Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-19-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pansy Creations
Hi !! I would love to join, I too am new at quilting. My colors are dusty rose, sage green and cream. My name would be "Home with Friends" I just want to be clear, I make my first row include a journal and labels and send it to the next person. Then I receive a row from another member to complete in two months and then send it on to the next person, forgive me this is my first round robin and I want to make sure I don't bite off more than I can chew. Thanks for your help.
okay. yes you have it clear but it appears there are so many interested that you really only have 6 weeks to complete and pass on...if you are interested send me a pm with your address and full name
Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
I hope I am not too late. I personally think you should leave the swap open and not have a limit - do a couple groups if you need to. I would be able to make a few of them to even it up if it would help. Perhaps have 2 groups depending on people's preference of having a smaller quilt, and a larger one, maybe also an international and a US one..
i agree with you......i am going to keep going...everyone is American except me...pm your address and i will add you.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 AM

If you need to do 2 I'm willing to be in 2.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 AM

just PM'd you...count me in.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 AM

girls....(don't recall seeing any guys)...here is what we are going to do...since this is getting large.. :thumbdown:

I am going to split the group into 2. :thumbup:

1. will be a round robin and the owner needs to create a medallion that everyone goes around.....
2. will be a row robin and the owner needs to create a row that is 85" length or width. just make sure your partners know which way it is going (horizontal or vertical).

What everyone has to decided is their preference (will take in order of receipt) or if they want to be in both. I will do both.

Lastly, I need 2 volunteers who do not mind mailing to me as the sole Canadian. :D
Old 02-19-2011, 11:18 AM

Well, I can't let you be the only Canadian. I would like to join if it is not too late. Will send you a PM with my info.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
Well, I can't let you be the only Canadian. I would like to join if it is not too late. Will send you a PM with my info.
i was so glad to see another Canadian. welcome you will be the last :thumbup:
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 AM

sign up is now closed. i am waiting for a couple more addresses and preferences on if people want to be in a medallion or row robin and then i will send out final instructions....great job!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:00 PM

This going to get complicated! HEHEHE! I would say that would depend on the time we have to create the medallion or row of choice. Right now I will do the medallion! Have to get busy and design one!

What size are you all in the medallion group going to use? I am thinking about 28" square.

My theme will be stars, my center piece is called, "Flowers of the Night", it is my design.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
This going to get complicated! HEHEHE! I would say that would depend on the time we have to create the medallion or row of choice. Right now I will do the medallion! Have to get busy and design one!

What size are you all in the medallion group going to use? I am thinking about 28" square.

My theme will be stars, my center piece is called, "Flowers of the Night", it is my design.
the title itself is intriguing..can't wait to see the pix :-P