Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Banned

no i'm not using water soluble thread. its a method of applique that i like to use but its never kept inside the quilt.

when i applique i use interfacing and sew the piece to the interfacing right sides together with water soluble thread.

then you snip the interfacing and turn the piece out. iron it into the shape you want.

when your happy with the shape give it a shot of steam with the iron.

the thread will disolve and the piece removes easily from the interfacing.

you a left with a perfect needle turn applique piece that you attach to your background fabric with normal thread just like other appliques.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:24 AM

Ah Ha, now I understand, thanks for explaining that to me.

Elle :D
Old 07-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Power Poster

Just a note to all....this RR will be a bit different from the last on in that your center can be any size between 12" up to 24"....and you could do a rectangular center if you choose .

This allows for you to figure out what size quilt you will get back at the end...some will be larger, some will be smaller. The borders applied each round will remain the same size...1st round-3"...2nd round 4"...etc.

Now, have I made that clear as mud?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Well, after looking at least 100 books and magazines, I have picked out my center! She will be 24", and pieced. I have posted a picture of the pattern on my site.
After reading all the great ideas here, I was confused for awhile. Everything sounded so grand. The ideas are all so fantastic, so I wanted to have a fantastic idea also. Then, I stopped and realized that I wanted my center to show what I love and do best. So, in a way it is a self portrait of me! :D
If anyone wants to have a look at it and tell me what you think, please do. all input will be welcomed!
now the fun part, picking out the material!!
Ninnie, that looks great for a center AND I recognize a few of those fats!!! :lol: Hmmmm...if they come back to my house, they may just want to stay here :lol: :lol:
Old 07-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

Thanks sandpat : Glad the center is alright. ! :D
And about those FG, well their mine all mine!!!! :evil: :evil:
I do need to start looking for material for the center, oh dear I guess i will just have to bite the bullet and go fabric shopping!!! :wink:
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM

I have signed up (don't think I said I did). Been doing some designs but not decided yet. I would love to do an applique center but anything I would WANT to do would be very dense with applique and would take me forever to do.

I'll also putting them on my blog as I do ones that are definate possibilities.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:38 AM

Page 1: The Quilt:

The center block is the design of your choice. It may be any size between 12 inches and 24 inches finished. (Be sure to add ˝” for seam allowance!) The center may be square or rectangular. The size of your center will determine the finished size of your quilt. (The center block, all borders, cornerstones, or whatever should be carefully squared each step of the project.)

Ok, so now I have a question. According to this rule from page one, I don't have to make it an exact 12" or 24". It could be 16" X 20" (for example)? Of course this would affect the finished size, and all borders would remain the same for each round. But the recent posts made me wonder if I interpreted it correctly. Do I need clarification?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 AM

I'm thinking you are understanding!

I'm still trying to decide what to do for this center.
Thought about maybe a snowman or something Christmasy, but that would be hard to get the fabric for the borders say around June timeframe, so that is out.
The one I have with the IRR is a humming bird.
Maybe I'll do a flower or something.....I dunno
Old 07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned

sara

you're understanding it correctly.

my center is going to be a rectangle with the longest side coming in around 24 inch
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I have signed up (don't think I said I did). Been doing some designs but not decided yet. I would love to do an applique center but anything I would WANT to do would be very dense with applique and would take me forever to do.

I'll also putting them on my blog as I do ones that are definate possibilities.
Hi Pittsburgpam, Haven´t got you as yet but would love to have you on board. Can you PM with your name address and telephone no. (to be used only in emergency. I am helping Sandpat at the moment as she is busy so is perhaps not on the board as much as I am at certain times.

Also please can you confirm whether you want International, or USA/Canada.

Lovely to have you on board. Rules are on Page 1 of this thread, its a good idea to print them out its really good to refer to later as this runs for some time and its easy to forget, Well it is if you a have a brain the size of a pea like I have.

Elle