Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! >

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

LOVE the pink flamingos!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 10:08 AM

I just received my wonderful swap from Robin. I got a really nice camper mug rug, vintage sewing fabric, an embroidered table cloth, post card from her state and one from Sturgis, SD, some raspberry tea, and a nice note. The camper is just too cute. Thanks so much Robin
Attached Thumbnails july-2015-mug-rug-swap-004.jpg   july-2015-mug-rug-swap-006.jpg   july-2015-mug-rug-swap-007.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 01:23 PM

nhnative -- Cute camper mug rug & vintage tablecloth! Love those FQs & postcards!
Old 07-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Love that camper MR - cute, cute, cute! Fat quarters are always such a welcome "extra"

Thanks for the Pink Flamingo compliments . . . sort of whimsy for summertime fun destinations . . .
Old 07-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

BEAUTIFUL mug rug by Robin! And who (board name, please) is Robin? Very talented lady! The redwork on that tablecloth is so pretty. What a treasure that is, too!

I recognize the applique on the MR as raw edge applique (I think...) but was wondering if the black thread used to create all the defining lines was a special, heavier thread-- or just regular black thread. It was very effective.

What a great swap!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:07 PM

Hi,
It is Robinlee, I used regular cotton black thread and stitched twice. As to the Sun bonnet Sue is a dish towel. I got the Glamper pattern from Pinterest. I changed it up a bit with the background and adding a pull hitch to it.

Now I need to make me one.
Robinlee

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
BEAUTIFUL mug rug by Robin! And who (board name, please) is Robin? Very talented lady! The redwork on that tablecloth is so pretty. What a treasure that is, too!

I recognize the applique on the MR as raw edge applique (I think...) but was wondering if the black thread used to create all the defining lines was a special, heavier thread-- or just regular black thread. It was very effective.

What a great swap!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:46 PM

Nan62 Thank you for a wonderful swap!!! Love the mug rug with the lovely ladies on the beach eating at a café so cute!!!!! Love the goodies. Purple felt.candle melt.tea.and my favorite is the fat quarter of downton abby collection!! Love it!!!! Thank You again!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
Hi,
It is Robinlee, I used regular cotton black thread and stitched twice. As to the Sun bonnet Sue is a dish towel. I got the Glamper pattern from Pinterest. I changed it up a bit with the background and adding a pull hitch to it.

Now I need to make me one.
Robinlee
Robinlee! I should have known, but drew a blank! Thanks for the info on the black stitching. I just love it. The dishtowel is awesome too.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Pat, cute cute CUTE!!!!! camper, love it to bits!! great pkg. but I think that camper is the bees knees
Old 07-24-2015, 01:26 PM

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that I received the most amazing package from Terriamn today... especially well timed as it is my birthday!!! She not only sent a whole bucket load of goodies.... but TWO mug rugs, both exceptional.

Now.... as it is my birthday we have been out most of the day so it is a good idea to wait until tomorrow before I take pictures, but rest assured I will post a picture first thing in the morning!

Terri, you are a talented quilter and an exceptional swap partner and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Hugs

Caroline