Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM

Hi there all, We're fine. Floodwaters are not only headed for Victoria, they've beeen here a couple of weeks already. Mostly around the borders of the state. The country town around the New South Wales and now South Australian border are the most under threat. Flood waters from NSW are travellling downstream, and town where more than one river run, are being inundated with the water. Leveee banks are not holding, and homes are being lost. I live about 25 miles from Melbourne, in a not so little town, we live on a hill, so I tell everyone we may one day have lakeside views, but I douby we'll ever be flooded. Thanka you so much for your concern.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM

I've heard about the flooding in Queensland for a while now, of course, but didn't know that Victoria was already struggling with it too. The devastation is so sad. A week ago we had 3+" rain in just over a day. Rivers flooded, lots of landslides, etc., but all in localized areas. Nothing like what Australia or the U.S. midwest deals with. Sending thoughts and prayers to your fellow Aussies. So glad to hear that you're doing fine.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM

Yes 75% if Queensland was flooded, but 25% of Victoria is under flood water or treat of flood. Not so many deaths down here, but devestating in its own right. Pretty happy to be city girl right now! Will have to take the time to check on friends in the next coupld of weeks. Probably not the right time to be doing it now, what with the evacuations and all. Lots of country town in Vic who were flooded out at the same time as Qld have been very vocal about the lack of support they were getting from all the government agencies, they have been stretched to the limits.
Now we just wait for the waters to recede and do our best with what will be left.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM

I so understand what you are going thru. My home town flooded last summer. The building where I worked had 3 feet of water in the basement. We delt with mold and the smell all summer and fall. It was very bad for my alergies. About 8 miles south of here, a dam broke, flooding several towns downstream. It was devestating. It will be years before things are fully repaired. My home is fine because if the water ever comes here, we had better have an ark! We are on a higher elevation, too I am so glad you are OK, lindyline.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 PM

jen it's here and very pretty.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Lindyline, Sorry to hear about all the flooding...Take care of yourself. Have you been able to ship Maryb center to me???? Keep watching the mail for it....
Old 01-30-2011, 09:37 AM

We are all beign quiet again. Are we busy sewing? I know what I'm going to add to Bonnie's quilt! I have ordered the fabric and I'm waiting for it to come. I had and idea and made a sample from scraps and it is perfect for the next round. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Lindyline, I'm glad you are OK with all the flooding. I'm sure my center will reach Bonnie soon. I'm thinking there is probably a slow down with the post office due to the flooding.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Being quiet, because I'm trying to get things done, before DH has more hand surgery on Wednesday. Know exactly what I'm going to do for Patti's centre, just waiting for pattern and fabric to arrive. I have been assured that both will be here on time, unlike fabric ordered for Marys. We will wait and see. Luckily, I have a plan B.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:49 PM

I have been thinking about Maryb's, I think I have an idea, but will make a final decision when it gets here...I total understand the mail can be so slow at times....I am having to finish up a baby quilt right now for the new GD that is due on 2/9/11...Hope to finish it today and get it shipped to New Hampshire this week....I will post pictures of it later. I love the way it is turning out...
Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM

I know what I'm doing on Chrys's, but I'm trying to get a bit caught up on my Farmer's Wife blocks first. I've really enjoyed seeing each of these progress and am looking forward to more pictures down the road.