Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM

Carsey,thank you very much for your hard work.Joan and deb what a nice thing to do for mailman mike. This swap group is great as is all the swaps i am in just wonderful kind people.This board has helped me so much with the passing of my mom i can focus on sewing with a group of great people. Thank you all. God Bless Linda
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Carsey,thank you very much for your hard work.Joan and deb what a nice thing to do for mailman mike. This swap group is great as is all the swaps i am in just wonderful kind people.This board has helped me so much with the passing of my mom i can focus on sewing with a group of great people. Thank you all. God Bless Linda
I know how hard it is to lose your mother, so I'm glad you are able to get some pleasure from sewing with us. Bless you too!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Carsey, do you need more postage from us? If so, just let us know....
Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
I received 2 yesterday from across the pond!!!!! Yvie from Scotland and Frankie from Australia. YEA!!!! I am still waiting on several more. It looks like we might end up with somewhere around 115. Still not sure.

Crafty 3790, Walk-n-Roll and Main Ladybug sent a beautiful package to show their appreciation for my mailman. I am overwhelmed and humbled with the GIVING HEARTS of everyone!!!! I gave "Mike the mailman" his gift and he was so surprised and happy. I posted a few photos. Mike is still holding the 2 packages from Yvie and Frankie. I thought that I could get the FQ's back in the mail to you by Jan 31st or as close as possible to that date. I still might be able to be pretty close to that date. (It all depends on the mail from overseas).

Thank you all for your patience and understand. Also for your suggestions on how to sort!!

Blessings!
Carole
I LOVE IT! Recently I have had 2 parcels go missing in the post but with this picture I actually see the mailman deliver it safely! - Thanks Carole

Yvie
Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I'm fine with waiting also.

Exciting news! My DB & DSIL are visiting American Samoa. My SIL picked up some fabric for me there--in a grocery store of all places.
This is what I received from them. Isn't it gorgeous? It is a huge print;[ATTACH=CONFIG]307579[/ATTACH] size of the piece I received is 44" X 82". The picture shows a 44" X 44" view of the middle of it. She said several different fabrics were hanging from the ceiling of a grocery store they'd wandered into; there were no fabric stores, per se.

I definitely do not want to cut this. My thoughts are to use this for backing a top made from some of the FQs I receive in the swap. I'll just have to wait and see what I get, how well some of them co-ordinate.

I am hoping, though, that I get a piece of fabric from Sweden. 3 of my 4 grandparents emigrated from there.
Attached Thumbnails qbsamoan-fabric.jpg  
Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 AM

Here is another update: I have received the following from across the pond.....KiwiAussie Jen, LittleMo, suechr1.

Here is a list of areas across the pond that I have received from:

Ireland, Australia, Canada, Netherland, Japan, Scotland, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, South America.

Due to the cost of postage some have sent a few and others have sent more. I HOPE that I will have enough to give EVERYONE at least 1 from a different country. That include the ones from across the pond. I am sure that someone from Australia, for instance, would like to have a FQ from somewhere other than the US. If there is one that you have your heart set on, please let me know and I will TRY to do it.

I am still waiting on 5 or 6 that have been mailed. Just hold on a little longer!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Whatever I receive I will absolutely love, thank you once again for inviting me to join this massive swap
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 PM

Hi Carole
Thanks so much for all your hard work. I think the delay is just making the whole swop even more exciting... love hearing and seeing all the packages arriving and your plans to sort them.
Would love to be able to come and help you sort it out. I think just seeing all the different fabrics must be such fun.
PLEASE PM me with your paypal details so that I can give you money to send my goodies back to me.. being international I couldn't send you any postage and I'm feeling REALLY bad about it... need to pay my debts ;-)
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 AM

I too am loving the anticipation... cant wait to see what comes!! This is so exciting!
Thanks Carole... you are doing an amazing job keeping us all informed. X
Jodie LARA, Australia
Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 AM

Hi Carole,

Please let me know when you are ready for Paypal payment, also please send to my new home address. Thanks!