Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) >

Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday)

Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday)

Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 AM

Some people asked me why I have asked for any extra 30's styles blocks for my baby quilt.(If you make 7 instead of 6.) My second baby didn't receive any baby showers, presents, etc. (My first daughter received many home made gifts.) I want Em to have a blanket in which many people contributed in making. I want her to feel as if people were as exited for her birth as people were for H's. Does this make sense? I started her a hexagon quilt, but it won't be done for quite awhile... Lol. That project may never finished!

Don't feel as if you must contribute, everyone has been so kind on this board, I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Am I being too foreward to ask? If so, please forgive me.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:07 AM

With all you do for us?? Don't even think about it. I personally will be sending you extra blocks! Plus a little surprise for Em (once its done)! It will be sooner then 30 years.lol

peace and prayers
Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 AM

i have never done a swap. what is WOW? what happens to all the squares that you receive? dumb questions i know but----
Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Some people asked me why I have asked for any extra 30's styles blocks for my baby quilt.(If you make 7 instead of 6.) My second baby didn't receive any baby showers, presents, etc. (My first daughter received many home made gifts.) I want Em to have a blanket in which many people contributed in making. I want her to feel as if people were as exited for her birth as people were for H's. Does this make sense? I started her a hexagon quilt, but it won't be done for quite awhile... Lol. That project may never finished!

Don't feel as if you must contribute, everyone has been so kind on this board, I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Am I being too foreward to ask? If so, please forgive me.
BRT... You're right! It doesn't hurt to ask and the worse that can happen is that they can say No...

How old is Em? Is she the one in your Avatar? She might need to get her glasses checked.. they seem just a tad to big. :lol: :lol:

Oooh you have a hexagon project too? I have 13 "flowers" that has stayed at 13 for .. ummmm.. maybe 4 months now..:lol: I keep saying I'll do some tomorrow.. well tomorrow hasn't come yet. :lol:
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ebony
i have never done a swap. what is WOW? what happens to all the squares that you receive? dumb questions i know but----
ebony.. WOW is White on White fabric., but for this swap we're using bleached muslin.. .. All the squares get sent to BRT and then she'll give you one of your own back and then 5 different ones from the others. swappers.. No question is dumb here.. if you don't ask you can't find out things... :-) I hope this means you're going to join up.. :-D
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
With all you do for us?? Don't even think about it. I personally will be sending you extra blocks! Plus a little surprise for Em (once its done)! It will be sooner then 30 years.lol

peace and prayers
You're the best!!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
OMG, this one is sooooooo tempting. Do you know how busy I am??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL.

I'm thinking...I'm thinking...
Oh Come on.. you know you want to

:wink: :lol: :wink:

Join the fun... whats a few more items on your plate :shock: LOL Not due for a bit :thumbup:
Old 01-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
OMG, this one is sooooooo tempting. Do you know how busy I am??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL.

:wink: :lol: :wink:

Join the fun... whats a few more items on your plate :shock: LOL Not due for a bit :thumbup:
Come on ESQ! If I can you can!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Exactly! These aren't due for a while...which is why I felt I could join...THANK YOU BRT for putting it together....and for making it AFTER the F8 swap is done :wink: :lol: :wink:
These are just baby blocks, Esqmommy! You can do it!
Originally Posted by sharon b

;)
Old 01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

hhhmmm wonder if Terri has seen this yet ??? maybe I should send her the link and hook.. ehh mean get another member to join :wink: