Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes) >
  • July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes)

• July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes)

Old 08-07-2010, 05:44 AM

Here is my quilt from Lavandula....thanks so much, it is really different, love it. That card was really special, can't see much of it in the picture but handmade from a childs drawing...Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-92987.jpe  
    Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 AM

Glad it finally got there, Linda! Thanks again for swapping with me. :-D
    Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM

LindaR, that's a cute little quilt you received. The fabric has interesting patterns in it and that is a neat way to quilt it, in circles. I like to see people try different things and see how they work. I like the way the lines of the different fabrics take you from the top left edge of the quilt across to the right center and back again down to the left. The white really draws your eyes that way, and the darker red takes one back to the bottom right and grounds the quilt. So neat, lavandula girl! That little quilt is a winner!!!
    Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Brenda, you do such beautiful work with your DQ's. My daughter plays dolls with the doll quilt you made for her all the time. And I enjoy mine so much. I hope your partner posts something soon. Sometimes life gets in the way...maybe that's why it's taking a little longer for her to contact you. Big hugs!
    Originally Posted by BrendaB
    I hope my partner got the DQ I sent. I haven't heard anything and don't get to check every day right now, as I am out of town, but I haven't seen anything about it. It has tracking. My partner last month did not post a picture but sent a PM. Hope everything is okay with my partner and that she likes the DQ. I always feel like my skills are not good enough or maybe I didn't do a good enough job until I hear if the recipient actually is pleased. I know life gets in the way and I will be patient. :-) Everyone's DQs are so special again this month.
    Old 08-08-2010, 07:37 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
    Brenda, you do such beautiful work with your DQ's. My daughter plays dolls with the doll quilt you made for her all the time. And I enjoy mine so much. I hope your partner posts something soon. Sometimes life gets in the way...maybe that's why it's taking a little longer for her to contact you. Big hugs!
    Originally Posted by BrendaB
    I hope my partner got the DQ I sent. I haven't heard anything and don't get to check every day right now, as I am out of town, but I haven't seen anything about it. It has tracking. My partner last month did not post a picture but sent a PM. Hope everything is okay with my partner and that she likes the DQ. I always feel like my skills are not good enough or maybe I didn't do a good enough job until I hear if the recipient actually is pleased. I know life gets in the way and I will be patient. :-) Everyone's DQs are so special again this month.
    Thank you for your concern. It all worked out. I PM'd her and she has had a very hectic August. I told her not to worry about posting, just was worried that she may not like it. She said she loved it, so now I'm a happy camper. :-) I'm so glad you and your daughter are enjoying the DQs. It was a lot of fun making them for you both. I will have to sit out August. I'm visiting my son and his family in PA for a few weeks and have no sewing accommodations. Besides, it is all I can do to work from here and still have time to enjoy my family. It will be worth the effort. Hope to be back in September. :-) I will be checking occasionally to see everyone's DQs. You are such a great partner. Whoever gets you will be thrilled. I'm still loving the DQ you sent me. It is so special! You did a beautiful job on it and some day, maybe I will try that pattern too. See, you are also an inspiration! :-) Big Hugs.
    Old 08-08-2010, 08:37 AM
    Power Poster

oops.
    Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 AM
    Power Poster

laparshall and I opened each other's packages yesterday while on the phone to each other. What a great conversation we had! And what a wonderful little quilt she made for me. She wanted to save on fabric, so blocks are only 2.5 " finished and not PP! LOL My DIL already wants it. We chose to do rwb colors.

Looks great, doesn't it!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93746[/ATTACH]

And her label
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93747[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-93741.jpe   attachment-93742.jpe  
    Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Laparshall that is an adorable quilt,oksewglad you got a winner. Wow to I have a beautiful quilt to look forward to this month, Laparshall is my partner for August.
    Old 08-08-2010, 01:36 PM

This is the beautiful quilt that Oksewglad made for me. We had a wonderful conversation on the telephone while we did our swap. This is Gladie's Stepping Stones pattern, done is CW repo fabrics. Not sure if you can see the scalloped quilting. This is a pattern that she has created herself. I look forward to seeing Gladie's other patterns. Please let us know when you are open for business.

The back is a beautiful fabric by one of Oksewglad's favorites, Nancy Halvorson. I am not familiar with her work, but I do know that it has a rich, pretty color with wonderful angels. Her label is just tacked on in the corners so it is movable so that I will be able to use this quilt at Christmas also. Bonus: Two holidays in one. This is a very beautiful quilt and welcome addition to my collection.

Great swap partner. Thanks so much Gladie.

Stepping Stones
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93871[/ATTACH]

Great label
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93872[/ATTACH]

Back Nancy Halvorson fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93873[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-93866.jpe   attachment-93867.jpe   attachment-93868.jpe  
    Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Oh yeah, and then there are the patriotic post cards, along with the 2" (1.5" finished) 9 patch blocks which Oksewglad has challenged me to come up with a spring quilt using them. That is going on my TO DO list now. I'll post pictures when I come up with something. Does anyone have some tweezers??. . . They are so tiny. So much fun.

Post cards & mini blocks 1.5 finished
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]93874[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-93869.jpe