Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July to Oct 2020 Wall Hanging Swap >

July to Oct 2020 Wall Hanging Swap

July to Oct 2020 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 09-15-2020, 04:13 PM

Anna, Marion, Teen and R-sea, Such nice wallhangings! And all so different.
I’ll be different too, I guess. I’m going to go the Christmas route. Maybe you could consider it more of a Winter theme. It’s started and the tree portion is all done. Just need to finish
Old 09-16-2020, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Oh how stinking cute! Indeed a farm wall hanging. Love it!
Old 09-16-2020, 05:19 PM

Oh..R-sea....that is adorable!!! Beautiful work. Love it!
Old 09-19-2020, 03:14 PM

R-sea...what a beautiful job!....but then all of the wall hangings are beautiful!

I finally put a few projects aside, got my rear in gear and started my wall hanging. "The family" just refused to cooperate, so maybe they will bloom for the spring swap...maybe not. Meanwhile, I made all the pieces needed for my chosen project...then proceeded to quilt the base before assembly. All was going along nicely. I checked the back every so often and all was well....so I quit checking the back and kept quilting. Finished quilting....turned it over, and what do I have? A blessed wrinkle that is going to require about a fourth of the quilting to be ripped out and re-done! Oh well...I'm glad I started it early enough, and I'm glad it isn't a monster! Hopefully I'll have it done in time to post a picture before swap day!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:24 PM

Oh, no, granky...I hate when that happens. No one sees the back anyway but I totally get the “ripping out” ....I do the same thing...when gifting, I can be a perfectionist.... looking forward to seeing what you came up with.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:56 PM

Well,it wasn't too bad. Should be able to post a pic in the next day or two......
Old 09-22-2020, 08:46 AM
j50

Default 3 firsts

or should I say 4

1-Glue basting- love it!

2-Used a magnetic hoop for my embroidery/quilting-love it.

I bought round magnets to use instead of the top hoop. Makes life a lot easier when moving the quilt around to a new spot and aligning with motifs.

3-Never did a barber pole and really loved doing it. Will have to do more of these.

4-I have never used white in any of my quilts and this one has plenty in it. I like it.

This is all blue and white so I hope someone loves that combo. Because of the size it can be a wall hanging or a table runner. There is also a bonus to go with it.

Love all of the batiks in MarionsQuilts another first but will have to collect more batiks. Would love the challenge of quilting it now that I have an easy way of doing it.
Attached Thumbnails 1-barber-pole.jpeg  
Old 09-22-2020, 12:42 PM

How pretty!....and yes, someone will love it!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:00 PM

Granky...glad the fix was not taxing...yah!

j50.....absolutely love it!! All your 1st’s created and gorgeous project... This will match my decor in my bedroom or kitchen... Lol...I have been debating whether to invest in an embroidery machine... so many creative uses for it...the quilting is just one of the features I really like.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:39 AM

Hmmmm....I don't normally have problems posting pictures, but for some reason, one of these does not want to be seen. Will try one more time (third time is the charm?), and if it doesn't appear, then there will only be one picture, period.The piece measures 18 1/2 X 19 1/2...odd size, I know, but there it is....
Well...one failed again. Hope you can tell what it looks like without a flat view...
Attached Thumbnails pic002.jpg