Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Received my doll quilt from Abonda today. I cannot put into words how I feel. It is soooooo neat compared to what I did. The picture cannot do it justic. But I can. It is already hanging on my sewing room door for everyone to see. Abonda: I LOOOVE it!!! Thank-you so VERY much!!!

Doll Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159665.jpe   attachment-159667.jpe  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Oh Abonda what a wonderful little quilt. You are so creative.
Just love it.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM

Abonda, love that little sewing machine quilt
Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 PM

Awesome quilts ladies, just amazing the ideals that everyone come's up with.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Received my doll quilt from Abonda today. I cannot put into words how I feel. It is soooooo neat compared to what I did. The picture cannot do it justic. But I can. It is already hanging on my sewing room door for everyone to see. Abonda: I LOOOVE it!!! Thank-you so VERY much!!!
Oh I'm so glad you like it Boop. IKnow I will love yours too!! I can hardly wait to get it.

I was all set in doing an eagle for the doll quilt but I came across the fact that the first sewing machine was made in Boston Massachusetts and loved the idea that I had to change my mind and when you told me you loved purple well the rest is history. Enjoy It. Your quilting friend Andrea
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
Originally Posted by Boop56
Oh I'm so glad you like it Boop. IKnow I will love yours too!! I can hardly wait to get it.

I was all set in doing an eagle for the doll quilt but I came across the fact that the first sewing machine was made in Boston Massachusetts and loved the idea that I had to change my mind and when you told me you loved purple well the rest is history. Enjoy It. Your quilting friend Andrea
I cannot believe that you thought of an eagle first. my husband loves eagles. We actually have a few nests around us. I cannot express my thanks enough!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:04 AM

kwhite, I haven't forgotten you, I am still working on it, one more pping and a little embroidery, and I will be finished with the top and it won't take me long to quilt it.
Smiles, Lucinda
Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 AM

Boop56 you are one luck lady....Abonda that is just adorable!

QazyQltr and I mailed ours out yesterday. Can't wait to receive and post pics.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 AM

mbogenpohl, I know what I am doing for your quilt, but haven't started yet. It's been pretty cold here, and we live in an older house with little or no insulation. My sewing room has been so cold in the evenings that it takes me 2 hours to heat it up with a space heater, and after work that's hardly worth the $$ to have 1 or 2 hours to sew. So, I am waiting till the weekend (tomorrow!! YAY!) to get started. I could sew on the dining room table, but DH uses that pretty much for his "office" space, and my computer and quilt guild stuff are there too....so...well, anyway, I'll get it at least started this weekend.

All these little quilts so far are so adorable!! You all are doing such great work. I am very impressed!!

Hope everyone is having a great New Year!! Janice
Old 01-14-2011, 03:03 PM

YEH!!!! Patty BOOP I got your NO MY doll quilt today in the mail. I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job! Now you had that as your advatar didn't you???????????? because I remember seeing it and saying. Oh I would love to have something like that!!! OMG I got it!!!! The colors are just beautiful and the design too!!! It is perfect for my cabanna in the summer,but for now it is in my quilting room to remind me there is hope during all this SNOW we have gotten. Oh thank you so much Patty. I love the town newspapers and letter too. I'm so surprised that you live with COWS!!! LOL LOL

Here it is ladies! Please don't cry cause it's MINE!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160045.jpe