Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter >

Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
:cry: I am still working on getting the flakes together ... have to wait and see how they go together :? LOL We all remember the last one - took three times to get them right :roll: LOL
Oh Sharon, yours turned out quite nicely.....don't tell me the flakes are starting to melt????
Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Are there 4 more quilters up for Pointsettia Dresden Plate? We only have 8.....it would really be nice to have 12 for this.
I bought fabric for a red poinsettia today so mark me down for one more. :)
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 PM

I was just at a quilt shop trying to find another fabric for my next poinsettia. I showed the lady helping me the pictures of the two I've already made. She said.......at first glance she didn't know they were Dresden Plates because the lightest color blended to much with the background. She said they looked like they were missing teeth...... I thought they were pretty so now I'm alittle sad. Do I need to rethink my colors? ? ? (Scroll up in the posts to see both.)
Old 10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR
I was just at a quilt shop trying to find another fabric for my next poinsettia. I showed the lady helping me the pictures of the two I've already made. She said.......at first glance she didn't know they were Dresden Plates because the lightest color blended to much with the background. She said they looked like they were missing teeth...... I thought they were pretty so now I'm alittle sad. Do I need to rethink my colors? ? ? (Scroll up in the posts to see both.)
I went - I saw- your blocks are wonderful -- Should have told the lady at the store " you heard the quilt police were dead " :shock: LOL Don't be sad - your colors are fine :thumbup:
Old 10-30-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I went - I saw- your blocks are wonderful -- Should have told the lady at the store " you heard the quilt police were dead " :shock: LOL Don't be sad - your colors are fine :thumbup:

Thanks. Ya know if it had been one passing comment I probably wouldn't have cared. But she actually said that when someone make a color mistake like that they should just embrace their mistake and move on. . .
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM

she's crazy the blocks look great
Old 10-30-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Are there 4 more quilters up for Pointsettia Dresden Plate? We only have 8.....it would really be nice to have 12 for this.
I bought fabric for a red poinsettia today so mark me down for one more. :)
Thanks to Sheri - we have 10 pointsettia's to swap. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Power Poster

Are there more pictures of snow flakes?

Also when attaching the Dresden plates and centers to the back ground do I pin all of it on, then sew the centers and then the plates? Or do I sew the centers to the plates and then all of it onto the back ground? I am not sure if I am making sense. Hopefully some one will understand what I am asking.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Power Poster

Huh? Well we are in the swap and I love your blocks. I have no idea what she is talking about.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Are there more pictures of snow flakes?

Also when attaching the Dresden plates and centers to the back ground do I pin all of it on, then sew the centers and then the plates? Or do I sew the centers to the plates and then all of it onto the back ground? I am not sure if I am making sense. Hopefully some one will understand what I am asking.

i glue baste everything to my background fabric and then i stitch down the center first followed by the blades of the plate and if the plates has leaves, poinsettia, i stitch down the leaves last.

so basically pin or glue baste everything in place and stitch down working from the center out to the edges.

then i square it up because i cut my background fabric at 13 inches.