Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

That bear totally rocks!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM

Oh boy, Magnolia, those bears are great! Either one would be fun to work with, but if you're in my group I'll have to hide it from my 6yo son. He would definitely want to keep it! LOL.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Wow, I love the bear blocks. They are both great but my favourite is the first one.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 PM

I love the bears too...I pick #1.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lavandula girl
Okay, so if someone in your group specifically does or doesn't want something, do they send that info with their center, or should we be asking each person when we add their border? For example, if a person sends a batik center, should they specify 'batik only' if that's what they want? And do people say that they don't want embellishments or raised things? I've seen some amazing quilts on the current RR threads, but I sometimes wonder if a conversation went on behind the scenes.
I think that there are conversations going on. When you read the thread, some people show options or double check before moving on. My thought is that the more you try to control the outcome, the more you shackle creativity. One of the fun parts of a RR is that every participant adds their interpretation to the piece. That said, if a person makes a center to suit the bedroom colors, I think it is OK to say "please don't use hot pink" or "if possible, stay with the color scheme - it's for the bedroom."
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

Hello, here is my block I think. I need some help. Its just cut out and on my makeshift board. I haven't put the white in yet. It goes in the blank spaces on the outer edges. Any suggestions. I know its few colors but I am open for any colors for the boarders. Help Please. This is my first RR too
Margaret

my smal sewing space.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95085.jpe   attachment-95086.jpe   attachment-95087.jpe  
Old 08-10-2010, 03:50 PM

I really like it, it is very pretty!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM

Margaret, Nice block!! Love your fabrics. I wouldn't worry about the additional color/colors at this stage. Starting here gives the other contributors more leeway; you can mention a color or two that you don't want added if you want. Keep in mind that our centers aren't going to look 'finished' because they're just the beginning!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Magnolia I love your block. I wish I could find that fabric. Don't usually do animals but that is just too cute.

I do have a suggestion with our centers it would be nice if each person adds with the block (or sends the person a letter with alittle about themselves). Especially the person the center belongs too. It may give the rest of us some ideas when it comes to the borders.

What do you think.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Margaret...I love your star.