Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 >

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Glad to hear you made it safely back home!!! 8) 8) 8)
Hope you had a wonderful time, would love to see some pictures....after you get rested up from that long flight back home and catch up with hubby, ofcourse!!! :wink: :D :D
Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Glad you're back Martina! Do we have to sprecht deutsch to you now?! LOL
Old 07-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Glad you're back Martina! Do we have to sprecht deutsch to you now?! LOL
Do we have to speak Dutch to you now? LOL
I sure hope not, Martina, bc with my southern accent, and my 'gearing'...might be in slo-mo, or high speed :roll: , hmmm, maybe I should record some, and see what that sounds like...oh yeah, I don't know any Dutch!
got to hit the hay, blocks on the way,
wasn't trying to pun, but since I did, was fun!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(glad you made it home safe and sound :D )
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Martina I am just checking in with you. I realized I did not mail my block out before I came on vacation. Hope you have not finished the quilt I will be home next week and I will mail then unless you have finished the project I know you jumped right in and went to work with it. Let me know the status and I hope I am not to late to enter my block for Kennedys quilt.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Uffdah! Finally feeling better - I caught a German bug on my vacation and have not been my chipper self.

I've been meanint to take pictures of the wonderful hands that came in while I was out and as you can see - no pics. (Operator error) Maybe tonight - depending on how well the AC keeps up (we're in week 2 of over 100F and all I want to do is stand in the cool shower when I get home) I know - nag nag nag.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

I hope that you are feeling better soon and get some relief from that horrid heat!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM

I thought everyone might like an update on Kennedy Joiner here is an email her mom sent to me to give an update on Kennedys condition and what the news is on her getting new bladder.

Subject: 7/20/09 trip to MCG

There has been no update on the Wake Forest procedure. The FDA is still going through all of the data from their previous test on the 6 subjects that were on a 2 year study. Therefore the growing of the bladder has not begun and a surgery date has not been obtained.

Kennedy’s visit to the doctor in Augusta on 7/20/09 was to determine whether or not her doctor felt that we should go ahead and expand her bladder size (using a 20cm section of intestine) Kennedy's bladder doesn't grow but her kidneys need relief from helping the bladder with storage of the urine.

The ultrasound on her kidneys was great news showing that the hydronyphrosis (swelling in the kidneys and ureters) was way down. This was great news. This is because she wears the leg bag that keeps the bladder empty (which helps the kidneys to be able to empty)

Dr. D has decided (with my input) that we will continue with the urine leg bag and suprapubic tube until January in hopes that Wake Forest will have news.

Hope you all are well and thank you so much for the support that you all continue to give for Kennedy.

We are on day 21 of the "31 days of prayer for Kennedy's specific needs" Please continue to pray.
--------------------

Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 PM

It sounds like you have allll kinds of help but, i have a 6 needle embroidery machine. I can do applique in like, minutes flat. Do you want to send me the blocks of those who don't know how to applique? I have tons, (literally) of fabric or you could send what you think should be used. I figure you are going to be pretty busy putting this all together so if i can help by apping the blocks let me know!
Great thing you are doing. I'm so humbled to be part of this group. I'm really a newbie here and didn't know you guys did stuff like this. THIS is what it's all about!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sisters Embroidery
I can do applique in like, minutes flat. Do you want to send me the blocks of those who don't know how to applique?
Mh, I am pondering an idea (do you see the smoke rising?) lol

If I don't have enough hand blocks, I have a bunch of pretty die-cut hearts that I was thinking of using for alternate blocks. Just a heart and the word Hope. It would be great to have the Hopes embroidered by machine.

What do you all think?

Hugs from CA.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I think that's a great idea Martina - 'Hearts and Hands'! And unified by the word 'hope' - I love it!