Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm

YEAH!!! Got my box from my wonderful SP....thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You are so very sweet.
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

Red face

Sorry hit post before I was finished. I have my new book in my cookbook holder. I use it for a pattern holder when I am cutting my fabric works really well. Sweetwaterquilts is my SP. Here is a photo of my stuff...hate to say it girls but I made out like a bandit. Whoop! Whoop! Thanks Gail YOU ROCK!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

BTW: My SP's package is going out today! She is a grandma. Hope you enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    jaba - have a sip of polish leroux black berry brandy to chase away the chill on those long cold winter nights.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Just got my name yesterday so SP hopefully I can get it out to you real soon
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    Heard the stats on flu shots on the news last evening...it is not the best vacine around...for seniors it is about 30% effective, for young adults it is more like 60% effective, for little children is was lower. I got mine in October and so far, knock on wood, I am okay. The flu is really hitting the whole country very hard. Take care everyone!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    ATTN SICK State: your pkg will be delivered on MONDAY!!!
    RATS! I thought that was going to be mine! Oh well...still waiting and it is early yet!

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    My last clue, and it is a telling one, but my SP doesn't seem to post on this thread (maybe she just reads?????) is, you have two cats and four dogs. Still haven't seen any clues that shout out "it's me!". Healthy thoughts are going out to all you who may be at risk for that flu. Cross fingers you all will safe

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    RATS! I thought that was going to be mine! Oh well...still waiting and it is early yet!
    What makes you think it's not? You're in the right state.....
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    Beautiful package Vanogay! Wow you hit the motherload! Can't wait to see more packages come in. SP your package will be mailed way NW of me and the temp there tonight is 34 and rain and the same for tomorrow
    Oh goodie!!! Although the sun is shining a bit today...
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Received a fabulous package from Jaba late yesterday. Sure made me smile. I love all the bright and bold items. I received a super pink placemat for my spot at the dinner table. This is great amoung all the males in my home. Everyone will know my spot. I love the hot pads and dish towel. The needle book just blessed me as I have not seen this before. The package was fantastic!!! Thank you Jaba.
    Name:  20130110_161028.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  235.6 KB
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Heard the stats on flu shots on the news last evening...it is not the best vacine around...for seniors it is about 30% effective, for young adults it is more like 60% effective, for little children is was lower. I got mine in October and so far, knock on wood, I am okay. The flu is really hitting the whole country very hard. Take care everyone!

Maybe we should start a new style - QUILTED FACE MASKS!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Maybe we should start a new style - QUILTED FACE MASKS!!!
    Good idea! People vastly underestimate the effects of flu. I got flu in 2000 and ended up in hospital with pneumonia, very poorly indeed.
    Don't know if it's the same for you folks, but a doctor I know told me they're using last year's vaccine. Of course, as the virus mutates, the vaccine is not as effective......
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Hav4boys, so glad you liked your package. It was fun putting all those brights together for you.

Blog Entries
    Well Mscupid...I guess I can't read....I thought it said your pkg was out for delivery on Monday...didn't come to me. I reread and now know it could still be mine and if it is it will ARRIVE on Monday!

Krystyna I love your idea about quilted face masks! I honestly do not know how you come up with such great responses! You make me laugh and that is "heart healthy" according to Dr.Oz!

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Okay... packages are at the post office... so one more set of clues.

SP #1 You like in a city that is also what is left on the table.
    SP #2 You live in a city that sounds like a bouncy meadow.

These were by far the best packages I have put together. Now to anxiously await their arrival to the recipients. :-)
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Just got a good laugh... I noticed when I addressed my packages, both names ended in Real. I thought that odd. DUH, it just dawned on me, the Real belongs on Real Name.... so my two secret pals will get a good laugh when they see how their packages are addressed.

Blog Entries
    Hav4, that is hilarious!! suonds like something I would do. LOL I actually went shopping, all by myself, looking for stuff on my SP lists. One item I thought would be easy, and I cannot find it locally, so I ordered it today. Not sure it will make it in time for this package, but maybe. I sure did have a good time, though. Found a "Sewing Center" that I didn't even know exhisted. I went in to check it out and they were just about to start a meeting. It was a group of ladies that did machine embroydery (sp). They invited me to stay, and I did. The show and tell was to-die for!!! Seeing all the cool stuff they were doing on their machines made me want to learn how to use mine. They do classes there, and I think I will try to find the time to take a couple. Anyone care to Join me?
    I have 2 pals this month. Pal #1has one less grand than I, but the sexes are more evenly divided. Pal #2 measures in metres and has a potentially royal fur baby.

I need the weekend to finish up, but hope to mail by Monday.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Hav4, that is hilarious!! suonds like something I would do. LOL I actually went shopping, all by myself, looking for stuff on my SP lists. One item I thought would be easy, and I cannot find it locally, so I ordered it today. Not sure it will make it in time for this package, but maybe. I sure did have a good time, though. Found a "Sewing Center" that I didn't even know exhisted. I went in to check it out and they were just about to start a meeting. It was a group of ladies that did machine embroydery (sp). They invited me to stay, and I did. The show and tell was to-die for!!! Seeing all the cool stuff they were doing on their machines made me want to learn how to use mine. They do classes there, and I think I will try to find the time to take a couple. Anyone care to Join me?
    I have 2 pals this month. Pal #1has one less grand than I, but the sexes are more evenly divided. Pal #2 measures in metres and has a potentially royal fur baby.

I need the weekend to finish up, but hope to mail by Monday.
    Buslady,

I too have an embrodiary machine I have never used to embrodiary! We have a lot in common.

Hey, Jaba, with your weather report, just to let you know, I won't be coming over to watch the football games - just too cold, sorry. Maybe next year. P.S. neat package you made - pattern for your crocheted squares?
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Sent package to my SP today. She never posts on here but perhaps she reads this thread so I'll leave one last clue: the name of your city is defined as usual, typical, expected.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Vanogay for the dishrags or the hot pads? I'll miss you tomorrow but understand. Snowed and blowed here all day, has stopped right now but suppose to get more tonight and most of the day tomorrow. Forecast says 7 below tonight...
    My other SP got her package yesterday also. So they are both home. Still waiting for the mail to come to my house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    I have one that makes little pies, but I haven't made it yet.

http://www.chitterchatterdesigns.com/files/IPIE.jpg

Oh, that one is cute, too!

Krystyna you made me laugh with the quilted masks! Great idea though. I found out today that our county had lost one person to the flu but there are many in the hospital, mostly elderly. I hate to say this but due to my immune system I can't take the flu shot. So I wash my hands a lot with antibacterial soap and try very hard to say hello instead of shaking someone's hand (I deal with the public). Everyone make sure you have the meds stocked just in case. Oh and awesome packages lately!

These were too cute to resist. I ordered the pattern. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    I have one that makes little pies, but I haven't made it yet.

http://www.chitterchatterdesigns.com/files/IPIE.jpg

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast