Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: January FAT QUARTER swap

and here they are the pretties that tlambing sent me. I wish I had taken a pic during the day the flash washed them out they are all vibrant pinks. I love them. thanks again!

Name:  fqs 001.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  659.8 KB

Jvan can't wait to see what you make with those fabrics. this month is an easy month for you with those pretty combos.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

OK, I really did mail off my FQ's today and they are going to a city that was officially founded as a township in 1793 then as a borough on March 1, 1806. That should help!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    I didn't get my 2 packages into the mail until today Work got in the way; had to be there before the post office opens and worked until after the post office closes. Only had to work until Noon today I CAn't be sure but MOst likely the recipients will receive their packages by the end of Monday, January 14th. Can you decipher my cryptic message to figure out what states the packages are going to????
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I didn't get my 2 packages into the mail until today Work got in the way; had to be there before the post office opens and worked until after the post office closes. Only had to work until Noon today I CAn't be sure but MOst likely the recipients will receive their packages by the end of Monday, January 14th. Can you decipher my cryptic message to figure out what states the packages are going to????

Boy, did I catch the clues in this post! LOL Unfortunately, neither one is me.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

auntpiggylpn, you are so sneaky in your clues .... I wonder if one of them is me.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    I went to the Post Office this morning & my FQ swap package is on it's way to my partner!! I sure hope she likes what I chose to send to her. It will be a surprise for sure!! Now I can sit back & wait for my swap package to arrive.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Hear is my FQ I received today from hearthush. I plan on either making potholders with them or mug rugs. Haven't decided yetName:  January FQ.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  132.6 KBThank you they are georgeous

Received a lovely package from tiambing. Beautifully folded and wrapped with a cute ribbon. I love the fabrics. Thank you Teresa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ATTN PA Swapper(s): your FQ's will be arriving tomorrow!!!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    Wow, you beat me! I was there at 9:30!!! I'm excited too

tiambing, any chance you could do a tutorial on folding fabric FQ's? Would love to learn how to do that.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
    tiambing, any chance you could do a tutorial on folding fabric FQ's? Would love to learn how to do that.
    Here's a link to the instructions! Really easy, with a little fudging!

http://quilting.about.com/od/giftsfo...fatquarter.htm

I received these beautiful fat quarters from sewellie yesterday! There are 6!! I'm so lucky I also received a very cool Idaho lapel pin and an Idaho Spud candy bar (which unfortunately didn't make it til the photo shoot but it sure was yummy!)
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  188.1 KB Thank you sew much!!

I rec'd my FQ's (6) today from Jan Alexander (there was no board name so I don't have a clue as to who you are), thank you Jan, I love them all and can't wait to make something w/them!
    Name:  Jan2013 FQ from Jan Alexander.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  101.3 KB
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

The Post Office has my hearts and they're travelling to Idaho
    Last edited by sistahdebbra; 01-11-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: wrong state
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    Here's a link to the instructions! Really easy, with a little fudging!

http://quilting.about.com/od/giftsfo...fatquarter.htm
    This reminds me of folding the flag when I was in Girl Scouts many years ago.

Blog Entries
    Very nice!! Also nice of you to put that link. Will definitely use that pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    That's what it reminded me of too!
    Also, receiving little goodies with the fabric especially something state related reminds me of SWAPS in girl scouts. This is so much fun. I love the giving just as much as the receiving

JABA, Brenda had to tell me who you were since I didn't know your board name. Thank you again for the FQ's, I will definitely be using them to make something....possibly for a Feb SP?
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of my fqs from Jvan228...They came at a great time, as lots of health issues going on with my dh and mom, it really gave me a much needed pick me up! I even did a lil squeal and happy dance when I opened the package.. I love, love, love all of the fabrics, and the little Valentine rubber duckies are darling...they will be perfect for the "love of my life granddaughter"..She is 3, and knows all about Grammy's quilting and fabric...she asked me the other day if I had any penguin fabric? I said I think so...she said, "Lets go look in your fabric store."...I had to laugh, the truth from the mouth of babes...Anyways, when she comes to visit, she usually goes to look where all my fqs are, and she can spot the new ones...she knows I swap fqs every month (the concept of how long a month is, not so sure..lol)...and she "ooohs and aaahhs" over them...I plan to sit the lil rubber duckies with the fqs, for her to spot next time she is here, I will tell her the nice lady who sent me the fabrics sent those, too...So, thanks so much Jvan228!!! Heres pic:
    Name:  069.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  192.8 KB
    Regards,
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Thank You quiltingdragon,I LOVE my fabric!!! You sent so much but i am loving it!

adorable fabric and duckies Kiffie
    Brenda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    mscupid, so glad you liked them. I'm sorry my board name wasn't on there some where, usually put a label right in there. Must have been one of those "dah" moments. Glad you got them okay and can use them.

Quote Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
    Here is a pic of my fqs from Jvan228...They came at a great time, as lots of health issues going on with my dh and mom, it really gave me a much needed pick me up! I even did a lil squeal and happy dance when I opened the package.. I love, love, love all of the fabrics, and the little Valentine rubber duckies are darling...they will be perfect for the "love of my life granddaughter"..She is 3, and knows all about Grammy's quilting and fabric...she asked me the other day if I had any penguin fabric? I said I think so...she said, "Lets go look in your fabric store."...I had to laugh, the truth from the mouth of babes...Anyways, when she comes to visit, she usually goes to look where all my fqs are, and she can spot the new ones...she knows I swap fqs every month (the concept of how long a month is, not so sure..lol)...and she "ooohs and aaahhs" over them...I plan to sit the lil rubber duckies with the fqs, for her to spot next time she is here, I will tell her the nice lady who sent me the fabrics sent those, too...So, thanks so much Jvan228!!! Heres pic:
    Name:  069.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  192.8 KB
    Regards,
    Kif
    You are so Welcome Kiffie. Make sure you tell that little 3 yr old the the lady in Maryland will remember her the next time she gets your name.
    I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.
    Albert Einstein

CONNELLSVILLE, PA your FQ's are out for delivery today!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Teresa, I got them today and loved them. Thanks. Now what to make, so many choices......

This is so much fun. I will be participating next month too.

And making so many new friends with the same interest. What more could you want.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast