Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST >

January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST

January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST

Old 12-23-2015, 06:42 AM

I am really lost here. I am new to these swaps. What are we swapping? Need help here before I sign up.
Thanks all
Old 12-23-2015, 08:19 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Clmay View Post
I am really lost here. I am new to these swaps. What are we swapping? Need help here before I sign up.
Thanks all
You'll get a list of things that your swap partner likes and doesn't like. You'll put together a package based on that. Read the intro post by Lori on the first page.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Hope you sent your message to Lori too!
Opps, where is my mind at. Yes I sent the PM to Lori. It must be the holidays, too much to do and not enough time to do it all in.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Thanks all
This swap is a lot of fun. I actually look forward to it each month. As you can see from the front page Lori has a really good questioner that she asks everyone to complete. Also, as she mentions the more information you give the easier it is for your swap partner. Personally I do try to get the person their most wanted, which usually is the $10 cash limit item, then I go digging into my stash. I always buy a lot of stuff when JoAnns have their 60% notion all sale so I may throw in some sewing machine needles, pins, bobbin boxes, thread, whatever I have just lying around. Then I dig into my stash and try to include some fabrics in their favorite colors. I always have patterns, or magazines, lying around that I can add to the package. Then I also try to make something personal. I have the perfect idea for my swap partners and am planning on using some of my time off to make up a bunch of these so I have them all done for the swaps.

Also you may want to check out the past swaps to see pictures of some of the boxes people are receiving. This would give you a really good idea of what is being exchanged.

Hope you join us. We need some new blood in the swap.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:27 AM

Thanks all
Here's a link to September's swap. If you scroll back and forth through that month's swap pictures you'll get an idea of what people send. The rules are simple - spend $10 on something you think your pal will like. It doesn't have to be the thing they'd like the most (never usually is in my case as often I can't get it here, lol).

Anything you make is not counted in the $10 and people do send extra stuff from their stash and re-gift items they've received from past swaps, but you don't have to. People who've been in the swap a while know to buy sale items and use coupons. Hope you join in!
Old 12-25-2015, 06:41 PM

I was out for a couple of months just too much going on in life outside of the "board". Just sent Lori my survey so looking forward to January swap.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:18 AM

I'm in, Lori - sending info.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

I am signing up again. Hope Lori has received my information. BrendaK
Old 12-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Power Poster

I haven't participated in any swaps for a couple years so hadn't even read this one... ( my loss I see) I would like to start the new year getting involved again.
So, pm on the way with all the pertinent information.
One question.... If I make this my ( all year long) swap-- do I have to resend all the information each month, or once you have it will you carry it over month to month unless I send an update?
Just wondering.
Pm following soon.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
One question.... If I make this my ( all year long) swap-- do I have to resend all the information each month, or once you have it will you carry it over month to month unless I send an update?
Just wondering.
Pm following soon.
Welcome to the swap! It's a lot of fun. You have to send your info to Lori every month. Some people also choose to have more than one partner.