Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close December 30 at 8 PM  Come join the fun!!! >

January Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close December 30 at 8 PM Come join the fun!!!

January Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close December 30 at 8 PM Come join the fun!!!

Old 01-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Sending mine out tomorrow. It has a long way to go.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:19 AM

Default Update

My surgery happened on Tuesday. Apparently I have more than the average veins in my neck and required a transfusion. I the process of removing bone growth from my spine, the dura over the spinal chord was punctured and repaired. My bed has been at 30 degrees or more to help it heal. The drainage was tested yesterday and it was determined I still have a leak and will be having surgery again today. I am bummed but know it needs repaired as a case a meningitis would not be good.

Just wanted to keep posted.

Kathy
Old 01-10-2020, 07:21 AM

Wow! Just keep healing and we'll all be here when you get back. Here's hoping once the surgeries and healing are done, you will be dancing in the streets. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
My surgery happened on Tuesday. Apparently I have more than the average veins in my neck and required a transfusion. I the process of removing bone growth from my spine, the dura over the spinal chord was punctured and repaired. My bed has been at 30 degrees or more to help it heal. The drainage was tested yesterday and it was determined I still have a leak and will be having surgery again today. I am bummed but know it needs repaired as a case a meningitis would not be good.

Kathy
Old 01-10-2020, 10:00 AM

Kathy
Sending happy thoughts for a quick recovery and that everything goes smoothly with the second surgery.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:02 AM

I sort of cheated.... My secret pal's package will be arriving at their home tomorrow because Amazon has one day delivery for Prime where she lives. Man I miss living in a place that had one day delivery for Prime.... Rural South Dakota you have to wait a week no matter what!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:48 AM

Kathy
will be sending healing thoughts your way!
Old 01-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Love and prayers coming to you. Hope you are feeling better soon. We all will be waiting for you.

Hugs,
BrendaK
Old 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Today I received a fat package stuffed full of all sorts of goodies from Gaijin! I will post photos tomorrow when I have better light.
It's like Christmas all over again!
Old 01-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Here is the lovely pile of goodies I received from Gaijin this month! Yeah! I figured out how to add attachments in the new system!!). Click on the thumbnails to get a full screen image.
Attached Thumbnails sp1-jan-2020.jpg   sp2-jan-2020.jpg   sp3-jan-2020.jpg  
Old 01-13-2020, 07:10 AM

MizMelly thank you for the lovely package. The fabrics are very lovely and cheerful. As soon as I get a picture I will post it. Thank you so much. I love the fabric heart.