Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    Judy,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Special thoughts for her and your
    family.

Sorry if I have not been "talkative" much life is still on a slow pace and I am
    still trying to adjust to the fact that both my parents now gone. I keep waiting
    for my phone to ring and it being dad asking me "when are you coming by again"?

My heart and special thoughts go out to anyone that is sick, not feeling well or has
    family members who are ill.

On a side note for those of you who knows/remembers Mary "havplenty" I sent
    her an email a few days ago and she answered me. Told me to tell everyone she
    said HI and that she misses you and the swaps.
    Since she moved all her sewing stuff (machines and such) is still packed in storage
    so she hasn't been able to sew.

She also misses doing the swaps.

She is going to try and stop in here some day to say hi to everyone.

Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Please say Hi back to Mary from Mary. She is missed here.Hope she is doing well. Thanks Louise,and hang in there yourself.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Judy My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter!

Sent my pkgs out Monday so you should be getting yours today or tomorrow!!!!!

Judy - thinking of you and your family.

Louise - hope things are not too bad.

Mary - we've missed you! Krystyna too!

Warm wishes to all my SP pals.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    I received my pkg!! It is awesome! even the box it came in BUT I cant figure out how to post pictures!!!!! says look for the framed tree icon?? ?? Help!

Blog Entries

My swap!!

Oh My goodness I cant say enough! Wonnie you made my birthday!! Even though its not for a couple days!! I love I can even reuse the box!!! I'm all about reusing!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Great package. Thanks for posting a pic.

Mailed my SP her package today. I sure hope she likes it. I have ordered a new computer. It is being built. Hope to have it next week. Can't wait. Then I can post pictures again.

Power Poster
    Judy so sorry to hear bout your daughter, prayers.
    great package you received pattie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    Life once again has gotten in the way...but today I am getting a lot done..about half way with the assembly of the quilt for my grandson who will be here in September! OH and SP you will be getting a gift from AMAZON..it is the book that you really wanted...I hope that is the one that you wanted...there are three different ones of the book. But it is on the way!
    Hum-m-m. Wonder if you could be my SP. I have book I really wanted. Time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Judy, just read back through the posts. My prayers are with your daughter and your and your family.

Blog Entries
    I mailed my package yesterday...waaaay up north!
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Dear SP,
    I was out today with a friend and I got some fabrics in the colors that you like so I got them for ya. I'm trying to make a something that you collect but I'm dealing with several doctor appt. this week... but I'm trying really hard to get it done.

There no pitter-patter of fuzzy feet in your household.
    You are really south of me and your zip code adds up to 13.
    You enjoy the same type books that I do.

Sincerely,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

paintmejudy praying for you and your daughter And family

Judy....so sorry to hear about your daughter. I will pray for you and your family. May God bless you and give you strength during this most difficult time.
    Sylvia

Blog Entries
    Paintmejudy..hope all turns out well for your daughter..prayers for her and all your family.
    Havplenty...miss you very much..hope you are sewing again very soon.
    Louise..so sorry for you..prayers for you and your family.
    Quercus Reuba..hope you are feeling better.

My package was mailed yesterday..should get there on Thursday. I made you something you asked for and I was not happy with the results. I promise another will be made soon and I will replace that one. Still running to Mom on a daily basis though I am not sure she even knows who I am..still she smiles when I get there.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Will be mailing my SP gift tomorrow going east of me. Should have it by Monday or Tuesday

Good morning all. Louise glad to see you are ok despite of your loss. It will take time but we're here for you. Paniacs I love the box! I have most of Susan Winget boxes myself that I used for organizing. I even posted a thread on it. I went to Joanns and seen the new fall boxes and love them. Wonnie you really outdid yourself on this one and it looks great! Have fun with it Paniacs! My SP box will go out tomorrow. Don't worry Lori I will send you a pm! Everyone have a great and safe day!

Good morning everyone. Sending prayers and hugs to all those who are suffering with illness, loss of a loved one, and everything in between.

I received my July SP from verna2197 yesterday (Wednesday) and it was a great pkg. Stuffed to the gills with lots and lots of "goodies" for me and my dog Roxie. Thanks so much Verna for putting together such a wonderful package just for me. Hugs. So here is what I received.

Name:  July 2013 SP Pkg 1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  66.7 KB 4 beautiful fabrics totaling 1/2 yds. Name:  July 2013 SP 02.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  1.73 MB A set of 6 Christmas coasters Name:  July 2013 SP 03.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  1.44 MB A 12 oz. package of Dunkin Donuts coffee Name:  July 2013 SP 06.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  1.74 MB A package of 4 Pip Squeaks Markers Name:  July 2013 SP 05.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  73.3 KB A new shower cap ( I can find many uses for this) Name:  July 2013 SP 07.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  159.5 KB pot holder/hot pad
    Patsy

OK here are the last of the pics of my July 13 SP.

Name:  July 2013 SP 08.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  137.4 KB Isn't this a really cute little purse with all the buttons on it. I love it. Name:  July 2013 SP 09.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  107.1 KB a mag, a quilt pattern and several free pattern sheets and a roll of beautiful pink ribbon.

Name:  July 2013 SP 04.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  115.5 KB My dog Roxie will sure enjoy this wonderful assortment of treats.

I made an error on the fabric, there were 5 pieces, red/aqua/blue floral/lt olive green and a soft pale yellow.
    Thanks again Verna for all the wonderful items and the really nice note.
    Pat
    Patsy

Very nice swaps coming in again. Thanks sooo much for posting pictures.I really enjoy them.Hugs Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    I received my SP package today from ladybug1938 and WOW it was like christmas...just kept pulling things out...asked for thin straight pins and got those, magazines, quilt and golf LOL, coffee, 5 FQ's in gorgeous colors, dog threads (YOYO saiys thanks) clippies, and packed all in a red/white checked carryall...love it...she now lives in Fl but used to live in Oscoda, Michigan that is 17 miles north of me. A Michigan girl. you can see in the picture that I missed naming something but lovedit all thanks Ladybug...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Just wanted to post a note that everyone that is sick, or has/had a loss you are all in my prayers. I have just gotten caught up on posts so I am a little late. Everyone is in my heart.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Oh my...couldn't believe it...I got Painiac for a SP swap and, lo and behold, today I raced back to my car from the post office and ripped open my package as soon as the door slammed behind me and....it was from....Painiac!!!!! We were each others secret Pals. What fun! I will have to discribe the goodies because.....my printer's light is on, control panel says it's ready, can change the format.....IT JUST WON"T PRINT!!!! SO frustrating.
    1.) a Fern Michaels novel....Kentucky Rich
    2.) Hexagon Star Templates by Omnigrid.....love it! have the half hexi by MSQC but not the full size and this hexi
    is 3 1/2" so would be great for SO many things
    3.) the Spring copy of Quilts and More.........didn't have....YEAH!...now I do!
    4.) 4 flannel coasters
    5.) a scratch pad she made.....gotta' get the pattern
    6.) my most favorite in the whole world tea...EARL GRAY!!!
    7.) pattern by Country Threads for basket blocks of Log Cabins
    8.) patterns for Arrowhead quilt and Dragon Screen
    9.) 3 fat quarters
    10) 2 remnants, one pink plaid, one kelly green plaid and a few scraps......I applique
    11) ....and a partridge in a pear tree....NO, JUST KIDDING ABOUT THIS LAST ONE!!! :-)

Thank you so much, Painiac!

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    PaintmeJudy: My heart aches for you and your daughter. I can't begin to imagine how frustrated and helpless you must feel right now. Please know that there are so many of us sending our prayers and thoughts and best wishes your way. Praying you hear good news over the next few days.

My overstuffed bubble pouch was sent out Tuesday to a relative new-comer (less than a year) to the Board and the swap. Hope you like what I sent. Your questionnaire was rather vague and your Board profile non-existent. Please, folks, try to put lots of info on Lori's questionnaire -- We want to learn more about you, what you like to do, where you live, etc. Getting tired of sending out the same generic things every month. This swap is about connecting with someone and making a new friend, not just getting and giving. We want to know more about you rather than just "yes" and "no" or "anything" answers. It's hard to connect with someone when the only thing you know is whether or not they smoke or prefer coffee over tea. Under the "extra info" it would be nice if you could say what kind of quilting you do, large or small projects, traditional or contemporary, avid quilter or just occasional, paper piecing?, string?, applique?scrap? Do you like to cook? Do comfort quilts or charity quilts? Make baby quilts? Dabble in totes and purses? Play tennis, golf, go boating, jog, swim, have grandkids you do projects with? Farm, raise livestock, bake, put up canned or preserves .... what do you do when you are not in front of the sewing machine? ANYTHING extra would be appreciated. Please??? (And, yeah, I've been in this swap since it started so yes, just sending and not getting to know a person better is boring when I'd rather send a more customized package and feel like I've touched someone's life a little.) Lori, once again you have my utmost respect for the way you handle what is probably one of the more difficult swaps. You've stuck by us thru sickness and in health. Thank you for your dedication, time, and skills in keeping things moving and people happy.
    Last edited by Nancy in Louisiana; 07-11-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast