Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Farm Blocks - Signups will be opened until Jan 19 2013

Blog Entries
    Yes they are raw edges and I have never had a problem with many washes and every swap I have been in I have done them and no one has complained yet. So I believe they are ok.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    I received lovngrandma blocks today. Very nice blocks. I love them.
    Sandra

How many are now in the swap and approximately how many blocks have been committed? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    5 people with 19 sets
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    Iam sorry to say Belfrybat pulled out. I don't blame her for there is only five of us playing and now down to four. I already received lovngrandma one block set and always can send her 6 back. I don't understand why this was not a success other than maybe I stepped on toes. Don't know how and I even changed the dates to make this swap work. We still have 6 days left for anyone to join. I am extremely disappointed at this time but will stick with this for some of you still want to do it. I already finished by blocks but we certainly can knock down the number of sets to 2 if no one else signs up or one set if that what you prefer.

Let me know if this is what you would like to do or drop out. Thanks
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    ok ladies, how about i do at least one more set, as a runner i was diong , id not taking as much time as i thought, adn i also got a few more ideas, on how to do them, and gosh almighty i guess i will have to find my funny material i will have to look as i know i had it, but it was cats drivign skooters, lets say 2 more sets, of 6 right, we cant let this go, and if anyone wants to share a few charms of animals i would greatly appreciate it, and could send a surprise block fo rthe help, i have some but not sure i will have enough as i will do as many as i can and send them in 6 at a time , for sure 2 sets of 6, and if i get fast i will do 6, as i just foudn my book i have of 10 min blocks, and i am looking at it now, lol, , i sure hope this helps

Blog Entries

funky farm blocks,

ok i found animals, no cats on scooters, but did find others, i think i can use, and here ar pictures, now im looking for the background, are rest of the block, so will be looking for that now, tell me waht u think , yes i got more racing pics, but also got some other cool things, i know i have a few more , animals i used on baby quilts, but not sure where they are, soem fo these are for quilts in the making and i knwo i will not need all of the fats so im sharing, so do let me know, i think i can do 5 mroe sets, but will have to get about a yard of fabric to do the rest of the blocks, this is a few of the pics, i took them while sitting down since i fell this am, not good, hurt now, but will sit on heating pad and take anap later and then mabe feel better maby we shall see, the rest of the block might be scrappy, , now atht woudl really make it funky right, lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh I love all the fabric. I would love to have a FQ of all the fabric you are showing. i can't wait to see what you come up with. The bugs, horses and those lovely racing pigs. I pray more will come to join. Oh my can't leave out the John deer and spiders, owls.
    Last edited by owlvamp; 01-14-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    We have today and two more days to get people to sign up. Come on everyone come have some fun with us.
    Sandra

Hey girls! Sorry I have been quite lately. Christmas, two birthdays, and the new job schedule has had me running in circles. I will survive because I am a girl. Hear me roar.....meow!

Anyways, I am still in for two sets. This week end I do not have to work and don't have any other plans but the crafting area. I have several things that need to be finished and in the mail by the end of the month.

Happy sewing!!

Blog Entries
    It's so good to see you back. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    I will see what i can do, for the ones u asked for, not sure if a FQ, but if interested in less i can surly share if u are still interested, let me know, working on more sets now, gor some solid i found and was going to sped the whole day kinda loafing and sewing and cutting and ironing nad i got a very sick baby, doc put her on a narcotic cough med and with the ohtes she is taking she is a goodball, and silly and limp, nad now im taking her to bed, then i will see about making and cutting and doing more things i got several things working on right now, so ttul and will post as i get some done, later

Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    Oh my gosh I love all the fabric. I would love to have a FQ of all the fabric you are showing. i can't wait to see what you come up with. The bugs, horses and those lovely racing pigs. I pray more will come to join. Oh my can't leave out the John deer and spiders, owls.
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    I am so interested in the FQ of your fabric and that is so sweet of you to share.

Can't wait to see what you come up with on your blocks.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    Well today is the last day to sign up. I will wait till midnight tonight eastern time to close. Thank you all for sticking with this swap. I can't wait to see what you all came up with. Thank you!
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    hi there,
    I have pieced and cut blocks, and have enough for 5 more sets if u need that many, so that woudl bring my totl with the ones u have in had 6 sets, but if u dont need 5 more , ill do as many as u need, and they will be some different than the ones i did already, a few but not all, mostly all will be different, but yes i think i have 3 more blocks of the racing pig, and a few others, horses, and cats etc

Well today is the last day to sign up. I will wait till midnight tonight eastern time to close. Thank you all for sticking with this swap. I can't wait to see what you all came up with. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    There is only four of us.
    tracibug - 6 sets
    lovngrandma - 1 set
    queenof2802 - 2 sets
    And mine 6 sets

Now lovngrandma said she could make more sets.
    So really sense there is four of us and we give one of all our blocks . I would make 18. This way I could give s to each person. If you want one of your own you would make 24 and 6 one of each of your own blocks.now 2 of you only sign up for one set and two sets. So for you to it wouldn't be hard to send back to you . Let me know what you all think and thank you for continuing this swap .
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    Just PM me when ready to send blocks.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    Okay queenof2802 if you make 3 blocks in each set that would give each of us a block. Now you could make 4 blocks and keep one for yourself. There is only four of us so we don't need six in a set.
    tracibug, lovngrandma and myself we would make 3 in each set and we could get one of every design. Plus keep one for ourselves. But we need to pick out 2 of of our blocks designs to give to queenof2802 so this would make the three of us 20 blocks total. I hope this makes sense to you all.

Now this being said if you have different blocks but similar we could swap more. Like I did six dog blocks but some of the dogs are different. That's only if you wanted more than one dog.
    Sandra

I wish I had time, this swap sounds like a blast! I cannot wait to see the results. Pictures!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

Blog Entries
    I wish you had time as well but hopefully next time. My next swap will be in a few weeks and I'm going to do owls with a twist please come out and play. Need to finish up with this swap and then couple other things.then will start the swap.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    hey if u are hosting the owl wiht a twist , i want in, if u are not hosting where is it, i want in lol
    got all my farm blocks finished and pressed, got all my batiks done and pressed , and got my V runner in the mail, for another site, and working on a few others, this weekend, but for got envelopes lol, will get them tomorow as i have a few things to get at the store, oh well i might reuse some , lol, that sounds like a gradn idea

I wish you had time as well but hopefully next time. My next swap will be in a few weeks and I'm going to do owls with a twist please come out and play. Need to finish up with this swap and then couple other things.then will start the swap.

Blog Entries
    I will host the owl block swap after this funky farm swap. Sometime in Feb. so I will put you down and let you know when I start.
    Sandra

Blog Entries
    How's the blocks coming ladies?
    Sandra

I'm sewing along... Hubby was traveling this week so didn't get quite as much done as hoped. Will try to post pics today/tmrw...

Btw I want in on the owl swap!! :-)

I am coming along. Work 1/2 day tomorrow so hopefully I will be getting these finished up and in the mail on Tuesday morning. Sad that our group isn't any bigger than 4 but it will still be a great swap!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast