Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 11 Loose Threads >

IRR III - 11 Loose Threads

IRR III - 11 Loose Threads

Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM

MegsAnn are you ready for Chigger's center to be sent to you?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM

That looks great I think the solid border makes the center pop.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 PM

I think it looks great! Thank you! :) doing happy dance. can't wait to see the next step!
Linda, your center appeared in my mail box on Thursday and we are in deep conversation. (I think it's a beauty!) I'll try to get it done before I leave on my trip. (no promises but will get it done as soon as I possibly can.)
I haven't been able to be online much lately because of all the storms in the area. Hearing thunder again now so will need to close down soon. I was stuck for a while at Lowe's yesterday because tornado was too close for comfort. (they had us all go into the "break" room to wait for all clear notice. When I got home I noticed that part of the roof on our old barn is missing and our round pen is half down! We have warnings for strong T-storms for the next week...with possible tornadoes.
Wishing you all a Happy Easter!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 PM

Got megsann center today safe and sound. Love the signing the rows.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Oh Chigger take your time and stay safe!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:30 PM

So I was curious what the shipping out days are? I joined this in the middle and I know a couple of us are at the beginning but I don't want to send things out to soon. I haven't done megsann yet but I don't usually take a long time deciding so if I knew the time frame if there is one I won't rush anyone.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 PM

Crafty, I will also post due dates for you, but first here are the first instructions in case you don't have them:
Center

Round 1- 3”---finished size of border when you send it would be 3 1/4"
Round 2-5” ---finished size of border when you send it would be 5 1/4"
Round 3-6” ---finished size of border when you send it would be 6 1/4"
Round 4-7” ---finished size of border when you send it would be 7 1/4"
Round 5-8” ---finished size of border when you send it would be 8 1/4"

The extra 1/4 inch would be for seam allowance. So, you would need to make sure your border for let's say Round 1...that border on each side would have to measure 3 1/4 inches.

The extra 1/4 inch would be for seam allowance. So, you would need to make sure your border for let's say Round 1...that border on each side would have to measure 3 1/4 inches.
Example:
If your center is 12” x 12”…your finished quilt will end up being 70” x 70”.
If your center is 24” x 24”…your finished quilt will end up being 82” x 82”.
If you make your center 12” x 24”…your finished quilt will end up being 70” x 82”.
If you need help in determining what size to do your center, please ask. We can find someone to help you do the math.
Add a Label
We suggest that you add some type of label to circulate with your top so that all the members of your group can sign it. Please use a Black Pigma pen or some type of black permanent fabric marker. You might want to leave enough room for everyone to list their name along with their board name, their city, state, country, and the date.
If you don't want to do a label for people to sign because you haven't figured out what you want the label to look like, that is fine too...just add a piece of paper that people can sign.

Graciously accept your finished quilt

Sometimes the final quilt owner will want to add more embellishments or add an additional border, but everyone who worked on your quilt used their best abilities. After the IRR has closed, of course it is your quilt to do whatever you choose. We will all look forward to seeing the quilted final product! Please do not post pictures that show alterations or changes in someone else’s work though. Please be conscious of other feelings. If this isn’t acceptable to you, please DO NOT play.

Tips and Lessons Learned:

1. Print off the rules, mailing dates, round size requirements and your group mailing list.
You will be referring back to it.

2 Don’t panic…hang the top for a few days and let it speak to you. They tend to “tell you what they need next”.

3. If you are trying something new….do it on the separate border, do NOT sew it to the quilt until you are sure it worked.

4. Make sure you understand how to fill out the customs forms BEFORE you send an International package

5. Please DO NOT let tops pile up on you. If you need help, ask…there are others who can and will step in to help you through a time crunch bind. We can work it out.

6. Please handle the quilts carefully. We all drag them around to show them off to friends, guild members, LQS, etc. but when doing so, we can stretch the borders so the finished quilt doesn’t lie flat. Please make sure it does lie flat prior to mailing it on to the next person.

7. Feel free to add information to accompany your quilt such as colors you would prefer or something you definitely don't want., that it may be a gift, etc. Please don’t add fabric to your package as it does cost more to mail it along. You can add a little swatch card with what fabrics you used, the manufacturer’s name, etc. as someone may want to match something. If you do have extra fabric, you might want to let others know, they may ask for some to be mailed to them directly to work on a specific round if they can‘t purchase it.

8. If for ANY reason, you feel the need to resign from doing this at ANY point in the "game", PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know! It's not fair to the others for someone to just pull out, not tell anyone and keep what is not theirs.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Okay I need to hear from MegsAnn before I am releasing Chigger's new center.......
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Here are the dates you are looking for.

Centers Owners discretion SEP 15, 2010
Per posted rules
__________________________________________________ _________________________
___
Round 1 3” , Finished NOV 1, 2010
___
Round 2 5”, Finished JAN 15, 2011
___
Round 3 6” Finished APRIL 15, 2011
___
Round 4 7” Finished JUNE 15, 2011
___
Round 5 8” Finished AUG. 15, 2011

* Please make sure you add ½” seam allowances to your borders. I can’t tell you
the what size the top should be at each point due to the differences in the
original center sizes.
* I added a little extra time for round 2 for the holidays.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Okay I need to hear from MegsAnn before I am releasing Chigger's new center.......
Did you send her a PM? I'm pretty sure she has been trying to complete the boomerang 4 quilt blocks that were due on April 15. I know that I'm behind on mine and it takes some doing to get them all done and sent 'home'. :)