Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • February 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

• February 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
    I received my WONDERFUL DQ from iluv2quilt!!!
    There is SO much tiny detail applique!
    Thank you SEW much for sending me this beautiful work of art!!
    I love it!
    Beautiful detail. I bet it is even prettier in person. :-D
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
    I got my beautiful little quilt today from midwestqltr,and she also sent pins and a really nice pattern. Thank You so much LaDonne,I truly love it!!! I cant believe its your very first doll quilt ever!! I feel so honored to get the first one!!!
    Great work, Midwestqltr, looks like you are off to a great start. :-D
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Ora Lee & CloverPatch: just returned from putting your doll quilts at the post office. They should be scooting across the country by now. Hope you like them. I sure had fun making each of them. So many have expressed having trouble parting with the doll quilts they made this month. I agree... had that twinge myself as I was packing them up this afternoon. It is fun to give though. Enjoy! :-D
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM

boop56 ...Thanks so much for the congrats on my new great grandson Brogan.... I took pics of the quilt but my camera is at my daughters house getting all those pics of the new addition.
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
    I received my gem today from tslowery amd absolulty love it. I cannot thank her enough. My mom wishes she had a whole bed quilt like it. Thanks again and Congrats on that new great-grandson!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-142058.jpe   attachment-142059.jpe   attachment-142060.jpe   attachment-143998.jpe  
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 PM

My goodness! every time I look in at the doll quilts, I am amazed at each! I just love them all. :)
    Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by tslowery
    boop56 ...Thanks so much for the congrats on my new great grandson Brogan.... I took pics of the quilt but my camera is at my daughters house getting all those pics of the new addition.
    I had the pics to upload but compuier woukdn't co-operate. Again, thank-you so much.
    Old 03-04-2011, 05:18 AM

You are so welcome...thanks to all of you for doll swapping and chele for doing this I feel as if it has given me the chance to improve my skills with each one. I know I would not have had that chance if it were up to me to get down there and do quilt tops. The swap gives me a chance to finish a whole small quilt plus I have a dead line which helps me because I have so much going on in my family sometimes I just want to sit and give up and feel sorry for myself...then I realize I have given my word to someone to finish a piece for them and Chele. I also get the time to work and my mind can slow and I realize how much I have to thank GOD for and that thru him I can survive what is to come of the situation with my mom...Thanks again everyone and Blessings to each of you. T
    Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM

You are so welcome...thanks to all of you for doll swapping and chele for doing this I feel as if it has given me the chance to improve my skills with each one. I know I would not have had that chance if it were up to me to get down there and do quilt tops. The swap gives me a chance to finish a whole small quilt plus I have a dead line which helps me because I have so much going on in my family sometimes I just want to sit and give up and feel sorry for myself...then I realize I have given my word to someone to finish a piece for them and Chele. I also get the time to work and my mind can slow and I realize how much I have to thank GOD for and that thru him I can survive what is to come of the situation with my mom...Thanks again everyone and Blessings to each of you. T
    Praise God that He uses even small things to bless us. May you continue to be encouraged and have a rest from all that is going on in your life. :-D
    Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 AM

I feel just like you. I commit so then I have to do it and I enjoy it and I actually wouldn't take the time in the day, week, whatever to do something just for myself to make me happy. Isn't iit hard to slow the brain down? LOL