drove an hour to the shop where I bought it, of course it was gone. I've been online for the past 2+hrs looking & no dice!

While at the shop today, I bought another fabric that is VERY close to what I need. My intent was to use the original on the outside of the quilt, & the newer piece on the inside. (Imagine that a small quilt is then framed with more quilt) :roll: :roll: Duh! Just like our RR! (Sorry, this just came to me :oops: All this searching has my brain fried to a crisp! :oops: )
So that is one option. A second option is to continue the search online & pray I get it here asap. A third (my personal least favorite) would be to start over with something else entirely. [In case you're thinking I could just make the quilt smaller, it is the Chinese Puzzle, so it would be quite a bit smaller, & since I'm making 3 quilts for 3 friends & she's the closest one to me, I hate to make hers the smallest. They will all see each others' quilts.]

So,...any thoughts ladies?? I could really use some impartial opinions ---- seeing as how I can't even decide if I want ice cream or hot chocolate at the moment! :roll: :lol:
I'm going to put the binding on one of the other 2 quilts tonight. That way I'm not continuing for no reason, or continuing with the wrong fabric, or...huh??

THANK YOU! for your suggestions - in advance :wink: I'm counting on you all!
Now on to binding----
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM

Post a pic of the fabric in question. Maybe someone elsw has some they no longer need.