Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 09-07-2011, 01:39 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I hope you can draw strength from your many friends on the Message Board
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Carsey I am sorry to hear about your brother. Please do not feel like you are ignoring us! You have to be there for him and your family! We will be here for you when you need us! Our prayers and hugs go out to you and yours!!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Carsey, so sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:43 PM

Carsey, sorry to hear you are going thru a difficult time right now. I will keep you, your brother and family in our prayers! Hugs
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Carsey, I'm so sorry for what you all must be going through. Hospice is a godsend. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Hi everyone:
I am sorry that I have not been on the board for a little while. My brother has cancer and I have been going back and forth to Jacksonville to spend as much time with him as I can and to help out my sister-in-law who is exhausted. This past Sunday September 4th they had to take him to Hospice. I do not want him left alone at all, so I am staying with him in the room all night. We don’t know how long he has but I will be with him as long as it takes. I brought my laptop with me and finally got organized enough to use it. I will check in as much as I can. GOD bless you all!!
Blessings!
Carole
I am so sorry about your brother. I was the primary person to be with my brother when he was dying of colon cancer. It is so very hard, but I wouldn't of had it any other way. He was only 47. May God be with you and bring you comfort.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
mim

I'm excited -- Today I went to Mardens in Brewer ME. They buy odd lots, overstock stuff ans insurance claim merchandise.

So all their fabrics are at least half what shops charge.

I bought $65.00 in fabrics. I got 2 different lighthouse ones, some whitetail deer in fall scenes and I think I also got some with sail boats. several Christmas prints, some blues for my Dear Jane quilt and 3 yards of 108" backing for the quilt I just finished piecing.

And to make it even better -- they measuer with 1" extra in the beginning and 2" extra at the end -- whether it is a yard or a half yard. I was so impressed. And she did that even as she was measuring out the 3 yard piece.

I don't normally buy so much in advance, but there isnn't any place like it in Washington where I'll be for the winter.

It was a very good buying trip -- well worth the 2 hour drive.

Mim
Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM

What a great find! Congrats!

I see there are several locations.
http://www.mardenssurplus.com/index....&id=7&Itemid=8

Originally Posted by mim
I'm excited -- Today I went to Mardens in Brewer ME. They buy odd lots, overstock stuff ans insurance claim merchandise.

So all their fabrics are at least half what shops charge.

I bought $65.00 in fabrics. I got 2 different lighthouse ones, some whitetail deer in fall scenes and I think I also got some with sail boats. several Christmas prints, some blues for my Dear Jane quilt and 3 yards of 108" backing for the quilt I just finished piecing.

And to make it even better -- they measuer with 1" extra in the beginning and 2" extra at the end -- whether it is a yard or a half yard. I was so impressed. And she did that even as she was measuring out the 3 yard piece.

I don't normally buy so much in advance, but there isnn't any place like it in Washington where I'll be for the winter.

It was a very good buying trip -- well worth the 2 hour drive.

Mim
Old 09-08-2011, 05:42 PM

I have just returned from the post office and my fat quarters are winging their way to you Carsey. I have sent twelve, hope whoever gets my fabric will like them.

Word of advice to all Aussie swappers, DON'T use the International Express Courier Envelopes at the Post office. They will cost you an arm a leg and half a kidney :( just use the ordinary padded bags (don't ask how I know these things :oops: :evil: ) Needless to say you should be receiving a parcel from me very shortly Carsey :thumbup:
Old 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM
mim

Not to bring up bad memories -- but after 9/11 and after Katrina, Mardens had piles of designer dresses and other clothing at bargain prices -- bought from the Ins companies. People bought stuff and re-sold it on ebay.