Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm >

January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm

January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm

Old 01-02-2014, 10:17 AM

Nope Haven't gotten my name yet.

Yesterday afternoon, my daughter and I went to Walmart and naturally the fabric section is the first place to go and thats exactly where we went (actually that was why we went we needed tule to make TuTus for the Color Run 5K Marathon in May that were going to do) So, there is a lady at the cutting counter marking down some fabrics. So I had to check them out. She was marking Christmas Flannel down to yes you will read this right 86 cents a yard!!!! I got a couple yards of a bunch of them. Not sure what I will use them for but maybe I will put them in a Secret Pal Package. Happy New Years Everyone.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Nice find airwick. Was lucky a few years ago and found flannel on sale also bought almost all they had used it for backings of quilts.
Prayers to all our members who might be getting bad weather the next couple days.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 PM

I have finished with the names, if you don't have one send me a pm, remember to send me a pm when you mail and when you receive so you can play next month! I am not in it this month.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 AM

Lori, I sent you a PM, as I haven't received my name.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 AM

I got my name and she isn't as cold as I am here in lovely Michigan. -10 this AM....bummer. had to get new puter last week and am having a fight with windows 8....lovely little bitch LOL Happy New Year everyone
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 AM

Yepppp, got my name, thank you so much Lori. "my'SP writes often here, so that makes it easier to find some goodies for her. In her info I saw her least favorite fabric is my favorite LOL. But I allready got some ideas.
Hint: my package is going across the ocean LOL.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
Nope Haven't gotten my name yet.

Yesterday afternoon, my daughter and I went to Walmart and naturally the fabric section is the first place to go and thats exactly where we went (actually that was why we went we needed tule to make TuTus for the Color Run 5K Marathon in May that were going to do) So, there is a lady at the cutting counter marking down some fabrics. So I had to check them out. She was marking Christmas Flannel down to yes you will read this right 86 cents a yard!!!! I got a couple yards of a bunch of them. Not sure what I will use them for but maybe I will put them in a Secret Pal Package. Happy New Years Everyone.
wowwww, you did great on the flannel airwick, I wouldn't hesitate either if I saw an offer like that, what's better in winter than cuddle under a flannel quilt?
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 AM

I haven't been in for the last few months, decided to start again and missed the sign up. Will try to watch more carefully for next month.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM

Missed the signups also. Been so busy with the Holidays and my sister was in a car accident, but she is home now and just recovering, they were very blessed! My DD and Grandkids left yesterday to stay a few days with her in laws, my SIL is in Afghanistan. Still have to start taking down all my Christmas decorations. But will keep up with everyone and get in on the signups next month! Did everyone get all their sewing done they wanted to over the Holidays? I know I didn't but think I will after all the clean up is done! Happy belated New Year and everyone have a great day!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 AM

I had to get a new computer last Tuesday. I have the same feelings about Windows 8.

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
I got my name and she isn't as cold as I am here in lovely Michigan. -10 this AM....bummer. had to get new puter last week and am having a fight with windows 8....lovely little bitch LOL Happy New Year everyone