Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter >

Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

Final Dresden Seasonal Swap - Winter

Old 09-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Now wait just a thread, WHO is PADDLEING my swaps???? Only fondling of goods is accepted, NO PADDLEING..OH, wait, you said PADDING.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Now wait just a thread, WHO is PADDLEING my swaps???? Only fondling of goods is accepted, NO PADDLEING..OH, wait, you said PADDING.
:oops: :oops: It was me that paddled, eeerr I mean padded :oops:
Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

Yes, thanks. I did buy enought to be able to do that. Do you want us to square them up or send them on the 13 in. square?

And just a tip, if I haven't said it enough already....cut your background fabric 13 inches square instead of 12.5, makes it much easier to square up AFTER you do you applique'.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 AM

If you don't have the 12.5 square ruler, you can send them and I will square them up. I just suggest the 13 inch background to start with as sometimes after appliquing them, they tend to shrink just a bit. If you need me to square them up, please indicate that when you send the blocks.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

I took 4 of my children to choir last night and I brought a wicker basket full with Dresden plate wedges that needed to be turned to the correct side to make points. Choir practice lasted 2 hours and I barely got a dent in them. Yikes! I will turn them all and then instead of working on the blocks simultaneously, I singed up for both swaps, I will pick one and do all the blocks for that one first. I am starting to worry if I will get them all done in time. This way I will have atleast all done for one. Hopefully the sewing up will go faster then the turning. After this I plan to all press them first before sewing them together.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Annaquilts, were you visiting while turning?(snicker) What I do is incorporate my children to help in the turning while they are watching their shows and then when pressing, I just finish out the point with the cool turning tool,(can't remember name at moment) I received as a gift from a secret pal swap. It does go a lot quicker and the kids get involved. Mine are teenagers so that does help a bit. Have fun. I have not even started any yet but as I read, we do have till the middle of November to complete them so you have a bit of time.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Power Poster

Hmmm I know nothing of a cool turning tool. No I was not visiting. I was sitting by myself. I am using the back end of a botkin to turn the points. Well it is good they are not due till Novemember because I will need the time. I was shocked at how much time it takes. The kids are ususally doing something unless you do not mind having them turned by my twin 6 year olds. LOL The rest is usually knitting, reading, quilting or playing the uklele. Sofar the only Dresden plates I had made were the ones from quilt in a day and they are just round like a wheel. No turning anything. I love the look of the points though so in the end it will be worth the work.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 AM

but as I read, we do have till the middle of November to complete them so you have a bit of time.

Actually - you have till Nov 30 for the plates to get to me.....And chain piecing the plates to get the points together, - why, you can whip them off in no time!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 AM

The turning tool I received and use now is "That Purple Thang" by Lynn Graves. It has two different types of point turnings on it and does a great job. I have no idea where she got it but I am sure you can find one. My children are much older, 15, 18, 20, and they are very helpful for little things like turning plates because what else they going to do on their down time.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Have a question- I am doing the snowflake block- and it can be any color combos of Blue, white and silvers - I have a VERY dark blue fabric for the background , is that a problem ? The blades will be light blue , white and medium blue