Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-06-2015, 02:32 PM

Looks like we are off to a great start for this month. Both packages are really nice. Clever way to make a heart needlecase. At least I got my needlecase done and the pc just needs to be sewn and stuffed. I had 3" of snow today that I had to shovel and it was 12 degrees out. I'm getting more snow tonight into tomorrow and it looks like 5-8. Not happy with that. I may not have to babysit tomorrow so I won't be going out at all.

Everyone keep warm
Old 01-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Pat, I heard people your way will be getting -35 with the wind chill factor.
Darn, that is super cold. stay warm. it's about 15 now,and we have the heat up.
I wish we had a fire place.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

quiltjoey, beautiful needle book and pin cushion. Love the heart fabric.
I love to see the other fabrics that around the country that is not available here.
My partner got hers today. Yipee, (I'm as excited as she was)!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

I just got through resizing pics of the beautiful, handsome Cardinal (redbird) pincushion made by Lynnie. She also made (crocheted) another one of her gorgeous wash cloths. I just love those. I felt like it was Christmas all over again. She sent a very pretty fat quarter which I will have ready for just the right project, and a beautiful ink pen that I have never seen before. You will also see the very pretty, and unique roll type needle case. She is the only person I have ever seen make one. I tried to get a pic of the inside too where I can put so many things in for sewing. I also got a very pretty, and nice written note card. One more thing, but they are already gone which was a little bag of doggie milk bones. lol.. She sent them for my little Bonnie, but the others seen the bag, and they all came up to me. Bonnie got the most though from Aunt Lynnie. Ok I know Lynnie likes pictures so I will try to get some up here. (I know you also can see the pretty fancy pins she put in the needle case)

Thank you so much Lynnie. I love everything you worked on and made for me, and all the other nice things along with those.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504998[/ATTACH]

First pic shows my little Cardinal Bird Boy pincushion, my needle case, and the crocheted wash cloth,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504999[/ATTACH]

2nd picture show all of it together, but at this point the doggie bones are all gone. Lynnie Bonnie and the others, because Bonnie shared says thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505000[/ATTACH]

3rd pic shows the inside of the needle case roll. At one end is a little snow flake she added in, and a little round tuffed pincushion at the other end. Very handy, as well as pretty. Such pretty ribbon to wrap around it. The little boy is looking at it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505001[/ATTACH]

4th pic shows better of the inside.

And I thought Christmas was over. lol... I guess it is never over for those of us on the quilting board.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2410-small-.jpg   100_2409-small-.jpg   100_2413-small-.jpg   100_2418-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JuneBillie; 01-06-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Quiltjoey, that is a very pretty pincushion and needle case you got. So pretty for the upcoming holiday. All the lace trim is so pretty, and a yummy box of candy. Nice package.

Quilty-louise the book would serve for both I think. It is very pretty. Your only problem is you might start getting orders.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

quiltJoey, love the heart pin cush and needlebk. Jaba did a very nice job on them. Lynnie, you did such a good job on the cardinal and roll up needlecase. I used to make them and I used plastic canvas in it and it was stiffer. I like the looks of the softer one you made. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures everyone 's posting.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

I hope everyone stays safe. I seen on the weather channel all the harsh weather many are getting. We will be down about 20 tonight, but tomorrow morning will be our high, and then by tomorrow night below zero with wind chill about -5 or -10 below. In Knoxville it is usually warmer than where we live. We are on top of a mountain so it's always colder.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Susan, so glad you loved your pkg. I love the pen with the crystals on the top.
Little Bonnie will have a belly ache if she ate all the bones.
I love knowing what my partner has, (dog or cat) so I can include a little
something for them sometimes. I'm more excited that Susan loved what I sent
her. Can't wait till next month now. Now...what do I do???
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 PM

quiltjoey thanks for the better pictures of our pincushions and NC from Jaba, you did a better job then I did of showing them off... Lynnie I love the case you made,,, great for carrying sewing stuff when you take them to a meeting with hand things, I bought those honeycombs and haven't started on them yet they are like Hexies, might buy a few hexies to practice on first... We are cold now and colder by Thursday... NOt as bad as the north....
Old 01-06-2015, 06:27 PM

Love all of the goodies being sent. Jaba does a great job. I loved the needle case and pincushion she made me last month. Both matched beautifully. Lynnie I want a pin with my name on it and a roll needle case. Someday you may get my name. I ordered more magazine boards to organize my stash. I have way too much! That will be my winter project. Susan, you always ask about my DD. She has to go Thurs for her yearly ultrasound, hoping all will be ok. She gets so nervous that she feels ill. I'm just believing all is good. I'll let you know the results.