Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FEB. F4 SWAP!  St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd >

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

FEB. F4 SWAP! St. Patrick's Day and Green fat quarters! Closes Feb 2nd

Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 AM

Just got back from the P.O., my swaps are in the mail and on their way... with tracking numbers. Just wondering, ladies, have you decided on a pattern yet? I'm thinking a Granny Squares on point, or cut bigger squares, then do a Slice and Dice, inserting a black sashing, or maybe the Spinner? (not sure of right name). Eager to see some more photos... that fabric with frogs?, give us a look-see! Mine eyes are hungry for green, but guess what? Under the snowbank, the lambs' ears are still green.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Got my fat quarters today and will be mailing them tomorrow, one is going just a little west of me, and the other one is going far north west where it is cold!!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pattia View Post
I am wondering as we are getting sign ups if your NOT going to sign up could you let me know why?

Just more info as requested Linda, I am not able to participate in this one for several reasons, none your fault for picking colours.
-time and money- class has started up again and mailing from Canada is $$
-not enough greens in my stash, and no time for a trip to the quilt store where we do pay a lot more for FQ's as well.
-don't want to offend anyone with this comment, but I don't want to run the risk of St. Paddy's day fabric back. I won't use it at all, sorry, just not my thing.

I have no one else to swap with, so I would end up with something hanging out in my stash I won't use.
Hey, that gives me an idea, one month, can we have a freeform exchange? Say when we get our partners, we say I like brights/ homespun/ modern/vintage/30's and exchange with pieces not using in our stash?
sort of surprise package?

just a thought. rambling on today as I have not had my tea yet. lol
Patti

I think we did a free form once it was what we chose, it was fun...I could not find any St Patrick's Fabric so my girls got gorgeous *green* so that's all you have had to have said...no St. Patrick's...we listen if we know...hope you come back next month
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Love2read;6553073]I have frog fabric!!! I almost sent it but didn't know if my partner would like it or roll her eyes at me!

Frog fabric!!! Me, me, me!! Maybe it's for me!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Yosamitesa you come up with the funniest of facts I think our city is a bit smaller than 58,000 by about 48,500 so I guess its not me. ha ha I know its not me for some silly reason.. oh yeah I gave out the names!

I love lambs ears! that soft sage green. My kids used to go out and pluck away those little leaves to ..PET THEM. Thankfully its a hardy plant that propogates rather well. Within one year my whole hill was covered with them a perfect foil for my azaleas. Boy do I miss flowering plants.

Its a -20 today again with a high of -6. I have to go to the clinic today. Our doc only comes down from Montana once a month and you have to go on the day they come in. Ugh. I would rather stay inside and sew all day and not venture out. I did it yesterday at 6:30 am and have to do it tomorrow. I vote they come down and see us on OUR clinic days sigh.. that would require thinking I suppose. Now everyone has to go out in this. I feel so bad for the horses I see outside. Wow where is their shelter? ok I ramble nothing new however.

I will twiddle my thumbs waiting for those fat quarters to arrive. I bet there will be some really fun and surprising fabrics. Here and there a surprise! I can do that!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:16 PM

Default February FQ swap

Mailed my FQ's Tuesday. Hope you like them. Ellie (aka sewellie)

Would like to see an "ugly" swap sometime.

Last edited by sewellie; 02-05-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: more added
Old 02-06-2014, 05:20 AM

Tell you what Sewellie. How about everyone post a pic of the ugliest yard of fabric they have. If anyone is interested in it and actually likes it well you could do a swap for that fabric! equal yardage for equal yardage. And you also could post pics here for us to see of what you did with the fabric once you got it. There was some swap like this a year ago trading uglies and what did you do with it that was the deal had to make something with that ugly fabric. I would be really scared end up with monster truck fabric or something like wrestling men. yikes.

Cant wait to see pics of the pretties being sent this month. They should start rolling in shortly. Mailing mine today since I have to be out in this weather. ugh not so excited its currently -22. and not warming up rapidly at all
Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 AM

I recieved my first set of FQ's yesterday from Jaba,she did a great job,love them will post pictures later today.Thank you Jaba.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 AM

Mailed mine off this morning. Both are going to small towns. Look for the green!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Mailed my package today and it is suppose to arrive on Monday. She is having a very cold, snowy winter also.