Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Thank you, dFelker Dorothy! I really like my mug rug and extra goodies.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I have finally managed to upload the photo of the lovely swap Betty G sent to me all the way from Australia.... I tried to post another photo of the lovely way she wrapped the goodies, but it wouldn't load....sorry!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502775[/ATTACH]

Betty, thank you so very very much, I love the mug rug and all the goodies too!

Hugs

Caroline
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:38 PM

What stunning photos you all are sharing! we are all so fortunate to have such a grand group here on the quilting board. I wanted to thank all who sent me a mug rug. I received some adorable and creative mug rugs from you waiting still for hubby to come home and take a picture for me. I received from dfergie this wonderful art mug rug that is done with string quilting and pieced work. its a stunning display of exactly what she does wonderfully ART work. thank you with all my heart. Then of course the first package that came and had to sit so nicely under my ironing board with dfergies box was from Caroline PJ. She sent this adorable blue white and green mug rug wit blue round flowers and green leaves on a grand white background framed in a lovely green with a hint of blue fabric and trim. its adorable! oh yes the candy does help a ton lol um what candy? and she also made me a little sachet which reminded me instantly of my mother. My mother always made sachets filled with lavender for our underwear drawers. a very European little gift. I adore it. I lost mom at 91 years of age just a handful of years ago and forgot about these. HOW COULD I DO THAT? thank you with kisses. There was also a fat quarter with little hearts on it and a post card which I will share with you shortly. adorable! last but not least in the little fat quarter extravananza was this package that had two beautiful mug rugs. one a little mary engelbreit which reminds me instantly of my little sister whom I am very emotionally close with. She has everything and I mean that everything Mary E. BUT THIS! lol and the back side is Christmas. but wait theres more! another with a kitty on it how cute could that be! and then this little pin cushion/ with a pair of adorable little scissors tied on onto it. so cute. and a package of fat 8ths in pinks and whites. I am set for Valentines day! I don't know who sent it as I thought there was a card in it and tossed the box when I put it in the stash pile of do not opens. I apologize. please note I received it, let me know who sent it so I can send you kisses for it. thanks again. I have one last thing to note that will wait til Jaba comes on as she is my helper here. I got this big bag from her you see about 4 days ago. I said put it under the tree wasn't feeling well and honestly heck a package for under the tree? I wasn't planning on any so I was content to leave it there. Then kiffie started saying open it up. I said its not Christmas.. next day OPEN it up.. its not Christmas girl it can wait. plus it was 15 steps more than I had planned to take. next day.. OPEN THE DARNED BOX UP girl. oh ok. forgot of course. she gave up on bugging me. I forgot all about it. Jan called tonight saying OPEN IT UP. I wonder what the heck is wrong with these guys I can honestly wait. When Jan said get it out before he comes home and please open that box your meant to open it. OH why didn't you say so? (this is the dork here talking). so I have opened it up. Jan has promised to post a picture for me. I don't know if there are words to express my shock and tears at this gift from all of you. I know that some chose to send me fat quarters and some were able to do this for me. I thank all of you equally. No one has done this for me. Ever. I received this stunning sampler quilt of different blocks, different colors, different fabrics that together all worked. I also received a pillow case. Someone else donated the backing fabrics. Jan quilted it and bound it. I am speechless. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is one spectacular quilt that I will cherish and take with me as my dialysis blanket. I think holding all these gifts so very close to my heart. One last note there is a block Jan is saving until she received another block from the sender. Know that whether these items came first middle or last it doesn't matter to me. its the thought always that comes first. I am luckier than I ever know. Hugs and kisses to all of you.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:46 PM

Here's your wonderful blocks ladies, hope you like what I made. Thank you Sunrise for helping me out with the backing fabric, it is so appreciated![ATTACH=CONFIG]502779[/ATTACH] And here is the pillowcase[ATTACH=CONFIG]502780[/ATTACH]Waiting for 1 more block for another pillowcase or ??
Attached Thumbnails dscf2432.jpg   dscf2431.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:46 PM

You are welcome ������
Old 12-16-2014, 06:07 PM

OMG, Jan, what a beautiful quilt you made for Linda. I see my block! This brings tears to my eyes. I'm so glad Linda likes it!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Jan,
It turned out beautiful! I was so wanting Linda to open that darn pkg! But I only told her I'm nosey, so I'd want to know.. I wasn't about to give the secret away.. And it was too funny knowing what I knew, but Linda not knowing...lol

I have to say, I teared up looking at the quilt all finished, too...I saw my blocks, and honestly Jan, you did a wonderful job!

Sunrise,
Thank you for helping with the backing fabric

Linda,
just know you're wrapped in hugs, warm thoughts, prayers, and love from all of us every time that quilt is around you!!

Kif
Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM

Thank you oneteapot,Laurel Loved my 2 mug rugs! Yes the cat is my favorite,christmas one is cute also.Beautiful work and my goodies yah . Thank you I cant post a picture .
Old 12-16-2014, 06:48 PM

Thanks Jan for the great job on the quilt! I feel privileged to have sent one.Elisabrat was so happy it brought tears to my eyes!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM

That is such an awesome quilt!!! What a wonderful Christmas present!!