Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Happy Scrappy Houses" By Bonnie Hunter Swap -- Signs Close September 13th >

"Happy Scrappy Houses" By Bonnie Hunter Swap -- Signs Close September 13th

"Happy Scrappy Houses" By Bonnie Hunter Swap -- Signs Close September 13th

Old 08-25-2023, 04:36 PM

Default "Happy Scrappy Houses" By Bonnie Hunter Swap -- Signs Close September 13th

Welcome to Bonnie Hunter's "Happy Scrappy Houses" swap! Sign ups close on September 13th. Blocks are due to me NO LATER than November 8th. I'll mail blocks back to you by November 15th.

Sign up by pm’ing me your real name and address and number of sets you want to swap.

We will be making scrappy houses as per Bonnie's free pattern on her blog https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005...py-houses.html . (We do have her permission too.) We are swapping sets of 5 blocks per gallon zip lock bag, up to 6 bags. Bags must contain 5 completely different blocks (no repeating fabrics per set.) No duplicates in any one bag. I need the bags ready to swap bag-for-bag. We want to get the greatest range of scrappy goodness here!

Please use good fabric in your blocks… like you would hope to receive. 100% cotton, only. No thin fabrics. If you have to starch it to make it acceptable, don’t use it for this swap. Prewashed fabric doesn’t matter in pieces this size, so just use what you have. Choose prints that look fun together!

Your blocks must measure a true 9.5” for a finished 9" in the quilt. Try to keep your seam allowance as close to a good consistent 1/4". No tiny 1/8" seams! I will be checking blocks before swapping them out so that no one gets unusable blocks.

Please put your board name on each baggie. Before mailing, put all your bags into a big gallon bag with your name and address clearly on the bag, along with your board name. Then ship in a padded flat rate envelope with USPS tracking. No paper envelopes, as they don’t hold up. Be sure to include your return postage. I believe it’s $8.80 now for the padded flat rate envelopes I will use for U.S. shipping. When you ship please PM me the tracking number.

This swap is open to international swappers but you have to include the return international shipping cost. We would love you to join us too!

Board participation is a must for a successful swap. If you intend to sign up and never chat, please just make blocks to keep and not sign up. We want to hear from y'all and chat as we make and swap houses!

Now let's have fun and stitch up a neighborhood!
Old 08-26-2023, 11:53 AM

Here's my first set. Let me just say, these houses are addicting!
Attached Thumbnails img_20230826_144440853%7E2.jpg  
Old 08-27-2023, 04:16 AM

Before I commit, I want to try to make a few blocks. I certainly have the scraps!
Old 08-27-2023, 04:38 PM

Please share your trial blocks, QuiltMom2. I cut out my second set this afternoon. I love how whimsical these houses are! Any scraps look good in them!
Old 09-01-2023, 10:00 AM

Anyone want to swap a couple of house blocks? I have my third set all ready to stitch up.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:52 PM

I was wondering, would there be more interest if we swapped house blocks using any pattern of our choice? Any size or still 9.5" square? Must still be in sets of 5 blocks per bag with no duplicates in each bag. Please let me know if there is any feedback.

Sorry, this is my first time hosting and I've been missing swapping blocks like we did back in 2017-2019. We had some great swaps and so much chatting going on! I always treasure those swap quilts.
Old 09-01-2023, 03:23 PM

I think a lot of people are busy with the long weekend and end of summer stuff. I know for me Fall and Winter is my quilting season. Give it a little more time, I am sure you will have more people on board, this is a cute project! Work has been beyond chaotic or I would join in. I have not sewn anything in 3 week's.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:33 PM

I completely understand about life being hectic, tallchick. You have my sympathy! My life, while still in survival mode, is calming down a bit -- at last. My twins are beginning to scoot around on the floor and play, so I'm using that time to sew while watching them. I've decided to hire a housecleaning lady weekly, so that I can enjoy my kiddos and life a bit more. It's a huge help!
Old 09-07-2023, 06:00 AM

If anyone is on the fence about joining, please do! The commitment is very low and flexible and there will be almost three months to sew up your sets, even if it's just one set! One more week for sign ups!
Old 09-07-2023, 06:33 AM

Hubby bought me a longarm and I just got it set up last week. I have been having way too much fun on it! Time to finish all my tops!
Attached Thumbnails img_20230904_125051011_hdr.jpg