Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January to March 2020 Table Runner Swap >

January to March 2020 Table Runner Swap

January to March 2020 Table Runner Swap

Old 04-29-2020, 07:27 AM

It is good to hear that you guys are doing well. Everyone in my family is healthy. I’ve been making masks for family and friends. Also a few to donate. I’ve also kept up with a block of the month sew along (2020 Color Challenge) and a table runner. Here is the table runner in progress.
Attached Thumbnails 7850c96f-5c4c-4b72-8329-efed4a706743.jpeg  
Old 04-29-2020, 03:44 PM

That is beautiful so far beverly.. I've been unpicking flour bags and cleaning them up to make something. I also have an old feather doona that the feathers have all gone to one end. I'm thinking of combining the 2 and making a cover for my camp chair, That should make it cozy for winter camping round camp fire.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:49 PM

m-fay, a cover for your camp chair does sound like a cozy idea. What is a doona? Webster’s Dictionary doesn’t know.....when I google it, a car seat/stroller comes up.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:00 AM

A doona is a stuffed quilt like an eiderdown.. Maybe it's only Australians that call it a doona.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Go ahead Beverly ask her what a eiderdown is. LOL. I don't know what either is. But your runner is starting out pretty Marion.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:48 AM

I'm sitting here chuckling - I had no idea what a doona was either! An eiderdown is a puffy, goose down or similar quilt isn't it? So glad to hear that Caroline & family well during this time! And it's fantastic to finally see some life on this site! I was wondering where everyone had gone to! I was looking for something today (don't remember what now!) in my quilting stuff & same across a card I received with an runner from Rosalyn (R-sea) a couple of years ago maybe. Inside was a handwritten note and the beverage to go with the introduction:
"I'd like to come and visit you
and have a cup of tea,
but as you so far away,
please have this one on me ..."
And yes the beverage was a teabag, Darjeeling Black Tea!

So hey everyone, grab a cup of your favorite & set down for a few & think of all the runner ideas Carolyn is going to want to hear about when we get up and running again!
Old 05-01-2020, 06:34 PM

Lawson, the runner is Beverly and it is looking good. Sue has answered the eiderdown question...now I want to know, what do you call them. And Sue I have made my cuppa, in a mug sent with a table runner from Beverly . (Thanks Bev) I got excited with the night theme TR and this idea popped into my head straight away, loved it so much can't give it away so I made a very different one that I love too and it'll be in next swap. The silhouette is my late husband and we did a lot of beach fishing. The runner in front on the photo is from Anna.i can't do the photo on my phone so I'll send it separately
Old 05-01-2020, 06:40 PM

heres the photo
Attached Thumbnails 20200502_095523.jpg  
Old 05-05-2020, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
heres the photo
And a table runner send by me. Atleast the bottom one with squares. Surprised to see it in the picture but glad you are enjoying it. This is such a fun swap. I am kind of going through a dry patch as far as quilting goes but hopefully soon I will join again. It is fun seeing everyone and their work.

m-fay "The silhouette is my late husband and we did a lot of beach fishing."
It is beautiful and special.

Hugs, Anna

Last edited by Annaquilts; 05-05-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:30 AM

Hey everyone? Are you still here? I'm not sure if everyone is finding themselves kind of distracted, even from quilting, in this current climate of the pandemic & social upheaval! Quilting is usually my safe & comforting place, even in my head, but sometimes its a struggle at the moment. However, today I'm making flying geese (millions of them I think!) for my Unity quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I'm going to try to attach a pic, to show how bored my girls are with these flying geese too!
Anyone know whether our next runners will be due at end of June? or later? Hope everyone has stayed safe & well! What are you creating? Maggie & Zoe grew tired of the multiple trips between the sewing machine & the iron! lol
bored.jpg