Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2011 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roda
Got my Little Quilt from roseofsharon it beauiful know I got the better end of the trade here. She also sent a pretty peice of material. Will get a pic up soon. We had been snowed in here last week finelly got things moving agian and got sharons package yesterday and wake up this morning to 6 inches of snow and it still coming down hard. Their saying about 10 to 12 inches. Thinking Sharon sent me more than my quilt
LOL, roda. But Sharon's too nice to do that to you, must be some other force. OBTW--you sent a beautiful quilt to her.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:13 PM

I received a wonderful quilt from vbourck..I love it! My GS loves it too! he wants to hang it in his room.

Back of Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138874[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-137384.jpe   attachment-138869.jpe  
Old 02-09-2011, 04:17 PM

I think it would be fun to do a swap where we reverse this and make a quilt that reflects our partner's location... such as if I were making a quilt for a partner in New York, I might put a big apple, or if my partner was from Maine, a lobster quilt. It would be fun to see others' interpretations of where we live.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM

I agree, it would be very interestiong to see other peoples interpretations <sp?>
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I think it would be fun to do a swap where we reverse this and make a quilt that reflects our partner's location... such as if I were making a quilt for a partner in New York, I might put a big apple, or if my partner was from Maine, a lobster quilt. It would be fun to see others' interpretations of where we live.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:39 PM

This the extra fabric and the Baltimore postcard that Vicki sent me with the quilt! I love it all. Thank you so much Vicki.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140759.jpe  
Old 02-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Well, it would certainly be educational for the quilt maker. Could be fun though. And then, there is always Chele's idea of do what you want to do... lol, lol, no rules applied!

vbourck: beautiful quilt. Did you do paper piecing? It looks so sharp and crisp. :thumbup:
Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Karen, what a great quilt you got from Vicki.
Love the applique work on yours, Sharon.
Just think I have a quilt from both of you!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM

[vbourck: beautiful quilt. Did you do paper piecing? It looks so sharp and crisp. :thumbup:[/quote]

Yes it was paper pieced from quilterscache- called Maryland Star. I love how it turned out- but not a fan of PP, had to redo several times before I got the hang of it.
Fun to see two Maryland quilts back to back!
This is really a fun theme and all of the quilts have been SEW creative and amazing!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM

Oh gosh, I love that idea too MistyMarie. Maybe this could be a theme for a month later this year

Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM

vbourck, I just love your Maryland Star block. I have thought of doing one but sooooooo many pieces to PP. You did a wonderful job on it.

Gladie, I had fun doing the applique` work. I also atempted my hand at hand quilting around the applique.

Roda, I am happy you liked my reflection of Maryland. I tried to put the things that come first to mind living in Maryland... blue crabs, orioles and blackeyed susans!

LOL Roda, I have powers of determination but not for sending snow your way!