Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FEB. F4 SWAP!  St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd >

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

Old 02-11-2014, 10:46 PM

Your welcome. I hope you like them
Old 02-12-2014, 06:55 AM

Default Layout for Greens Slice 'n Dice Blocks

Here is a picture of my first 6 blocks laid out on the floor. Notice that these are not Square. Beginning with 4 Greens (One DARK, 2 medium print, one LIGHT), all cut at 7 inches (height) x 6 inches (width). I stacked my 4 fabrics, then sliced vertically, then sliced horizontally. The result is the biggest piece is 4 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches. I was surprised at how difficult it is to stitch the pieces in the right order. (keep your seam ripper handy).

I've cut these sample blocks from stash, and am only beginning to incorporate my new Green Beauty FQs in, as I experiment to see how much the color pallette will expand. I want to work in more cream, and some blue, and go all the way to black on the dark side. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Rabbit here is keeping an eye on the clovers.
Attached Thumbnails pict1178.jpg  
Old 02-12-2014, 01:40 PM

Got my second set from lauriejo!!! They are amazing. Will post picture tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:03 AM

has anyone NOT sent? if so please let me know and why.. a few more sets to be received ..
Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM

Both of mine went out today,sorry they are late.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 AM

letsquilt thanks for letting me know. your partners will be thrilled to receive them .. better late than never!

I am running the swaps now so they have sign ups by the 1st of the month names out by the 3rd the latest. five days to mail .. this way hopefully everyone has there fabrics by mid month.. and we can start sign ups for the following month I love having the TIME to use my seasonal fabrics and well I am not the fastest quilter in the west so a month to put say valentines into a valentine gift is sure handy. I hope this time frame works for all of you also. If not.. well.. oops is all I can say. grin.. I am thinking getting ahead of the game never hurts so I am sticking with my game plan. Next month will be a colorful month I think and boy am I excited to get that posted. soon.. last few fabrics have to come in. I will send a shout out to those who have not received to make sure they haven't gotten their packages and accidentally forgot to post .. so I can get this show on the road!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you SheriR!!
They are lovely!! Love greens!!
I am doing my best to stay warm but NY state is not really the place for that right now!
Thanks again.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:58 PM

Was going to post pix of mine from WMUTeach but batteries are dead on camera. Sorry maybe later-thanks again!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:48 AM

HI! Grand news! We have all but four swap received!!! and those the senders let me know they were late so not a single flop this month! I am extremely happy and think all in all you should be too (you got your fabrics!). I will be posting tomorrow the new swap for March so you will have oodles of time to sign up, and then saunter over to see what you have and what you might need.. (oh no a trip to the dreaded fabric store!! yikes!!!). I think it will be a fun, colorful and happy swap for all. (AND NO ITS NOT A WINTER WONDERLAND SNOWBALL SWAP)

if you have received and would like to post your pictures its never to late. everyone enjoys it so much and its like fabric shopping without spending a dime.. I want this one, and that one.. and sometimes you see something you haven't seen before and therefore can ask the sender who made that fabric .. and maybe add more to your own collection in the process
Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 AM

wondering if any of those last four arrived yet? seems to me that at least one set should have gotten there by now if mailed on Monday of last week as stated by one sender...