Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 01-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Mary, how's your weather??? it's going to be a heatwave this weekend 30-36
Get out your shorts and bathing suit everyone. I too like to get mine out quickly
incase of fowl weather, or if it gets lost...this way I can send out another. can't
wait to see the new pincushion and needlecases coming in this time. I hope
we see some valentiney items too.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Just poped in to the last swap and saw those pot holders made from the hotties. A friend gave me the girly ones, and I figured, what am I going to do with this. I made my cousins son (29) a pot holder. his mom thought it was cute and a bit lewd. they said they had to cover it up? so what did I make for her. you got it. a hottie hotpad!!

My pc is done for this month. I only made one this month. I need to find a place to put my new ones.
I can never find long pins anyplace. I got mine at michaels in the corsage area. I'm running out and can't find long ones anywhere. does anyone here have a good source? otherwise i'll go visit my friends, bing and google.
If you want the 5" hatpins they have them at Pat Catan's and I just got some today at JoAnn's. They are cheaper at Pat Catan's but that store might not be in your area. The ones at JoAnn's are $1.99 for 3 and today they are 20% off. I had to get the 2 1/2" corsage pins on Ebay and I also got the 2" ones there. Hobby Lobby has 144 for $4.99 but they don't say how long they are. I had gotten the longer hatpins from Fire Mountain Gems years ago.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM

I got mine at Joann's. There are 100 - 3 inch pins in a package. They are called Floral Pins.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

It's warmed up the last day and should be warmer for next few days in the 30's and 40I went to town today to get supplies in c for the high and 20's for the low. That's more like winter weather here. We have rain coming in tomorrow and may turn to icy rain or snow,depending on how cold it is. I went today to town (15 miles away) to get supplies in case it turns nasty and I can't get out. We've had frozen pipes 4 times this winter already. Usually happens once or twice a year. Mostly cause we forget to turn on the heater in the well house instead of leaving just a heat lamp on.This year just was too cold. We were lucky though. We had no broken pipes so far when they thawed out. We heat the house with wood and it's getting low already.Having 110 acres we have woods but so cold to be out cutting. I'll try to finish my pin cushion tomorrow and post a picture. Stay warm all.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I got mine at Joann's. There are 100 - 3 inch pins in a package. They are called Floral Pins.
Thanks for the info on the pins. I went to JoAnn's this morning and I did find them but the coupon I had ended yesterday. I'm from New England so I'm cheap so I'll go back and get them when I have a coupon. They had some in the Bridal section but not 3". Then I got home and in the mail was my JoAnn's coupons. It's supposed to be snowing, freezing rain and then rain tomorrow so I might not go out then.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

thanks for the heads up on the Joanns pins. going tomorrow
and have a bunch of coupons waiting to be spent.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
thanks for the heads up on the Joanns pins. going tomorrow
and have a bunch of coupons waiting to be spent.
The 3" pins are not in the bridal section. I think it is in the row before it where they had the green styrofoam forms. They have 100 pins in them and either a pearl or a facet bead on top. I wish you could take them off. Are you near any of the Super Bowl happenings?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

I'm about 60 miles from NYC out in suffollk county. to the superbowl about 1-2 hrs no traffic.with traffic a bit more. The Meadowlands, where it's being held is right over the George Washington Bridge. about 5-10 minutes into NJ. My dh is going to a party at the clubhouse where we live. I'm going out with friends to celebrate Chinese New year 2 days late.

You wouldn't catch me at that game. In muy younger yrs, I went there twice. I was numb with cold for hours after. evenif you're in the sun, it's too cold. wore a full length beaver ct and froze. I have dh recording it for the commercials
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Oh, and I want to get the crystal topped pins if I can, thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 PM

I have the crystal pins and added beads to them. I thought they turned out nice. I sent a couple of them to my pc swaps.