Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by Ducky
Hypothetically speaking, if someone, who has already posted one or two :roll: pictures of centers for the IRR were to change her mind....again......and make yet another center, would she be shot a dawn? Mind you, this is just hyothetical. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not at all! I still haven't decided on what my center will be!
Gai I have booked a flight, I am coming over to put your head in mode for this one.

I know the hardest part is choosing so once that part is done you will fly I am sure.

Elle
Old 10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

Oh Elle, you don't want to come to Humidston. I'll just fly out there to see you!! And you can give me a private applique lesson too!

BTW, I just finished my FIRST fused applique, all by myself, but I couldn't have done it without your tute! Thank you VERY much.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Oh Elle, you don't want to come to Humidston. I'll just fly out there to see you!! And you can give me a private applique lesson too!

BTW, I just finished my FIRST fused applique, all by myself, but I couldn't have done it without your tute! Thank you VERY much.
Gai, will you swing by and pick me up, too???? :P
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ducky

Gai, will you swing by and pick me up, too???? :P

The more the merrier!!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 PM

Hi Gai, Oh yes I do. Been to Dallas, it was however at Christmas and I loved it.

I see I am going to be invaded. Spain is so so different to America, some of the things here are about 30 years behind the rest of the world.

Its great that you used my tute to help with the applique, made me feel kinda nice that I have helped you.

Elle
Old 10-05-2009, 03:18 PM

I have a silly question about labels!
I am not used to doing labels for my quilts yet so I need to know something - if I just include a white piece of material and the people in my group could just write their information on it, where ever, would that make sense! I like the idea of it being in their own handwriting, not only mine. And the quilts are going to be for my daughters. So I don't know what to do! I love the labels I have seen on here but I am lacking the knowledge and imagination to figure it out right now!
Please help with any suggestions !
Thanks all!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:45 AM

You can get a piece of neutral fabric and handwrite something along the lines of International Round Robin 2009-2010 or something like that.

Then underneath that write Center and stitch a straight line or draw a straight line or two and put you information on it: name, location, quilting board name, date, etc.

Underneath that, and then down in a column, write Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, etc with either stitched or drawn lines for your group to write their info.

Send that along with your center and everyone will include their information on it as they do their round. Then, once you get everything back, you can attach it to the back of your quilt!

Hope this helps!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I have a silly question about labels!
I am not used to doing labels for my quilts yet so I need to know something - if I just include a white piece of material and the people in my group could just write their information on it, where ever, would that make sense! I like the idea of it being in their own handwriting, not only mine. And the quilts are going to be for my daughters. So I don't know what to do! I love the labels I have seen on here but I am lacking the knowledge and imagination to figure it out right now!
Please help with any suggestions !
Thanks all!
Personally I think it would be just fine to include a piece of white or light neutral fabric and a note that says "Please add your name, location, and any other info you want to share on this label." I might do that myself!

Jan
Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

I just popped in here, because I finished my label today!!! Hurrah!
Mind you, it's almost big enough to be the quilt back, but I wanted to include space for everything my partners wanted to write.

I also have a query, re the border sizes. I was checking today, and have only just noticed something odd. Why is the first border 3 in, then it jumps to 5in, and then after that, goes up by one in for every border. What happened to 4 in? If we didn't have enough people (i.e. 7) for each group, why can't we start with 4in? I am only asking, because the border I have in mind for Ninnie's quilt would be easier to make if it was 4in wide. Am I rocking the boat at this late stage? If so, tell me and I will shut up, pronto.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Hi Lesley, I think that we (Patti and I) decided that the last IRR came out a very large quilt, which made the postage that much more. But I am sure if you wanted to put on a 4" border and your partner who sent it to you didnīt mind it wouldnīt rock the boat. I know that its easier to put on borders for certain sizes.

Donīt worry about it, I am sure your partner wonīt mind that its got a 4" border instead of a 3" border.

Elle