Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Muv

Hello Catrancher!
JuanitaBean, that landscape is seriously clever - the batik for the hills gives the impression of strata in the rock, the sky and sun make the whole scene look hot, and those birds look like vultures after carrion. Completely amazing.

Meanwhile, in the land of grey skies, good progress is being made on the quilt for my partner. Coming to the end of the quilting, so I hope to be making a trip to the post office early next week.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
If my count is right we have at least 9 newbies!! Wonderful! You will so enjoy this swap. Once you get your assigned partner, start sending them PM's and find out about your partner. It's fun to stalk their started threads and posts to get an idea of what they like--colors, dragonflies (some are pretty obvious!!), styles what ever. You will share each other's addresses, too. And of course add them to your contact list. I've gained the friendship of many quilters all over, just through this swap. Some no longer participate--life gets in the way etc, but the friendships remain. Welcome all.
Hi Gladie! I miss this swap and the people I have made friends with over the last year and some months. I do hope to get back into this at some point, but until then I will keep an eye out for the little beauty's presented here!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon View Post
Hi Gladie! I miss this swap and the people I have made friends with over the last year and some months. I do hope to get back into this at some point, but until then I will keep an eye out for the little beauty's presented here!
I'm so glad you are still watching us!! Later, G.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 PM

I mailed mine off to my partner and got a delivery confirmation but haven't heard from her. I so want to post a picture BUT I think it would be unfair to do so. I enjoy seeing everything that everyone is creating! Great ideas no doubt!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM

jmncolts-- the theme can change or be non-existent. welcome!!

faye-- just posting a comment is usually enough to get you daily postings. look for the new thread at the start of the month and post again. check your settings.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM

Gladie, (AKA oksewglad) Oklahoma City Quilt Show Sat. we will see what we can find in the way of INTERESTING there ..... quilt is almost done .... well the top is ... lookin good...... will let ya know when to pm that address .... hope your week is going good !!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM

Putting this "Oregon" quilt in the mail to my partner today. This is my last doll quilt swap, and my last post to the Quilting Board. I'll be living in Blog Land where I'm queen of my blog, and I make the rules. Queen is good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302760[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails oregon-dq-006-copy.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Catrancher! I looooove this quilt!
Distressed to see you go. I don't generally follow blogs, but I guess I'll have to start now.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Swap Hosts

Allie gave me permission to post a photo or two of the quilt that is on the way to her.
I would wait a bit until she received it, but I really have to cut down on the time I spend on the board and get some work done!
I originally planned this to be an audition for a little quilt to enter using my guild's challenge fabric for the spring show. Well, that plan didn't work too well especially since I couldn't find the fabric!
This is a "Show Us Where You Live" quilt ~ since I live in New York on a little island next to the sea and I love to go fishing on the bay side.
I wanted to include a New York Beauty block since I took a class a few months ago. Of course I forgot how to make them and that was another challenge. One thing led to another and what I hope this represents is the sun over the water with the fish below. I don't think the photos show it too well, but I placed a bit of gold lace netting with a spattering of sequins over the sun and another bit in the sea representing a fishing net and seaweed. The orange in the sea and the bit in the sky are reflections of the sun. It is thread painted with luminous blue/green glitter thread for a little bit of interest. You also cannot tell, but the border consists of three very thin hues of different blues.
Overall, I rather like it ... except for my binding. I really need some practice on that skill!
Allie, it really does look better in person ... except for the binding which probably looks worse!
Attached Thumbnails jan-2012-1.jpg   jan-2012-2.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM

Wow, Catrancher, Your mini is beautiful. You sure will be missed. I will stop by your blog often to visit. Your mini's inspire me.
Originally Posted by catrancher View Post
Putting this "Oregon" quilt in the mail to my partner today. This is my last doll quilt swap, and my last post to the Quilting Board. I'll be living in Blog Land where I'm queen of my blog, and I make the rules. Queen is good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302760[/ATTACH]