Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm

Blog Entries
    Sewdamncute is a jewel of a gal.

(OK. That was a weird phrase)

Great package.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Clueless in Texas still. But I just checked and tomorrow is the last day to mail packages, so perhaps my SP is waiting until the last minute to keep me in suspense. OK -- I'll just be more patient. Hah!
    Patience Is A Virtue is it not? :-)
    clsurz

Quote Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
    I'll try...not so good at this!Attachment 388522
    Sorry that is so large! It was one of my first quilts and it won a blue ribbon! It is still my favorite!
    Oh my goodness that is so beautiful! Love it!
    clsurz

Wow! I cannot believe how much was stuffed into that pre-paid!! Quilty-Louise sent the most fabric I've seen outside a quilt shop!
    Heaps of FQs, cuts, thread, clips, handcream, notebook, notelets, ripper, case and the most adorable hand crafted bookmark and tree ornaments - a very talented lady! I am thrilled to bits - thank you so much for your generosity.

Name:  IMG_0481.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  1.73 MB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    Knitette (Eileen),

I am so happy that you liked what I sent to you. As you where the
    FIRST International (other than a letter) I was not sure what all I
    had to do. SO I went to the PO to talk to them about what/how to
    do a package. What was needed for the customs form etc. The postal
    worker told me I could use the flat rate padded envelope IF I kept the
    weight UNDER 4 pounds thus allowing me to just need to complete the
    "short form" for customs paperwork.

Hope you enjoy your binding clips as much as I do. I sent them to several
    friends and so far I have not heard of any complaints about them. I just
    found out too that they came out with a larger size, so now that will be my
    next "goal" in finding them.

Happy quilting!
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

WOW, nice pkg knitette!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

pkg

Krystyna I can too add! It was me. Got my package today from annt59. A beautiful magnetic notepad, pearly pins, an erasable pen, a foam handle adapter, 14 in 1 gauge,point turner, yum peanut butter M&M's, a new book to read, a pot holder homemade, 2 soft lavender fabrics and a red blender. Fantastic, thank you so much Ann it's a perfect surprise. Name:  DSCF1045.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  1.24 MB

I received my package today from LaQuita. There were several pieces of fabric, a retractable kitty ruler marked in centimeters -- guess I need to brush up on metric measurements -- patterns, a lanyard, calendar, and other goodies. Thank you very much.
    Name:  SP Jan.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  169.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Great packages!! I'm still waiting for mine, but my SP told me already it may be on the mule train.
    Which is fine, since I know it is on its way
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    awesome, i will pm u , as my PO told me i coudl not use the prepaid padded envelope, so look for a pm form me, and now i know keep it under 4 pounds, awesome, i think mine was over 4 but not over 5 so that shoudl not be hard to fix, then i can get it in the mail, so glad

Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Knitette (Eileen),

I am so happy that you liked what I sent to you. As you where the
    FIRST International (other than a letter) I was not sure what all I
    had to do. SO I went to the PO to talk to them about what/how to
    do a package. What was needed for the customs form etc. The postal
    worker told me I could use the flat rate padded envelope IF I kept the
    weight UNDER 4 pounds thus allowing me to just need to complete the
    "short form" for customs paperwork.

Hope you enjoy your binding clips as much as I do. I sent them to several
    friends and so far I have not heard of any complaints about them. I just
    found out too that they came out with a larger size, so now that will be my
    next "goal" in finding them.

Happy quilting!
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Hi everybody, I got my SP package from Knitette, thanks Eileen!!! As you all know Eileen is from Scotland and she has sent some lovely scottish themed items! I received some lovely fat quarters, binder clips, a small whisky flask key chain, a scotty dog key chain, the funniest coaster which reads "If ye belive in love at first sight, Look again when yer sober!", a recipe book, historical scotland playing cards, tea, a scottish treat which has already been eaten and enjoyed, some literature about her lovely city and a nice long letter giving me some history of Scotland and some details about her life in Scotland. Thanks a bunch Eileen, love it all! :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sibi View Post
    Hi everybody, I got my SP package from Knitette, thanks Eileen!!! As you all know Eileen is from Scotland and she has sent some lovely scottish themed items! I received some lovely fat quarters, binder clips, a small whisky flask key chain, a scotty dog key chain, the funniest coaster which reads "If ye belive in love at first sight, Look again when yer sober!", a recipe book, historical scotland playing cards, tea, a scottish treat which has already been eaten and enjoyed, some literature about her lovely city and a nice long letter giving me some history of Scotland and some details about her life in Scotland. Thanks a bunch Eileen, love it all! :-)
    I've just sent you a pm . I am an idiot. It wasn't until you mentioned about the cookbook that I realised - I addressed the parcels to the wrong SPs. You must have thought I'd lost it when I wrote about the dog hair bows for your large Labradoodle. the other SP has a tiny dog.......................

She'll shortly be opening hers and wondering what planet I'm from, never mind country!!

Humblest apologies Sylvia and I'm so glad you liked it anyway!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Well, I finally joined the received group after waiting what seemed like an eternity - it really wasn't, but when you're waiting... Well, got a wonderful package from Cherrio. Seems she was also my table runner swap partner, so it included the table runner she had made for me. Made the wait even better to get two great things. My secret pal package encluded lots of embroidery things - my second hobby is surface embroidery/cross stitching, but don't always give it much. She send me patterns so I have something new to do. Some cute elephant fabric with elephant buttons, a candle, one of those fold-up bags that is about the size of a mug rug before you open it out and use it (then try to refold it, yuk,yuk), more embroidery patterns, a fabric bowl, notepad and pen, yarn, dry erase board, candy...picture is attached - also attached picture of my table runner so you can enjoy that too!!

Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    I received my package today from LaQuita. There were several pieces of fabric, a retractable kitty ruler marked in centimeters -- guess I need to brush up on metric measurements -- patterns, a lanyard, calendar, and other goodies. Thank you very much.
    Name:  SP Jan.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  169.6 KB
    I love thoise bright fabrics,especially the black with bright stars! I am also in love with the kitty tape measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    I've just sent you a pm . I am an idiot. It wasn't until you mentioned about the cookbook that I realised - I addressed the parcels to the wrong SPs. You must have thought I'd lost it when I wrote about the dog hair bows for your large Labradoodle. the other SP has a tiny dog.......................

She'll shortly be opening hers and wondering what planet I'm from, never mind country!

Humblest apologies Sylvia and I'm so glad you liked it anyway!
    That's ok Knitette! I did get your wonderful package this evening and love all of it. Now I must hide that pair of sock and treat from my ten year old granddaughter. Oh also I'm not Sophia but Carol! You put Hola Sophia in your letter. :-)
    clsurz

Blog Entries
    SP your package went out today. That was part 1. Part 2 will be in the mail Monday. You have a beautiful waterfall close to you.

SP Package arrived this evening..........what a pleasant surprise

I love learning about places where other folks live so the materials and wonderful long letter sharing about yourself and your country was the tops. As a young child I did all my traveling reading books and in the 21st century I do it by viewing the Discovery Channel on the Tellie as well as the internet.

Now to hide the pair of socks from my ten year old granddaughter and also the wonderful treats/candies you sent. Yes it taste very good.

Everything is wonderful and I will truly enjoy the teas you added.

Now to figure a project to use the fabric on!

Will also have to hide the pencil and magnet from my granddaughter. LOL

Thank you again! You made my day.

clsurz
    Carol Surzinski
    clsurz

Blog Entries

Box received SP

Tammy B, thank you for the box I received today. Your note card was unique. I received a Washington state thimble and a Washington state mug, along with hot cocoa mix. There was also red valentine socks and green garden gloves which I may also use for quilting. Tammy made me a mug rug along with a red and a red and white mug rug. She also sent a package of Laura Ashley notecards and a ruler gripper. I loved the 2 packages of York peppermint patties, my favorite. I sure did enjoy these surprises.

Last edited by annt59; 01-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

I arrived home tonight from Ft Worth and found the most lovely package from Louette, (lac5387). What a way to be welcomed home, I am going to have a great time with the fabric and goodies. Thank you again LouetteName:  DSCN0273.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  1.47 MB
    Vicki W

Blog Entries
    Above is the second picture of my January Secret Pal. First one was from Secret Santa. I tried to delete but cannot.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Blog Entries
    hi there ladies
    i also was the reciever of a SP package today and got some great stuff, candy, some cool fabric, and red love it with mickey mouse ears, loveit, and pok a dot tray, sissors and cute fat pen, even my little one some wonderful lisa clark bandaids with sitckers, oh boy and she is so sick and she said oh mommy is that my sick present, lol, i took some pics, some golden red fabric that looks like Christmas to me, and i love it, i love it all, and i will be mailing my SP her package on monday, and i will vibe a clue then, but the first clue is she is in the states, thats all for now, more on monday, check out the pics it really was a box stuffed full, i also got a glass light bulb to put things in, so cute, and a few other things but i had to laugh as I LOVE IT LOVE IT, AND HAVE TO MAKE IT, IT IS A PATTERN RECIEPE BOOK that is about a chicken, and i grew up in the south, deep south in La, in the banks of the bayou, and we eat gumbo, it is a part of life from very young along with boiled crawfish, and boudin, but this book is so darn cute , i took a pic of the gumbo page, and if u like whimiscal then u will love this, and looking at the picture of the gumbo think , if it is called Chicken a la king, where is he,,,,,,,,,,,, where else but on his throne, (toliet) lol, oh and one more ,, chickencathatorrie ok think........ my mother had to laugh on this one, he is the catcher at a ball game, wearing a face mask and breast shield and holding a catchers glove, i have to say it make my day, adn i had a not so good day today, and my SP pal is for this lovely box of goodies, is...........Pat W. thank you so much, i love this swap, we all get such cool stuff

SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

I received a wonderful box from VANOGAY!

Last night I came home tired and cold. As I sat down to supper, my husband presented me with a box from VANOGAY.
    It was full of wonderful things! A special bag with many compartments for holding fabric and notions. It contained lovely fabrics, buttons, a souvenir spoon, and a special "Breast Cancer awareness" stick pin. I also received a book, Twizzlers, a measuring gauge, an embroidered panel (with an oriental scene), and a beautiful card!

VANOGAY,
    Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness!

Gaijin

I kind of bummed. I made two awesome SP packages and neither has posted pictures. I heard from 1 SP but she is extremely busy but have not heard from the other. Both packages were received on Monday.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    LOVE IT LOVE IT, AND HAVE TO MAKE IT, IT IS A PATTERN RECIEPE BOOK that is about a chicken, and i grew up in the south, deep south in La, in the banks of the bayou, and we eat gumbo, it is a part of life from very young along with boiled crawfish, and boudin, but this book is so darn cute , i took a pic of the gumbo page, and if u like whimiscal then u will love this, and looking at the picture of the gumbo think , if it is called Chicken a la king, where is he,,,,,,,,,,,, where else but on his throne, (toliet) lol, oh and one more ,, chickencathatorrie ok think........ my mother had to laugh on this one, he is the catcher at a ball game, wearing a face mask and breast shield and holding a catchers glove, i have to say it make my day, adn i had a not so good day today, and my SP pal is for this lovely box of goodies, is...........Pat W. thank you so much, i love this swap, we all get such cool stuff
    Absolutley love it and ordered me a copy. GOing to make that quilt for my MIL. Thanks for sharing.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I kind of bummed. I made two awesome SP packages and neither has posted pictures. I heard from 1 SP but she is extremely busy but have not heard from the other. Both packages were received on Monday.
    I didn't hear from mine for a few days, but she was sick. Lots of people have had the flu, so be patient.

And speaking of being busy, I am drowning in a morass of post-Sandy paperwork with deadlines looming fast and furious -- so overwhelming! So if you haven't received a thank you note from me, it'll be there soon. Thank you to everyone.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast