Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Dropping in from group 6 - lovely job on this centre.
Looks great.

Maybe1day
Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by americassewplace
Originally Posted by maryb119
Bonnie, What a beautiful border you added to Linda's center! WOW!
Thank you. I love yours. The bright colors are going to be great to work with.
Thanks. I like bright colors on black and so does my grandson.
I have Chrys's center with the first border Patti added. It's talking to me already.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:54 AM

Yeah I know what you mean. I got Sew Cornies this week also. And I have already figured out what I want to do. Now I get to go shopping again...
So many projects going right now. I am trying to get Christmas stuff done first. I will get a Christmas tree Advent Yo Yo Tree done today for the grandson. I would love to get it in the mail. It has to go to New Hampshire...
Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM

Gorgeous border you added, Bonnie. The perfect compliment to Linda's center. :thumbup:
Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 AM

Thank you, I got your center this past week. I love it. I have already decided what I want to do and went shopping and got the fabric. Now to find the time to get it done. I have to many projects going for Christmas presents. My husband has been out of work since June, so I am trying to make a few presents this year....
Old 11-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by americassewplace
Thank you, I got your center this past week. I love it. I have already decided what I want to do and went shopping and got the fabric. Now to find the time to get it done. I have to many projects going for Christmas presents. My husband has been out of work since June, so I am trying to make a few presents this year....
I can't wait to see what you've come up with for mine. I took Patti's with me to the beach over the weekend. I went on a retreat with 6 other Board members. SO much fun and a bit of sewing too! They all loved Patti's center and the embroidery that Mary added. I got some great help in getting the idea process rolling as to what to do next. It was fun to share it with others and get their input.

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's job loss. It's so hard right now for so many. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Good luck with your Christmas creations. We'd love to see pictures!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 PM

I will post things as I get them done. What beach? It shows you live in Oregan. Did know you had beaches....
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM

We went to the Oregon Coast. There were 6 of us from various cities in Oregon and 1 came from Washington. Last winter I hosted an open house for local Quilting Board members and since then we've gotten together every other month, with a different host each time. This is the first time we've had a retreat and we're already chatting about when we can go on another one. Through these open houses and the retreat, I've met probably about 15 or so Board members. It's been a lot of fun to get to meet and further develop our friendships in person.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
We went to the Oregon Coast. There were 6 of us from various cities in Oregon and 1 came from Washington. Last winter I hosted an open house for local Quilting Board members and since then we've gotten together every other month, with a different host each time. This is the first time we've had a retreat and we're already chatting about when we can go on another one. Through these open houses and the retreat, I've met probably about 15 or so Board members. It's been a lot of fun to get to meet and further develop our friendships in person.
That is great that you can do that and get to know other quilters. I just went to my first guild meeting last week. Hopefully can get involved with it and start getting to do retreats and other things. I like learning new things. I have trying to teach myself. Sometimes it is fun to let someone else teach and you just learn. Plus you get to meet new peopel.... Glad you had fun...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:11 AM

Finally here's the picture of Bonnie's (Americasewplace) center. It's in the mail today.

Also I just got Linda's (lindyline) yesterday in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118600.jpe