Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm

Blog Entries
    Don't know how that happened, but someone must have been a Very good girl for the post to get that package through so fast!! I sent it First Class, if that makes a difference! It will be interesting to see, I had 2 iinternational pkgs that went out, the other to Australia. I will have to keep my eye open and see how long that one takes. I am glad you like it all.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    busylady - I shipped a package to Australia for the December Doll Quilt swap and it took between 2-1/2 to 3 weeks to get there. Lynnie25 said it's usually a solid two weeks between the US and Australia.

I'm one of the lucky few - we have a very helpful postal service in our community. They see me coming in every month to ship packages out and the first time I had an international package my postage was $48 and change; I thought wow - never again, I learned the trick to international rates is to keep your package under four pounds.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Nice package Knitette, you're going to love the Havel seam ripper. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs. and it's the only one I use. Very sharp though and it can cut a hole in your fabric real easy, ask me how I know? I want to get another one for sewing upstairs. The blades last forever but let me know if you can't find them in Scotland, I ordered a box of them and would be glad to share.
    Thanks Jaba - we can't get them here. I read some very good reviews, so keen to try it - won't be too long I can tell you...... Here's hoping I don't do myself an injury!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Let me know what you think. Did it come with extra blades?

Blog Entries
    Oh, my! As I read that I thought, now if she cuts herself, is it my fault? LOL LOL LOL It came with 5 blades and you can buy more. Sorry to jump in, but I knew the answer. Ha! I don't often know the answer. Ho Ho. I am gettiang a little punchy. Leaving in a little while for a 2 day training about 3 1/2 hours from home. Yes, it will be work, but it will be "away" and I have needed that. Whop Whop!! Gonna see my dog, and there is a LOT of show there. Going to Cadillac. I know there are some members that live near there. I love that area. YeeeHaaa!!!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I was out sick on Friday and had hoped I would come in today to find a package... no goodie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Well I don't know how she did it, but my package from buslady, posted on the 22nd (tsk! tsk!) arrived in six days which included the weekend! I love everything. In fact Onalee got me everything I asked for. I've told her I'm going to divorce DH and marry her, lol. Thank you.
    Attachment 391286

With regard to the two from December, I think what you folks say is, 'I'm over it'
    Happy for you!!!! what a great package.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    just checked and my SP pkg has been delivered today. Sure hopes she likes it.
    I have not seen any post from my SP if she got her pkg. I was delevered on the 26th.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF OUR JAN. QB FRIENDS! Knitte nice pkg! Krystyna glad you liked the quilt, it was my first friendship block done and it was a pleasure to being a smile to you! Well all had a long day and ready to hit the sack, work tomorrow ! Goodnite !

Blog Entries
    Thank you, nelco. Pkg here, i am out of town. Picture when home. Nook keeps kicking me off.
    Onalee Rose

Blog Entries
    Wonderful packages, everyone! Speaking mail troubles ... aside from the postman not leaving notes that I have something to pick up at the post office, sometimes they leave packages in the parcel bin. There is a bank of small boxes and a few larger ones below. If you have something in one of the bins, they leave a key. A few days ago I got a key. I went to the appropriate bin. It would not turn. I put the key back in my box. He left a note saying to put the key in straight up and turn hard. I tried. No go. Finally my husband went out with a a pair of pliers. He put the key in and had to use pliers to open it! More than a little crazy, I think. I'd rather walk to the post office!

Yesterday was not a good day. I woke up after having a nightmare that included every person in the family -- down to the dogs -- one ate pins and the other ate all my quilts!!! Then the fun continued with FEMA and Verizon. We had the Verizon triple play - phone, TV and internet. When I called to have it shut off they told me that if I purchased a domain I could keep my email addresses, which would be terrific. So I did. The only problem is that they never shut off the service and I kept getting bills including a final-before-shut off of $450!!!! Well, after THREE hours on the phone -- including a transfer to someone in India -- I finally managed to get the phone and television shut off but they weren't sure how to turn off the internet without eliminating my email. I had to call the domain people -- who are different from Verizon -- and they said everything was set up and give me instructions about telling them what to shut off and what to leave on. So that will be another three hours today.

Then ... I just read that FEMA inspectors are arriving in the city today to do inspections for the ICC program -- they give you $30,000 to raise your house or to build a foundation that will raise a new one. Now the good trick of the day will be trying to get the building department on the phone to see if I need a second inspection or not.

I am dreading the SBA loan process. Someone I know just went through it and said they kept asking for documentation that she provided several times prior. I am not at all sure how this will play out, but she nearly lost her mind. (Is there a lost and found for minds?)

Well, onto more mundane tasks ... walking the dogs and doing the laundry.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Krystyna I am so sorry you have to go through this and try to keep sane! Hugs and prayers going your way!

Blog Entries
    Oh Krystyna...what a nightmare for you! Thoughts are headed your way though I can't imagine how that could help.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Thanks, ladies.

One task down - found the number for ICC and learned it is a secondary claim on my flood insurance which means my blood sucking lawyer will get 12% of it. @#%!!

Task Two Down - Final tax forms to the SBA by fax.

Oops! There goes the alarm. Time to go to the laundry room.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Kinette what a great package. Buslady is so nice and sweet.

Krystyna, anything government is a PITA! Just hang in there and toss monkeys at them if nothing else.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    My daughter used to have a t-shirt that read:

"In my next lifetime I want to come back as a monkey so I can fling poop at the people who pi$$ me off"
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Dabbler that is too cute and I 'm going to use that saying sometime!

Blog Entries
    While we are waiting, want to see what I'm working on? Truer colors on close up. Trying to decide whether to keep the circles or take them off.
    Name:  IMG_0294.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  1.00 MB Name:  IMG_0292.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  1.07 MB

Blog Entries
    Wow Fayzer, that is a really neat quilt...I vote for the circles!
    Krystyna....I don't even know what to say! Maybe changing a needle will help??
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I like the circles too. Let's my eye wander and look for more.

Blog Entries
    Im still waiting guess there was a mix up
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Whew Hope I remember everything after 4 or 5 pages.
    Knitette what is the case like thing that has a sewing machine with JoAnn, I haven't ever seen that.
    quilting dragon thanks for the link it was a very nice song, I enjoyed it.
    Krystyna, I'm getting ready to go to bed but I'll say a special prayer for you that you have a peaceful sleep, maybe tomorrow you will get someone in fiji to take your call. I think the "lost and found for minds" is in timbuktu. Some days I lose mine but I just wait for it to show up back at home. And wishing you lots of extra luck to get through all the hoops relatively unscathed.
    One thing I have learned about international shipping each country is different and it isn't necessarily the same amount of time even when the language is English. And if it isn't English it will be in the delivery depot until someone translates the address so the postal system there can handle it.
    I can't think if there was anything else I planned to say, nor keep my eyes open so have to go find a bed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    While we are waiting, want to see what I'm working on? Truer colors on close up. Trying to decide whether to keep the circles or take them off.
    Name:  IMG_0294.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  1.00 MB Name:  IMG_0292.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  1.07 MB
    Hm, I guess I'm the vote on no circles. It distracts me. I love the rest though
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    Knitette what is the case like thing that has a sewing machine with JoAnn, I haven't ever seen that.
    The cute little buttons were it. It's lined with black 'velvet' and is just the perfect size for my new packets of Easy Thread needles that I use for pulling though those pesky appliqué threads

Fayzer - I'm with reeskylr - no circles for me either.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

circles? yes!
    Beautiful quilt.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast