Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-15-2015, 10:51 AM

I hate to say that I got plants to put out in my flower garden for Valentine's Day, with so many having such horrible weather back east.

My sweetie also got me two pairs of Gingher scissors that I have been wanting. The large pair and the smaller stork. They were out of the medium sized ones that I want....so he gave me an IOU! lol I am blessed!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Patchesnposies I got a pretty flowering potted plant from my son and daughter in law. With the cold weather it was nice to see the flowering plant. We are expecting snow I think starting Monday through Tuesday of about 8". We haven't had any real snow yet. Cold? Yes!
Old 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM

CT Happy Birthday to you. Mine is this week too. Your dog blends in with the snow. I am so sick of snow. I just saw that Kentucky and Tenn are going to have snow too and St. Louis. I think I'm getting more snow on Tuesday. But at least I can say I'm not in Boston.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Louise, at least you have a Jeep. I want one, but we can't afford one. the one I want is the Rubicon. beautiful car and atv, but pricy. I want a red metallic one, with those big storm lights atop. beautiful car!!! YES.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

Lynnie,

I hate the Jeep! It sits so high (has a 12" lift") the BOTTOM edge
of the running board is above my knees.

Now take into account I am only 5'2", I have to use a step stool
(yes hubs found a folding stool for me to use), just to have hopes
of getting up into the blasted vehicle. It is a rough riding almost
feel as if you are on a constant off road adventure.

Oh did I mention is also has a snorkel on it? it can go into water
up to a certain depth (at least wheel deep).

Oh GOOD thing going for the Jeep is that it is yellow! (also what
can be known as "arrest me yellow").
Old 02-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Ctyankee, Your dog beautiful.Dewina, I'm not sure who made the owls. I thought it was quilty Louise maybe? It wasn't me and I don't think it was Sis either. Everyone stay safe and warm. Hugs Mary
Old 02-15-2015, 05:55 PM

Well I just had homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream, YUM!!! I have had it with snow!!!! When all this snow melts there will be floods. This winter is making it hard on the wildlife. The wardens are trying to feed the deer. It is blowing about 50 knots and I have lost the aluminum eves on the old part of the house, Northern side of course. There are 4 pcs that go up into the peak and will cost a thousand dollars to replace. This is the second time in about 15 yrs. The first time was under warranty. I am going to start selling ski tickets. I figure they can go upstairs, jump out the window and ski to the ground. I feel like I am encased in snow.

I can't imagine getting garden plants in Feb. Well my pkg to my partner didn't get sent out Sat, but will send Tues before the next snow storm on Wed.

I have wanted 4-6 chickens every spring and DH says, you can get the chickens but remember that you will have to go out in the winter and feed them and keep them shoveled out when it's -10 below zero and blowing 50 knots NE or NW.
If I had chickens now I would have to set up all night and keep them from getting buried alive in the snow. I guess I made the right decision.

Gotta go to watch Downton Abbey
Old 02-15-2015, 06:08 PM

Dwina, I didn't mean that I get to plant them already. It will be the end of March or the first of April before I can do that. I will put them into the greenhouse with the other plants I have to winter over.

That being said, our weather has been unseasonably warm, our grass is coming out of dormancy and there are buds on the trees. I hope we don't get a freeze as that means no fruit on the apple trees this year.

Still and all my heart goes out to all of my friends in the cold, cold, snowy East. Stay warm and safe!!!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Louise, I drove a bus for years and love being up high. I'm 5'-2" also. I had a sidekick and don't mind going into a high car. I like that you just swing your legs out and don't have to get up to get out. easier on my back. and ilove the angle of the windshield, I hate sloping ones , like my dh's Honda.

Dwina, the winds are terrible here. the windchimes are slamming into the house and the wind is wooping loudly. I wonder about the deer across the street at the cemetery. poor little ones. the squirrels are scooting around looking for food. will give them food tomorrow. gave them apples today. tomorrow, bread and potato chips.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 PM

Default Pin Cushion received

Wanted to share the wonderful pin cushion and goodies I received from Brigit-Carol aka Belfrybat. Here they are a wonderful calorie free cup cake and a darling skaters needle book sorry I already ate the chocolate a Hershey bar that's new at least we don't have them in the NW air puffed chocolate yummy. Then in that little box was this gorgeous thimble. Thank you so much and I just love my Feb. swap
Attached Thumbnails feb-swap-1.jpg   feb-swap-belfrybat.jpg