Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 2018 Mug Rug Swap

July 2018 Mug Rug Swap

July 2018 Mug Rug Swap — You can choose from any of these national days that are happening in July. I just want us to have some fun this month instead of doing the normal holidays of July.

World UFO day (2 July)
    National Bikini day (5 July)
    National Kitten day (10th)
    National lollipop day(20th)
    National lipstick day (29th)

Welcome to the July 2018 Mug Rug Swap! This month’s theme is: Choose from one of the holidays in the list above.

Signup begins; 23 June 2018
    Signup closes: 30 June 2018 at midnight
    Mail by dates: International 10 July 2018/ all others 20 July 2018 these dates are firm.

What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to place a cup of coffee, tea or soda on, along with a small snack plate/napkin beside it. It’s approximately 9”x8” or larger so both items will fit. Please do not make it smaller than 9”x8” as that is quite small for both items as it is!

1. You will be assigned a partner. This is not a secret pal swap. Each partner will contact the other partner for addresses. Choose a holiday and make a beautiful Mug rug for your partner, lets make it a surprise this month, I can’t wait to see how you all turn that theme into a special mug rug? This is where you get to be creative. Raid your stash (or go shopping!) & get really creative! Will you make something abstract, realistic or whimsical? Will you appliqué or paper-piece or just go with regular piecing? This months creation is totally up to you!
    2. It must be made with 100% quilter’s cotton, with a nice cotton batting in between to protect furniture from possible damage due to heat/cold. Use a binding method you are comfortable with, or practice & learn a new binding technique! Also, the mug rug must be quilted. Remember, this is a gift you are making for someone. Be proud of your work & do your best. And be kind about what you receive. If you have any issues, please work it out with your partner first, before contacting me; communication is key. This board is for all of us to make friends & have fun.

3. You must send your name, address and phone number to me, Armylady2012, by June 30th. Deadline to send out swaps is July 20th & International is 10 July 2018 don’t forget to send me notice (with tracking number) that you have sent to your partner. Any delays must be shared with me prior to this date. I want everyone to receive a partner’s trade. We should not have to request angels. Again, communication is important. You can be forgiven if something comes up & you notify your partner & me prior to the end of your swap mail date requirement. But if you don’t communicate & don’t send out a mug rug to your partner, you will be locked out of swapping with this group and negative feedback will insure other swap groups know you didn't send.

4. You are free to include little gifts with your mug rug, handmade or store-bought; it’s up to you. But you are only obligated to send a mug rug. Nothing else is required in this swap.

5. Any questions? Contact me immediately and I will help get you started.

6. Please take a photo before you ship your package to your partner, just in case she cannot post a photo. We all want to see photos! But don’t post it until you know your partner has received your package & that she is unable to post a photo.

7. Also, please let me know if you can mail internationally! This is important, as we have quite a few international swappers who want to join us, & I don’t want anybody to be left out. So if you can ship internationally — even just one time — that would make it more fun for our overseas & Canadian swappers!

Have fun!

Sign Up Today! Send me a PM with your name, address & phone number for emergency use only. Names will be given out on July 1st,. You are required by the board to send things you sign up for, or risk not having the ability to swap again in other swaps. Again, per board rules, anything about your partner or the item they swap to you that does not please you is not to be posted on the board but sent in a PM to me or to your partner to sort out. It’s polite and it’s the right thing to do.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-23-2018 at 11:39 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Count me in for July.
    Snownannie

Been awhile, I’ll do the July swap.
    Cosy
    A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever
    http://www.cosyquilt.com

Count me in, please.

I would love to do a mug rug!
    Linda ^i^

Sent my info

I think I better sit this one out, except for kitties, no ideas come to mind and if my partner wanted lollipops, what would I do? Will check back for August swap.

Blog Entries
    While I had planned to join in July, I will be working at the County Fair all next week. I will look forward to joining the fun in August as well!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

i'm new to the Quilting Board and would like to participate in the July 2018 Mug Rug exchange.

Hi Everyone ! I am new to the board an would love to do the mug rug exchange for the month of July!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain View Post
    I think I better sit this one out, except for kitties, no ideas come to mind and if my partner wanted lollipops, what would I do? Will check back for August swap.
    Lilrain it is your choice of what you make it is to be a surprise for your partner so If you would like to participate just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jhr58 View Post
    i'm new to the Quilting Board and would like to participate in the July 2018 Mug Rug exchange.
    Welcome to the swap, I am sure you will enjoy yourself and if you have any questions please feel free to ask this is a really great group of ladies and they all are willing to help out if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sew_Pink View Post
    Hi Everyone ! I am new to the board an would love to do the mug rug exchange for the month of July!
    Welcome to the swap, I know you will enjoy it and if you have any questions please feel free to ask here the ladies will answer or I will.

Ladies this is the participation list there is still time to signup if you haven't already.

July Mug Rug Participation list
    Cosy
    dotcomdtcm
    Sew_Pink
    Jhr58
    Dharen7
    Kwyltaholic
    Jodiecoyote
    Snownannie
    Mpepperm37

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Armylady2012, it's not that I don't want to, trust me, but I think I better wait another month and see how this chemo and radiation goes. I know that I am extremely tired and it will only get worse before it gets better but if the outcome is I'm cancer free in 6 to 8 weeks it's going to be worth it. I think I had better bide my time for now but I will be back and participating again. You are doing a great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Armylady2012, it's not that I don't want to, trust me, but I think I better wait another month and see how this chemo and radiation goes. I know that I am extremely tired and it will only get worse before it gets better but if the outcome is I'm cancer free in 6 to 8 weeks it's going to be worth it. I think I had better bide my time for now but I will be back and participating again. You are doing a great job!!
    Jaba we all miss you but I am sure everyone will agree that your health and you taking care of yourself right now is more important, I will be praying that the cancer will be gone in 6 to 8 weeks and that you will be feeling better and that you can come and play with us again, Please, Please take care of yourself.

Jaba - sending healing and good vibes your way.

July Mug Rug Partner list
    Cosy- dharen7
    dotcomdtcm- Kwyltaholic
    Sew_Pink- Snownannie
    jhr58- mpepperm37
    Jodiecoyote- Armylady2012

Ok ladies here you are, make sure to contact your partners for mailing info and any suggestions of what they may like to receive. Keep me updated last month went very well so lets keep the swap going.

Myself and Jodie have exchanged info. Excited to see what everyone creates for their partner this month.

Have sent my info to Cosy. Waiting to hear back from her.

I sent PM to jhr58.

Update: jhr58 and I have connected. Looking forward to another fun swap.

Thank you... I just made a sample one for myself and had so much fun doing it. It was not perfect but it turned out socute. Now I am ready for the real one. I'm a lot more confident with it too! I am going with National Kitten Day...This should be interesting...

I asked my partner what she wanted, and now I see I am supposed to surprise her... duh. I am good at surprises!!
    Stay tuned!
    Dotty in NYC

July mug rug swap

Here is my tease for sew-pink. Hope she likes it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Snownannie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast