Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FEB. F4 SWAP!  St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd >

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 AM

Okay, I've decided: I'm in. I'll PM Elisabrat. I have been collecting Saint Paddy Greens for awhile now, so you will see some slightly vintage prints; I want to add one that is decidedly yellow, would anyone object? I welcome comments from the group. Whoever gets it will be thrilled, I am sure. I'm thinking to join for 2 swaps.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:49 AM

Default Photo attachment: "Patch o' Green" a little quilt

I'm submitting a photo, one of my little quilts from 2006. There is also a nice Greens quilt named "Irish Mist" that you can find on QB by searching for the name. I hope to see some other photos here, of either your green quilts, or your green fabrics. I'm really looking forward to this swap, ladies.
Attached Thumbnails patch-o-green-cropped-w-basket-shamrock-very-best-2-.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM

Oooh, Aaaah, I love that Patch of Green. Very pretty.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:30 PM

Default A feast for ye eyes: greens alive on my Split Leaf Philodendron

I'm posting the photo I just now snapped: my Split Leaf Philodendron--jungle size. Why? Because my houseplants, and garden flowers and wild growing things are my constant source of *IN*Spire*ation***. They teach me the colors of God's world; the nuances of shapes and forms, and the everchanging flow of Nature's Way. I am not to be without these, my quilting and crafts are all the better for their sweet nondemanding Presence in my life.
Attached Thumbnails pict1137.jpg  

Last edited by yonnikka; 01-29-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
Okay, I've decided: I'm in. I'll PM Elisabrat. I have been collecting Saint Paddy Greens for awhile now, so you will see some slightly vintage prints; I want to add one that is decidedly yellow, would anyone object? I welcome comments from the group. Whoever gets it will be thrilled, I am sure. I'm thinking to join for 2 swaps.
Rules say it needs to be decidedly green. When I have a fabric that I really want to include I just send 6 FQ's instead of 5. I usually always send 6 anyway, just as a little treat, like some people add a candy bar or a notepad.....I add a FQ
Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 PM

Yonnika it appears your an artist at heart I bet you come up with some crazy things! I used to go into the yard and sit quietly in a chair and challenge myself to find as many .. greens as I could or browns and I would get so relaxed but amazed at how many shades there were. The garden was a hundred different colors.. and it inspires me still finding the colors in nature. I say quilting is painting with fabric.

I am wondering as we are getting sign ups if your NOT going to sign up could you let me know why? I am starting fresh here so I am open to suggestions on how to make this a better swap. I understand sometimes life happens and you get sick or there are other troubles and sending can be delayed. The key to not upsetting the recipient is letting me know so I can let them know. We can also in future swaps go to partners.. you know who is supposed to send to you and vice versa. I personally think this keeps failure to send to an absolute minimum. no secrets .. but if you prefer me to continue as secret partners then I need to hear this too.. suggestion central! send a PM with any ideas on this to me asap! I want people to come back to this swap. Tell your pals. It will be run like a tight ship lol or ok a taunt quilt!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 AM

helpful hint : Swappers want fabric that is a FULL fat quarter. Some in the past have not been quite large enough. Measure twice. Nobody minds a lrger piece but too small is not good!

hint #2 : Send quilt quality fabric. Send what you would truly love to receive. This will make everyone happy. Homespuns are to be used as bonus fabric only. I know a couple of you like them but they are best left to private swaps

lots of sign ups!!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM

Well it took me long enough to decide. I want to join in on this. I will send my PM in just a minute.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM

one swapper would love homespuns.. so if anyone wants to do a swap with these let me know.. I cant take a lot of special requests mind you but since I just posted don't send them.. now I have someone who loves them! go figure!

we are up to twenty swappers with almost 40 swaps between everyone! yahoooo! I hope and pray that you take a picture of what you send. This way if your secret pal doesn't have a camera we still get to see them. Make sure you let them know if you cant take one also.. so they will try to post the pictures. Everyone sees something that they would love to have so if you know the manufacturer why not put a note next to the fat quarter saying this one is.. so they can order some of it if its still available. I always pine for a couple I see each and every month.. I get a mental I need that one and this one list going.. its fun and sometimes seeing a fabric you might have over looked before next to another that makes it stand out.. well its eye opening. And Jaba we look forward to your calendar blocks each month. I think your going to end up with an amazing quilt!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM

Default I'm in for 2 Sets Photo of Shamrocks and Clovers slightly vintage

Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
I'm in. Thanks Elisabrat for your encouragement.
Attached Thumbnails pict1141.jpg