Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap Closes January 31st 4pm >

February Secret Pal Swap Closes January 31st 4pm

February Secret Pal Swap Closes January 31st 4pm

Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 PM

My parcel has along way to go. My only clue is it has got to fly over the Pacific to get there.!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Well I worked on getting together my pals package.I made a few things for her. won't mail till probably next week because of the storm. Not a lot of snow yet but icy rain coming tonight. Doesn't take much of that to make things dangerous. Stay safe and warm all. Mary
Old 02-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Sibi, I am so happy you get to go to your mother. Bless all of you and your sister for making it possible for you to go to her. All of you are in my prayers!!!

My mother barely speaks to anyone now but me and most of what she says makes no sense at all. The fun part is she remembers to do her make-up. They roll her in her bathroom and she does her make-up..Yes, the lipstick gets a bit to close to her nose but she still puts on her "war paint" and perfume. She has her hair done every Friday and her nails done every 2 weeks. She knows when it is time to do those things. She also knows if they try to dress her is something that isn't color coordinated. I made her a Valentine quilt and decorated her door with a wreath..she thinks she is making the quilt now for one of my sons. She is having her 96th birthday on the 23rd of this month and we will all be there with cake and ice cream. She will certainly eat it but she has no idea it will be her birthday. She has forgotten how to write her name, answer the telephone, call for assistance but she thinks she drives her (non existant) car all over the place and is just now back from Arizona and Texas. Some days I laugh and most days I cry. It is heart breaking. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

Yes, I do take care of myself. I didn't for a while but I bit the bullet and had all of the tests I have postponed. I was pretty nervous since I am a cancer survivor and I was way past due on my tests. I had a lot of excuses..my husband was very ill and then he died, my doctor died and then my mother came to live by me...now all tests are done and I am good. It was a pretty scary time after I finally decided I had to go. I promised everyone I will never do that again.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 PM

I have my name and I have the package almost ready to go. I am looking for just one more thing on my partner's list. I have been to several stores and have not been successful yet. I will go again tomorrow .. I like it, too, and I can see it in my mind. I just can't remember which store I was in!!! Old age is like that!

Partner, if I drive from my home to yours it is 836.04 miles. If I ever go there I think I will fly!!!! Oh and you like Teal though I suspect everyone else does, too!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 PM

My SP's least favorite candy is the same as mine, likes to cross stitch, has a furry friend and is looking for a specific fabric....who could this be?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM

Another clue - My SP doesn't have to worry about snow. She also likes pink.
My package to her will be in the mail on Friday. I am waiting for some things to be delivered tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 PM

Please remember to send me a message when you mail so I can keep things updated, thanks. Lori
Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM

My parcel has been lodged at the post office and it is heading too ????????????
Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 AM

Sharon, your mom seems to be happy in her own little world. I know it can be hard to see her like that but she isn't in pain. I think that's the most important thing. My mom is the same age as yours. She would have been 96 in July. She passed 3 years ago and was in terrible pain when she did. That was the hardest thing to watch. Enjoy the time you have with her. My prayers are with you.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Sharon, your mom seems to be happy in her own little world. I know it can be hard to see her like that but she isn't in pain. I think that's the most important thing. My mom is the same age as yours. She would have been 96 in July. She passed 3 years ago and was in terrible pain when she did. That was the hardest thing to watch. Enjoy the time you have with her. My prayers are with you.
Thanks Karen, I know it is true. today she has planned a wedding and even made the bride's dress. The bride is marrying 7 brothers. I never know what I will hear when I go there. She is in her own little world but she has a busier social calendar than anyone I know. LOL Still, I miss her. The mother I knew is simply no longer there but I am thankful she doesn't seem to be in pain.